Profile for J. Carson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Carson RSS Feed

Last Launch: Discovery, Endeavour, Atlantis
Last Launch: Discovery, Endeavour, Atlantis
by Dan Winters
Price: $36.08
44 used & new from $24.50

5.0 out of 5 stars BEYOND WORDS, November 14, 2012
I have been waiting with baited breath for the release of this book. I finally saw it in Barnes and Noble today. I spent over an hour looking through every page and I didn't want to put it down. I have been a NASA geek and a space shuttle fan all my life. I have collected photography books for 25 years. Never have I seen a book that more thoroughly chronicles a subject such as the shuttles in such an interesting way. Anyone who is a fan of the space program, young or old, anyone who appreciates true artistic talent when it comes to photographs, will appreciate this book. Anyone who owns a fine art photo book, understands that they generally include spreads (two photos matched to be veiwed together) and single images with a blank facing page. This is nothing new. But for anyone with discerning taste and a fine eye for detail, this book will leave you salivating. Since the shuttle program no longer exists, this book will surely become the standard historical photographic record of something that was once a point of national pride. This will be what we show our grand kids when we talk about the shuttles. Bravo Dan Winters. Thanks for caring enough to devote your time to this so that the rest of us can sit back and recall a stellar time in the history of the U.S. space program. I don't mean to spoil the surprise, but I will be ordering this book, not only for myself, but for everyone of my freinds and family members this year. So Merry Christmas!