Profile for Lyle Eckert > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 39

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lyle Eckert "It's not that I am lazy; It's that I just don't care." RSS Feed (Blaine, MN United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Camelbak Podium Big Chill 25 oz Bottle, Clear/Racing Red
Camelbak Podium Big Chill 25 oz Bottle, Clear/Racing Red
Offered by Quality MegaMall
Price: $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bottle for biking, August 4, 2014
Best water bottle I own, the insulated camelbacks are really nice. I use them on bike rides, and for hockey games they keep keep the water nice and cold, and even after a 20 mile ride there was still some ice left, which really surprised me, with my old bottles, the ice would be gone in 10-15 minutes.

X-Chock Wheel Stabilizer - Pair - One Handle - 28012
X-Chock Wheel Stabilizer - Pair - One Handle - 28012
Price: $60.30
16 used & new from $48.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the camper pretty stable, not quite rock solid, but solid, August 4, 2014
These are pretty sweet. I bought them just hoping they would help a little bit, but in reality, they worked pretty well. There is still a little bit of sway in our camper, but not nearly as much as when these are not on. We are using them on a 32' travel trailer, so it is quite a big one. I do try to make sure I don't over tighten them, so maybe if I went a little tighter they would help even more, but it sounds like people have ruined their tires that way.

Thermaltake Massive23 LX Laptop Notebook Cooler Oversized 230mm Blue LED Fan USB CLN0015
Offered by LLYtech
Price: $28.70
59 used & new from $27.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for cooling the laptop, and helping the system fan, but sadly not silent, August 4, 2014
I have been having some issues with one of my laptops going to sleep randomly, and I thought it might be overheating. Well I started using this, and the internal fan hardly ever runs now, which is great since it sounded like a jet engine. The fan that Thermaltake uses is quieter, however it makes a knocking sound that is obnoxious. The fan doesn't turn that fast, which is ok with me, as long as it cools down the system, it seems to do an ok job at that, there is a noticeable breeze around the sides of the laptop when the fan is on. I really like the handles that it has as well, I find those very useful.

If it weren't for the knocking sound I would have given this a 5* review.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 9.8 Feet (3 Meters) Supports Ethernet, 3D, and Audio Return
Price: $7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little cable, August 4, 2014
Worked exactly as expected to hook up a PS3 to a TV. The old cable for some reason wasn't working anymore, so I got this one. No issues.

Patuoxun USB 2.0 to Sata Converter Adapter Cable w/ 2.5" 2.5 Inch Hard Drive HDD Case
Offered by Patozon
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars which was kind of annoying since there is a flap for just that purpose, August 4, 2014
The cable worked exactly as expected for reading a solid state drive that I wanted to use as an external drive for moving some information over to a new drive. The process was quick and efficient no drivers were needed, since it was just seen as a usb drive. I didn't need both power cables plugged in either, just the primary one.

This comes with clear plastic case in the package, and it was ok. I couldn't get the drive plugged in with it in the case though, which was kind of annoying since there is a flap for just that purpose. The plug ended up being a slightly odd angle, so that it wouldn't go in. Other than that this cable worked perfectly.

BlueRigger High Speed HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable (6.6 Feet/ 2 Meters)
BlueRigger High Speed HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable (6.6 Feet/ 2 Meters)
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $19.99
8 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for my laptop for another monitor, April 7, 2014
I am very happy with this cable, it feels well put together, and it works perfectly. I used this for a laptop that has a standard video out and an hdmi port for a second monitor.

7 Wonders
7 Wonders
Price: $32.88
40 used & new from $32.60

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a good game, but not a favorite, January 17, 2014
This review is from: 7 Wonders (Toy)
We have played this a number of times, and I have had fun with it. My family and I play a fair amount of games, and we have certain favorites (King of Tokyo is the current favorite, Castle Panic, Dungeon Board Game, Forbidden Island, Ticket to Ride are all favorites). The game seems complicated when you first start, and it took us a while to get down what you actually need to do to win the game.

Anyway we will probably pull it out from time to time, but I don't think we will play it a ton.

APC P6W 6 Outlets 120V Surge Arrest Power Distribution Unit
APC P6W 6 Outlets 120V Surge Arrest Power Distribution Unit
Price: $9.74
55 used & new from $4.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Sadly didn't solve the problem I wanted it for, January 17, 2014
Specifically I wanted a surge protector that would stop a treadmill from tripping my AFCI circuit. I had read that some surge protectors do, and so I am on the hunt for one that actually does. Anyway this one does not, and I think I will probably have to bite the bullet and buy a better one.

As for this particular one, I do like that it is a wall mount instead of being on the floor or some other way, and that the plugs are on the side is nice for most things. But that brings me to one of my issues, I have a fairly large brick plug, that doesn't fit on here because it is mounted to the wall, and there are no plugs on the front or somewhere else that I could use, so I ended up with an extension cord off of the surge protector just so I could fit the large plug. Also this plug doesn't seem to fit flush to the wall where I have it. It isn't a huge deal for me since it is behind a bunch of other stuff, but I expected it to fit nicer.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2014 3:55 PM PST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great For those cases where Synergy or Mouse Without Borders won't work, January 17, 2014
My setup is that I have two laptops on my desk, but the second one is raised up, and not easy to type on or use the trackpad on. I have used Synergy (a software product to share the keyboard/mouse over the network) to solve the issue by being able to use one keyboard and mouse for both machines. This works great, except that one of my current machines is a work laptop, and when on VPN, I don't have access to my local network anymore, so I can't use a software product to share the keyboard and mouse without a lot of monkeying around with multiple network cards etc.

Enter the JUC100, this cord makes it so I can share the mouse and keyboard with the two laptops that I have. I love that it is fast to move the mouse input from machine to machine, and though there is a little lag, it isn't anything that annoys me when working between the two machines all day. The fact that there is also copy/paste functionality with the two machines is now just an added bonus in my book.

The setup worked great on one laptop, but sadly was a little more annoying on the other. The one that it worked on is a windows 8. I plugged it in, and up came the software, it installed and everything was ready to go in a minute or two.

The second machine (the work laptop that is usually VPNed in) gave me some trouble. First the software didn't run when I first plugged it in, and it didn't even seem to try. Next I started getting errors from Symantec's Enpoint Protection software for some reason. This kept happening later even after I got the wormhole to work, as a matter of fact they still show up now and again, and I just ignore them :). To run the wormhole software, I had to find the drive and run the .exe manually, which wasn't too hard (showed up as drive E: for me). After that was installed, it has started up even after removing and reinserting the wormhole cord into the USB slot, so it seems like it was just the initial setup that was a problem.

After getting the two machines running, I am now able to share the keyboard/mouse across three screens (two for the work machine, and one for the personal machine). The single monitor system is all furthest screen from the main monitor on the other box, and it is still able to go off the correct edge of the second monitor and on to the monitor on the single machine just fine. I had read there were problems if there was a secondary monitor in between but that doesn't seem to be an issue in my case. Configuring it was really simple as well, where the screens are in relationship to each other is on the main menu so it was nice that I didn't have to go into the settings or something like that to change where the screen is.

Overall this is a great product that fills a niche that I needed a solution for because of the VPN issues. I would probably have given it 5* if it had worked right out of the box, and I would love to have the option of wireless! (BT, RF, I don't care, I just hate having wires strung from one place to another, which is why I use a wireless keyboard/mouse :) )
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2014 10:31 AM PDT

SHARKK® Bluetooth Headset / Handsfree Bluetooth 4.0 Stereo Headphone with Charging Dock for iPhone 5S / 5C / 5 / 4S / 4, Galaxy S4 / S3 / And All Smasung And Android Bluetooth Devices (BT 4.0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headset for use with computers for making phone calls., December 11, 2013
Sharkk provided me a sample of this product for review, and it is definitely worth the review. I use this mostly with my laptop for calls which isn't really what the product is marketed for, but it works really well. I have daily calls for work that I call in for with google hangouts, and I like to use a hands free headset so I can still use my hands on the keyboard. I am using a Windows 8 laptop in this instance, and it pairs easily, and has great sound quality. I have had issue with the bluetooth not automatically reconnecting with the computer sometimes, but I had this same issue with my Sony DR-BT50 bluetooth headphones that I used before. I also attached it to my phone (Moto X), and it worked fine for that too, but I don't spend much time in a car, so I don't need a headset for the car.

The feature I really love with this headset is that the cradle is magnetic, so the headset stays in the cradle really well. The package includes a couple of ways to hang the cradle, and I have mine hanging out of the way, but within easy reach when working at my workstation. I kind of wish that the supplied usb cable was a little longer, but since this is meant to be used in a car, it is an ok length.

As for sound quality, and such, the sound on the headset is really good, it doesn't have the full range of sound for listening to music, but it works for that in a pinch if need be. The microphone seems pretty good, it sounded good to me, and I have had no issues with people complaining about it. The range is really good as well, I am able to be on the far side of my basement and still be connected, and the sound is still pretty good. the farthest I have gotten is about 20 feet (with a wall in between). The sound broke up a little when that far away, but was still very useable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4