Profile for rhh3713 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

rhh3713 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Cartoon Wars 2
Cartoon Wars 2
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars great game for great fun, February 7, 2013
This review is from: Cartoon Wars 2 (App)
This is a great deal better than the first cartoon wars and is a great way to kill some time or just kick back and have a fun relaxing time

ZENONIA 4
ZENONIA 4
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars it's fun, January 6, 2013
This review is from: ZENONIA 4 (App)
It has an interesting storyline and good controls. The graphics are nice as well and it's just a pretty fun chill game to play.

Component A/V Cable for Playstation 2
Component A/V Cable for Playstation 2
Offered by Everydaysource
Price: $4.46
19 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars If you still play a PS2 and you have an HDTV then buy this cable., November 30, 2012
I decided to bring out my PS2 not too long ago and connected it to my HDTV and I was nearly appalled by the way it looked on the HDTV. So I decided to buy this cable to get the best picture I possible could out of it and I must say that it was worth it a million times over. It doesn't make it HD and I didn't expect it to, but wow is it much clearer and easier to enjoy.

The Count of Monte Cristo (Penguin Classics)
The Count of Monte Cristo (Penguin Classics)
by Alexander Dumas
Price: $8.75
147 used & new from $2.75

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite novels., November 30, 2012
I'm going to start out by saying that this is one of my favorite stories ever and it has had many adaptations and given inspiration to many more in all sorts of media. I've seen the anime, the old 1975 movie and the newer 2002 movies, I've even read the abridged version. I'm just now getting around to reading the full unabridged version and regret not having done so sooner. After a quick glance at a few different reviews I discovered that this was the most faithful translation of the original, though I have no way of truly knowing for myself since I can't read french, but either way this is an absolutely amazing book. Getting the full story is much more fulfilling than getting the watered down unabridged version.

To elaborate on the story for those who don't know it, a man named Edmond Dante's has everything he can ask for in life when it is all taken away by a few other men who were jealous of his success. He is then thrown into prison and after being trained in many aspects by his cell mate he manages to escape and that's when the true journey starts of him dedicating his entire life to exact the ultimate revenge on those who had robbed him of all he held dear all those years ago.

PlayStation 3 80GB System
PlayStation 3 80GB System
66 used & new from $119.00

4.0 out of 5 stars So much awesome in one system., November 30, 2012
I've had a 360 for a few years now and have thoroughly enjoyed it. So I'm not only going to review the PS3 but also compare it to the 360. First off the main reason I bought this is because my bluray player broke on me and I needed something to watch my blurays on so I decided to go ahead and get the PS3 for the added functionality of the games. The bluray on this is absolutely amazing, it even looks better than my previous player.

To go ahead and get the 360 comparison out of the way let's start with the online. You have to pay to get on xbox live and there's really no benefit to the paid for 360 over the free PS3 other than being able to chat with your friends even if your playing a different game, well I must say that there are many various different ways to chat with a friend without using a gaming console at all so that's really a moot point. And this being just pure preference, I must say that I prefer the trophy system over the gamerscore system, it gives you percentages for how many trophies you have from each game, you have actual levels you gain and you can also see how many of each trophy level you have each one being a different difficulty to obtain.

Next you have the bluray feature over the DVD only on 360, though I must say that the 360 does bring out the absolute best in DVDs, then again so does the PS3, and the PS3 using bluray technology allows for more data to go on a single disc providing the ability for Sony to create much more expansive and even better looking games although I haven't seen this used to it's fullest potential as of yet.

Last comparison between the two is the netflix, I don't know the technical details on this one or if it's just my imagination but the PS3 seems to run at full HD capacity more often and more consistently than with the 360. I don't know if this is due to the way it streams, the process it runs through or what but I've only once been kicked down in quality since starting to use my PS3 where is it happened quite often on the 360.

Now one thing I absolutely love about the PS3 is the multitude of PSOne classics and PS2 full game downloads, I have more games this way than I do on actual PS3 discs, it's a great way to play games that you might have missed out on when they first came out. Another great thing are the various combo packs and collections such as the sly, jak, and ratchet series which gives you all 3 games from the PS2 era in full HD all on one disc for each series for about $20. I must say I absolutely love this system and it was well worth the buy the only thing I don't particularly like is the lack of being able to play PS2 discs on this version, though there are those that do and I thought this was the one, but if you want the PS2 backwards compatibility then you need to look for the version with 4 usb ports in the front and the 80GB hardrive though the 20 and 40 both work as well they just aren't as foolproof as the 80GB.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Offered by trenzelworks
Price: $78.95
87 used & new from $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to relive an awesome piece of nostalgia, November 30, 2012
I, along with the vast majority of people interested in video games at the time, played this game when it first came out for the N64 and I still have my copy that I originally bought all those years ago. This game blew me away and still does to this day. I've played through this game on many different occasions and have enjoyed every minute of every playthrough. The characters very well made and even the smallest character adds a certain charm to this game, even if it's just the way they walk through the town. The places you travel across the rather large world for it's time are brought to life in a fantastic way, the story draws you in and the whole going from young to adult adds a-whole-nother level to this game giving you access in one by doing something in the other.

Now that I've about how great this game is I must talk about this specific port. The graphics were updated and I must say that they are gorgeous, the 3D is the only thing that made me consider giving this game a 4 star rating but I decided that the graphics upgrade and the inclusion of the master quest, which is the same game with dungeons and what not being re imagined to be much harder, made this deserving of the 5th star. So in conclusion I must say that having this game with the updated graphics and the much more challenging but just as fun master quest on the go is simply astounding.

Rayman 3D - Nintendo 3DS
Rayman 3D - Nintendo 3DS
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $20.99
37 used & new from $8.57

3.0 out of 5 stars Great game, not so great port., November 30, 2012
I played this game when it came out on the N64 and actually still have the special green cartridge. I really enjoyed this game when I played it the first time through, so when I purchased a 3DS I decided, why not. Well here's why not. The 3D is way too much causing you to either not use it at all or deal with an excessive amount of shadowing which really detracts from the game. So in other words I would much rather pull out my N64 if I wanted to play this game than play it on a handheld system where you can't even take full advantage of it's namesake.

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X
Offered by Hitgaming Video Games
Price: $14.74
329 used & new from $2.42

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite RPG's., November 30, 2012
This review is from: Final Fantasy X (Video Game)
This was the first Final Fantasy that I had ever played and one of the first RPG's I had ever played as well. The story draws you in and the characters make you care what happens to them. The combat system is rather nice and allows you to use a good bit of strategy instead of having to quickly choose your strongest attack like in many other RPG's. The level system lends itself to rather large level of customization where once you get through one characters path and depending on which of their paths you take you can continue on any number of the others characters paths giving you the ability later in the game to create well rounded very powerful allies. Using a component cable on your PS2 to your HDTV allows you to receive an acceptable level of quality and this game was absolutely gorgeous when it first came out.

Pathfinder
Pathfinder
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great new series from Orson Scott Card., November 30, 2012
This review is from: Pathfinder (Kindle Edition)
I've been a huge fan of Card ever since I first read Ender's Game. When I saw he had a new series coming out I decided to give it a shot. This book has an interesting storyline, fun characters, that same deep thought that Card puts in all of his books, and raises a ton of questions throughout the story.

I must forwarn though that I have already read Ruins, the sequel to this book, and I must say that it was not up to par with Card's usual work and makes me a bit disinterested in the series as a whole. I'm still willing to give the third one a try when it comes out, if only to find out how the second book ends since it feels as if there's a whole chapter missing.

In conclusion this book on its own is a great read, but it will leave you wanting a sequel as you can tell that the journey isn't quite over yet. The sad thing it that the sequel doesn't hold a flame to this one. So if your looking for a single book that you'll enjoy then this is a good book that concludes it's particular part of the journey rather well, but it is still only a part of the journey.

Trigun: Badlands Rumble [Blu-ray]
Trigun: Badlands Rumble [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Johnny Yong Bosch
Price: $14.29
25 used & new from $9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars If you loved the series then buy this movie., November 30, 2012
This was one of the series that first drew me into the world of anime and when I saw that they decided to make a movie years later I was a bit skeptical. But after purchasing and watching this movie I must say that it had everything the original series had all packed into one movie.

The story is great and fits nicely into the already established world. The characters are true to who they were in the series and the bluray is simply phenomenal. The new characters they added for the storyline all have an interesting intertwined history that makes for a great story for Vash and his friends to become a part of.

Page: 1 | 2