Profile for L. Marlowe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. Marlowe "mom2" RSS Feed (jacksonville, florida)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Jim Henson's The Storyteller - Greek Myths
Jim Henson's The Storyteller - Greek Myths
DVD ~ Michael Gambon
25 used & new from $54.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Really remarkable, February 6, 2013
We loved this - the stories are a perfect blend of creepy and sweet. A dog serves as a guide, so that when things get really creepy, the camera cuts back to him, worried. The myths are well done.

Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (1982 Original Broadway Cast)
Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (1982 Original Broadway Cast)
Price: $8.19
81 used & new from $0.36

5.0 out of 5 stars original is the way to go, August 27, 2007
I hadn't heard this in decades. I got it for my daughter and the original cast recording brought back great memories. It still sounds great and the music holds up. The production quality sounds fine, too.

One by One
One by One
Price: $8.69
178 used & new from $0.31

4.0 out of 5 stars really good, August 27, 2007
This review is from: One by One (Audio CD)
This album is really good, not just the singles, but the whole album. I made the lazy mistake of leaving this in my car along with only my kids' CDs, and so I have listened to it maybe 1000 times. It really is good. Lots of interesting minor keys and rhythms, a must for any Foo Fighters fan.

With Teeth
With Teeth
Price: $7.39
145 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars only, August 27, 2007
This review is from: With Teeth (Audio CD)
OK, there are some songs that sound alike. But to love NIN is to love the song "Only" (in my opinion)- which is available here. Some of the others are pretty darn good, too, like, obviously, "The Hand that Feeds". They are still awesome, NIN fans need this one, too.

Carry Bed
Carry Bed

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice toy, January 3, 2007
This review is from: Carry Bed (Toy)
This is a nice toy, well made, cute, my daughter likes it a lot.

AeroBed sleep tight inflatble beds for kids
AeroBed sleep tight inflatble beds for kids
Price: $77.04
14 used & new from $57.99

5.0 out of 5 stars worked well on our trip, January 3, 2007
Previously, I had used a toddler travel bed, not an air bed. The Toddler Travel Trundle was very uncomfortable for the kids, so I tried this. It worked very well and was much more comfortable. The pump is very heavy, so is the deflated bed, so we mailed it to our destination ahead of time.

Bear Ville Activity Center
Bear Ville Activity Center

5.0 out of 5 stars great, December 31, 2004
This review is from: Bear Ville Activity Center (Toy)
This is a great toy. I gave it to my daughter at 1 year of age- too early. I put it away and tried again when she was almost two. It has lots of neat little things to do. The bears can be played with alone, or in their cars, or in the play center. Lots of switches and knobs and things. She did pound too hard with the play hammer on the shapes that get hammered thru a whole, and fell down and cut her lip, but I can't see how that is Chicco's fault. They really make great toys. Their activity table (not the electronic one - the one with the train, instead, an award winner) is wonderful. This is a great break from Fisher Price toys.

Barbie Fairytopia Wonder Fairy (Style=B5762:Lenara)
Barbie Fairytopia Wonder Fairy (Style=B5762:Lenara)
Offered by Echo Supply
Price: $38.00
5 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars not a disappointment, December 31, 2004
I agree with a previous reviewer that it would be better if Lenara were wearing more clothes. However, the tattoos are neat, kind of different and other-worldly. It comes with a sprite, a map of fairyland, and a booklet with stories. The wings do convert from a dress to wings. Her top does not stay on, which might offend touchy people. Lenara is a fairy who helps the sprites to fly, or something like that. My daughter plays with it more than her Barbie.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars surprised, December 31, 2004
I am very surprised that this is a good toy. I thought that it wouldn't glow for very long, most "glow in the dark" toys barely glow. This one does. She puts it under a lamp during our bed time routine, then takes it to bed and it really glows for a while. It seems to comfort her in the dark. Fortunately, her little sister, in the same room, doesn't seem bothered by its glow.

Barbie Primp and Polish Styling Head
Barbie Primp and Polish Styling Head

1.0 out of 5 stars awful!, December 31, 2004
Oh, is this awful! My daughter really wanted it, so we asked her grandparents to buy it for her. I thought that it came with makeup to put on it, but instead you use cold and warm water to create a makeup effect. Of course, this is a pain (to get water for a child to use and spill) and it doesn't work, anyway.

The press on nails come with sticky things to help them attach, which she can't use on her own. The hair, as everyone else has mentioned, is awful. So, now we are stuck with this thing. I want to get rid of it in the middle of the night...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3