Profile for Amber N. Bracegirdle > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amber N. Bracegirdle "Ams" RSS Feed (Scotch Plains, NJ)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Joovy Groove Ultralight Umbrella Stroller, Triple Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stroller!, February 20, 2015
This stroller feels more sturdy than the frame would have you believe, with its lightness. It's easy to fold and unfold, and we love the extended canopy. It reclines almost completely, which is the only way our little guy will nap. We love love love the shoulder strap, though I do wish there were a way to secure it loosely to the frame on one side. More than once it's tangled itself around the pedal to open the stroller, which isn't a big deal, but makes it no longer "hands free" opening, so to speak. Overall though, we're incredibly pleased. We purchased this stroller to replace a Chicco umbrella stroller my husband accidentally ran over. We liked that the Chicco would hold the car seat, but now that my son is bigger, we realize we could have just stuck with the car seat frame a little longer and this one, and skipped the Chicco all together.

Dessert For Two: Small Batch Cookies, Brownies, Pies, and Cakes
Dessert For Two: Small Batch Cookies, Brownies, Pies, and Cakes
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic from Beginning to End!, February 20, 2015
I read a lot of cookbooks, and I love a lot of cookbooks, but it's been a couple of years since I bought one that I know in my heart I could easily use EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Dessert for Two is everything I wanted it to be. The portions (just 2!) are generous enough to make the recipes not feel like a "diet" book, while automatically building in portion control. And all of that is fabulous. But what was really important to me - are the recipes actually *good* - well no, they're not. They're AMAZING.

As a fellow Texan, I found Christina's conversational tone and directions familiar and easy to read. And it made my heart sing to see pralines, divinity, pecans galore, and use of the word y'all. So far my favorite recipe in the bunch is the Brownies for Two. I used a mixture of King Arthur Flour's black cocoa and Ghirardelli's unsweetened cocoa powder to please my dark chocolate loving husband's heart, and zing - did I!

I also love that the majority of recipes could easily be doubled or tripled to make "regular" sized desserts, for when you're having company. To me, that makes it two books in one, and quite a bargain at that.

The photos are gorgeous and plentiful. Not going to lie, this book could easily also double as a coffee table book, the photos are that good. I already sent a copy to my mama, since it's just her and my dad. Dad has diabetes, but is allowed a sweet treat now and then. My mom wasn't making them, simply because she couldn't deal with having the leftovers around to tempt him. She is SO excited about this concept. Buy this book - you're going to love it.

KidCo GoPod Portable Activity Seat - Pistachio
KidCo GoPod Portable Activity Seat - Pistachio
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
Price: $49.95
31 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Pod Goes Everywhere with me!, May 17, 2014
I've been using the Go-Pod at home for a while now, in the laundry room or back deck when we'd play outside and get some sunshine, but what pushed me over the edge into 5 stars is the trip I'm currently on. I've traveled down the east coast from NYC to Miami for a conference, and had to bring my 6 month old with me.

The Go-Pod has become our high chair, play station, our "here, stand for a while so mommy doesn't have to hold you" spot. I'm taking it to sessions and letting the little guy chill while I actually participate in conversations. It fit well in our rolling duffel bag that I checked for the baby, and the construction definitely didn't suffer for a trip on an airplane. Everyone who sees it is like, "that thing is GENIUS", and I have to agree. Best invention ever.

Surprise-Inside Cakes: Amazing Cakes for Every Occasion--with a Little Something Extra Inside
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Reasons to Love Surprise Inside Cakes, April 15, 2014
1 - Solid cake recipes. Yes, the book is full of fun and unique ideas for when you cut into the cake. But I love that the author spent the time providing tried and true, delicious cake recipes too.
2 - Beautiful and helpful photos. Cake decorating is a struggle for me. The how-to photos are detailed, and incredibly helpful.
3 - Down-to-Earth writing. Reading the book is like having a chat with the author. I love that!
4 - Difficulty Levels. The book has a page that divides the book's recipes into difficulty level. Tackle your level, then move on to the next!
5 - Celebrating every occasion. Whether it's birthdays, engagements, or Christmas, there are cakes for every family celebration you can imagine. A perfect place to start your inspiration and create a party around your cake!

Classic Snacks Made from Scratch: 70 Homemade Versions of Your Favorite Brand-Name Treats
by Casey Barber
Price: $14.94
51 used & new from $0.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia and Fun in one book!, March 6, 2013
I just love this book. From the intro to the resources section at the back, the book is packed with useful info in addition to fun recipes for stuff we all love to nosh. I especially love the Cheesy Snacks section, because these are my favorite kind of snacks to eat. I've found the recipes approachable, and Casey's suggestions and helpful tips around what to do with used oil made me more keen to tackle things like Doritos without trepidation. Great book, and also a great gift for anyone that likes to experiment in the kitchen.

Trader Joes Mustard Miscellany Gift Set: Provencal; Blackcurrant; Chablis; Basil
Offered by Cohle Cooper L LLC
Price: $14.98
7 used & new from $11.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous mustards!, December 28, 2012
We bought this in the Trader Joe's store. Each flavor is fabulous and unique. I was most surprised about the black currant mustard. It's become my new favorite thing! I put it on everything, but it's especially good with pork. We've also made a baked chicken dish with the Chablis, and it was incredible. Highly recommend this set.

Naturally Knocked Up
Naturally Knocked Up
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to like this book., October 17, 2012
I really wanted to like this book, and more importantly, get something useful from it. Unfortunately, I couldn't get past the first chapter.

I am not an atheist or even agnostic. When reading this book, however, I was overwhelmed by the constant references to religion and God.

I am happy and thrilled when people have faith in their lives. However, the constant need to reference back to that in what should be a practical book about approaching infertility through nutrition and healing exercise, it feels forced and pushy and turned me off completely.

Desserts in Jars: 50 Sweet Treats that Shine
Desserts in Jars: 50 Sweet Treats that Shine
by Shaina Olmanson
Edition: Hardcover-spiral
Price: $12.15
88 used & new from $1.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous ideas from start to finish, June 26, 2012
I just read this book from cover to cover, and it's one of the few cookbooks where I can say that every single recipe appealed to me! I love that there's an entire section of dry mixes to give as gifts. That's Christmas sorted for me (along with a copy of this book for each recipient)!

Shaina has proved she's truly a master at recipe developing. You'd think with 50 recipes, there'd be some overlap or repetition, but there isn't. From the Indian Rice Pudding to the pains au chocolat, I am set for dinner party desserts from now on.

The photography is stunning, and speaking of those pains au chocolate - the photo of those literally had me imagining the crisp flaky texture of the pastry and the bittersweet surprise of chocolate. I am impressed!

Cook without a Book: Meatless Meals: Recipes and Techniques for Part-Time and Full-Time Vegetarians
by Pam Anderson
Price: $21.34
56 used & new from $3.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Hits it out of the park!, November 28, 2011
I'm a long time fan of Pam's original Cook without a Book, so I was very excited to see her get back to this format. It proves that Pam really is a recipe writing genius. What others do with physics and calculus, she does with food.

I've made two recipes just this week out of the book - skillet eggs and potatoes, and the sweet breakfast pizza. Both have been phenomenal, and it's easy to put my own spin on the recipe with Pam's formulas.

What I *really* love is that Pam's formulas sort of point out to me that I was already at this point - eating a lot of meatless meals. I just wasn't taking it to the next level and making it something I would *choose* over a meal that included meat. With her help, we're doing that a lot more.

Thank you, Pam, for another wonderful book.

GROVE SQUARE (TM) - Single Cup Coffee - Light Roast - 24ct
GROVE SQUARE (TM) - Single Cup Coffee - Light Roast - 24ct

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete rip-off, November 1, 2011
I was at the grocery store yesterday and we needed a few boxes of regular k-cup portion packs. The store was all out of my Green Mountain Coffee favorites, and most of what was left was flavored, besides these Grove Square portion packs.

They were $5.99 compared to $8.49, but still very expensive when you consider that these are literally freeze dried coffee!

I'm willing to compromise my green ways when it comes to my Keurig because I'm getting quality coffee out of k-cup portion packs - but that is not the case when it comes to this Grove Square junk!

Just remember, if the box doesn't have a Keurig logo on it, it is NOT Keurig approved. And Keurig only approves companies that use REAL, FRESHLY GROUND coffee in their portion packs.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3