Profile for Lyle Eckert > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lyle Eckert "It's not that I am lazy; It's that I just don't care." RSS Feed (Blaine, MN United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
BlueRigger High Speed HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable (6.6 Feet/ 2 Meters)
BlueRigger High Speed HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable (6.6 Feet/ 2 Meters)
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $19.99
6 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for my laptop for another monitor, April 7, 2014
I am very happy with this cable, it feels well put together, and it works perfectly. I used this for a laptop that has a standard video out and an hdmi port for a second monitor.

7 Wonders
7 Wonders
Price: $32.99
69 used & new from $28.00

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a good game, but not a favorite, January 17, 2014
This review is from: 7 Wonders (Toy)
We have played this a number of times, and I have had fun with it. My family and I play a fair amount of games, and we have certain favorites (King of Tokyo is the current favorite, Castle Panic, Dungeon Board Game, Forbidden Island, Ticket to Ride are all favorites). The game seems complicated when you first start, and it took us a while to get down what you actually need to do to win the game.

Anyway we will probably pull it out from time to time, but I don't think we will play it a ton.

APC P6W 6 Outlets 120V Surge Arrest Power Distribution Unit
APC P6W 6 Outlets 120V Surge Arrest Power Distribution Unit
Price: $10.99
49 used & new from $4.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Sadly didn't solve the problem I wanted it for, January 17, 2014
Specifically I wanted a surge protector that would stop a treadmill from tripping my AFCI circuit. I had read that some surge protectors do, and so I am on the hunt for one that actually does. Anyway this one does not, and I think I will probably have to bite the bullet and buy a better one.

As for this particular one, I do like that it is a wall mount instead of being on the floor or some other way, and that the plugs are on the side is nice for most things. But that brings me to one of my issues, I have a fairly large brick plug, that doesn't fit on here because it is mounted to the wall, and there are no plugs on the front or somewhere else that I could use, so I ended up with an extension cord off of the surge protector just so I could fit the large plug. Also this plug doesn't seem to fit flush to the wall where I have it. It isn't a huge deal for me since it is behind a bunch of other stuff, but I expected it to fit nicer.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2014 3:55 PM PST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great For those cases where Synergy or Mouse Without Borders won't work, January 17, 2014
My setup is that I have two laptops on my desk, but the second one is raised up, and not easy to type on or use the trackpad on. I have used Synergy (a software product to share the keyboard/mouse over the network) to solve the issue by being able to use one keyboard and mouse for both machines. This works great, except that one of my current machines is a work laptop, and when on VPN, I don't have access to my local network anymore, so I can't use a software product to share the keyboard and mouse without a lot of monkeying around with multiple network cards etc.

Enter the JUC100, this cord makes it so I can share the mouse and keyboard with the two laptops that I have. I love that it is fast to move the mouse input from machine to machine, and though there is a little lag, it isn't anything that annoys me when working between the two machines all day. The fact that there is also copy/paste functionality with the two machines is now just an added bonus in my book.

The setup worked great on one laptop, but sadly was a little more annoying on the other. The one that it worked on is a windows 8. I plugged it in, and up came the software, it installed and everything was ready to go in a minute or two.

The second machine (the work laptop that is usually VPNed in) gave me some trouble. First the software didn't run when I first plugged it in, and it didn't even seem to try. Next I started getting errors from Symantec's Enpoint Protection software for some reason. This kept happening later even after I got the wormhole to work, as a matter of fact they still show up now and again, and I just ignore them :). To run the wormhole software, I had to find the drive and run the .exe manually, which wasn't too hard (showed up as drive E: for me). After that was installed, it has started up even after removing and reinserting the wormhole cord into the USB slot, so it seems like it was just the initial setup that was a problem.

After getting the two machines running, I am now able to share the keyboard/mouse across three screens (two for the work machine, and one for the personal machine). The single monitor system is all furthest screen from the main monitor on the other box, and it is still able to go off the correct edge of the second monitor and on to the monitor on the single machine just fine. I had read there were problems if there was a secondary monitor in between but that doesn't seem to be an issue in my case. Configuring it was really simple as well, where the screens are in relationship to each other is on the main menu so it was nice that I didn't have to go into the settings or something like that to change where the screen is.

Overall this is a great product that fills a niche that I needed a solution for because of the VPN issues. I would probably have given it 5* if it had worked right out of the box, and I would love to have the option of wireless! (BT, RF, I don't care, I just hate having wires strung from one place to another, which is why I use a wireless keyboard/mouse :) )
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 10, 2014 10:31 AM PDT

SHARKK® Bluetooth Headset / Handsfree Bluetooth 4.0 Stereo Headphone with Charging Dock for iPhone 5S / 5C / 5 / 4S / 4, Galaxy S4 / S3 / And All Smasung And Android Bluetooth Devices (BT 4.0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headset for use with computers for making phone calls., December 11, 2013
Sharkk provided me a sample of this product for review, and it is definitely worth the review. I use this mostly with my laptop for calls which isn't really what the product is marketed for, but it works really well. I have daily calls for work that I call in for with google hangouts, and I like to use a hands free headset so I can still use my hands on the keyboard. I am using a Windows 8 laptop in this instance, and it pairs easily, and has great sound quality. I have had issue with the bluetooth not automatically reconnecting with the computer sometimes, but I had this same issue with my Sony DR-BT50 bluetooth headphones that I used before. I also attached it to my phone (Moto X), and it worked fine for that too, but I don't spend much time in a car, so I don't need a headset for the car.

The feature I really love with this headset is that the cradle is magnetic, so the headset stays in the cradle really well. The package includes a couple of ways to hang the cradle, and I have mine hanging out of the way, but within easy reach when working at my workstation. I kind of wish that the supplied usb cable was a little longer, but since this is meant to be used in a car, it is an ok length.

As for sound quality, and such, the sound on the headset is really good, it doesn't have the full range of sound for listening to music, but it works for that in a pinch if need be. The microphone seems pretty good, it sounded good to me, and I have had no issues with people complaining about it. The range is really good as well, I am able to be on the far side of my basement and still be connected, and the sound is still pretty good. the farthest I have gotten is about 20 feet (with a wall in between). The sound broke up a little when that far away, but was still very useable.

Hyperion Motorola Moto X Phone Matte TPU Case and Screen Protector (Compatible with Sprint Motorola Moto X Phone / XFON XT1056, and AT&T Motorola X Phone / XFON XT1058, and Verizon Wireless Moto X Phone) **Hyperion Retail Packaging** [2 Year Warranty] (Smoke)
Offered by Able Provider
Price: $5.99
3 used & new from $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I had to stop using this, October 20, 2013
I was super excited to get my Moto X, and have a case that had a spot for the dimple in the back. This case fit the bill, but I hated the way that the buttons worked when in this case. The power button/volume rocker are really hard to push because of the way the case covers them. I used this case for a while, but in the end I ended up taking it off.

As for the screen protector, I never was able to get it on correctly. Usually I don't ever use one for my phones, but I figured since I got one with this case, I would use it, but I couldn't get the protector on without bubbles, even after making sure the screen was pristine before I started.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2013 8:02 PM PST

Corsair 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SODIMM Memory Kit (CMSO16GX3M2A1333C9)
Corsair 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SODIMM Memory Kit (CMSO16GX3M2A1333C9)
Offered by green tech
Price: $144.45
48 used & new from $138.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for my laptop, October 20, 2013
I am using a Dell Latitude E3460 for work, and since it only came with 4 GB of memory, I wanted to upgrade it. These DIMM's worked perfectly, and there were no issues with installation (though for this particular model of DELL you have to take off the whole back of the machine).

Acer G236HL Bbd 23-Inch Screen LCD-Lit Monitor
Acer G236HL Bbd 23-Inch Screen LCD-Lit Monitor
Price: $128.57
10 used & new from $98.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor for the price, October 20, 2013
I am very happy with this monitor, I wanted a larger monitor than the laptop, that I was given for work when I work at home. This monitor fit the bill, since I really wanted one that could do full HD since I do programming,and I hate it when I don't have enough screen space for all the windows I want to have open. I was surprised how light this monitor is, when I got it, and it is pretty thin as well, though for my purposes that doesn't matter so much, the desk I have it on has a spot for an old CRT, and this one now sits there, but hangs about 1/3 off over the edge since it is so much wider.

Energizer 377-376 1.5v #377/376 Watch/Calculator Battery (5 Pack)
Energizer 377-376 1.5v #377/376 Watch/Calculator Battery (5 Pack)
Offered by MYBATTERYSUPPLIER
Price: $3.45
19 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for the watch I needed to fix, October 20, 2013
I needed one for a watch I need to fix, and it fit just like it should have. No problems with the batteries, the packaging was pretty easy to open as well.

SHARKK Bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter For Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Vista BT 4.0 Dongle Receiver
Offered by SHARKK
Price: $9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little bluetooth dongle, October 20, 2013
I was provided with a free copy of this item for testing and my fair and honest evaluation.

I tested the bluetooth dongle with a couple of operating systems. I used a dual boot Windows 7/ Open SUSE 13.1 system. For the Windows part, it worked just like it should, I plugged it in, and everything worked just fine. I tested it with a keyboard, mouse, and a wireless speaker that I had. It worked like a charm with all three. Bluetooth, really is the way to go for wireless connections IMO.

As for the Open SUSE 13.1, I had some issues, but not with the dongle, but with the test build of SUSE I was using. The YAST hardware info recognized the dongle, and everything seemed like it should work. The problem I ran into was that Open SUSE would not start the Bluetooth applet for connecting. I would click the applet, and it would just run the animation for startup, and then the applet would never load. I will keep trying that later, and see if I can get it to work once 13.1 is a full release build, and update the review then.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4