Profile for Linda Bowen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Linda Bowen "lpoebowen" RSS Feed (wy United States)

iRiver Clix 2 (Clix2 / U20) compatible Advanced Rapid Wall AC Charger - Amazingly powerful home charge design built with Gomadic Brand TipExchange
Offered by Gomadic Corp.
Price: $19.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good = Excellent, January 21, 2009
I bought it as a gift for my hubby, who got the iRiver Clix2 last year. The speed of shipping was great, got it sooner that I expected, esp. for Christmas time. The product itself, I am going to say is excellent because hubby said it's "pretty good", which means excellent in his world. However when he first opened the gift he wasn't too impressed, cuz he thought he already had one. After I set him straight on that fact he was very happy to get it.

Isokinetics Inc. Brand Balance Exercise Ball Chair - Purple 52cm Ball - Exclusive: Office size 60mm/2.5" wheels (versus 50mm/2" wheels used on other brands) - w/Exercise Ball Measuring Tape & Starter Pump
Offered by Isokinetics, Inc.
Price: $79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars STILL - Surprisingly Comfortable, August 20, 2008
I and 3 of the girls that work for me got one of these "chairs". Two of us had been using a regular exercise ball, but due to the fact we are up and down alot during the day we decided to try the ones that are on casters. The "chairs" arrived sooner than expected and were easy to set up...well, except for the air pump, it was cheesy. We used a better pump we had on hand. The only problem I could state is the fact that the brakes on the casters will lock on their own, but it hasn't been a huge problem.
As far as the total experience of sitting on the ball chair all day at work, getting up and down and moving from the keyboard to the file drawer without having to get up (as I had to do with the regular exercise ball) it is a great chair! The exercise ball by itself took concentration and it was not good to wear a skirt or dress while sitting on it. With the casters it's no problem to wear a dress.
One of the girls had been using the Wii Fit Board prior to sitting on this chair. After about a week or so her fitness scores went up on the Wii; for better balance and core fitness. All of us have noticed better posture since using the ball chair. It is possible to slouch while sitting on it, but it is not comfortable to slouch. For some reason it is just more comfortable to sit up straight.
One of the girls had been having minor back pain and she said she hasn't had it since using the ball chair.
We do get allot of comments from customers about how weird or funny it looks, but it has not deterred any of us to go back to a regular chair. It just gives us a chance to applaud the attributes of how much better our balance, posture and core fitness is and tell them "We are always on the ball".
Of the four of us that bought the chair, we all like it 100% and have not gone back to the regular chairs provided to us by the county. We have all been using the Balance Ball Chair since the day we got them, 1 1/2 months ago.

10/7/2010: 2 YEARS AND 2 MONTHS LATER AND WE ARE STILL USING THE BALANCE BALL CHAIRS. One of the balls got a leak and she had to buy a new one. Other than that no problems. I have since hired a new girl and she also bought a ball chair like ours .... I highly recommend the chair ... plus they are tons cheaper than any office type chair.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2011 12:27 PM PDT

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, July 13, 2006
On first use the plastic adapter plug broke. (the one that plugs into a cig lighter) Taped it back together with electrical tape, hope it works a second time. The knives didn't seem to flow through the fish as easily as our previous electric fillet knife, but it was alot quieter. The cutting board on the back side of the case is a wasted design as it is WAY too small to actually fillet a fish on. Lastly, my husband said it will take him longer to get all the cords back into the case so it will close then it did to fillet the fish. We may end up storing it in a zip lock bag just to save the hassle.

Unleashed
Unleashed
Price: $7.39
252 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Great CD!, August 29, 2002
This review is from: Unleashed (Audio CD)
I didn't find 1 song on the entire CD that I didn't want to listen to more than once.
I usually buy a CD and skip over the songs that don't hold my attention with the beat and/or lyrics. This hasn't happened with Toby's Unleashed CD -- I've already listened to the entire CD 4 or 5 times since last night.