Profile for S. Chaudhry > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Chaudhry RSS Feed (Pittsburgh, PA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Dockers Men's 8-Pack V-Neck T-Shirt, White, Medium
Dockers Men's 8-Pack V-Neck T-Shirt, White, Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value. Fabric isn't as bad as Hanes., April 13, 2014
Fits well (I would suggest doing a Medium if you wear a Large shirt). The fabric isn't as flimsy as the Hanes V-necks which is a plus.

The only reason I am giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is because these might as well be crew-necks; the V-neck isn't deep at all. Not sure if that even accomplishes the whole point of a v-neck; to stay hidden under a dress shirt.

The World's Best iPhone 5 Screen Protector - iPhone 5s & iPhone 5c Screen Protector Compatible
Offered by The World's Best Quality Products
Price: $25.95
4 used & new from $6.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely the best screen protector that I personally have ever had for a phone + great customer service, February 18, 2014
While I think it's a tall claim to state that you're the best on the planet, I do agree that the quality, especially for the price, far surpasses anything else on the market. The screen protector is crystal clear and really is relatively less susceptible to smudge marks (of course you won't be able to eliminate all marks due to the nature of the product itself).

To top it all off, the screen protector comes with detailed instructions and a personal thank you note from the manufacturer/seller, who urges you to contact them directly if there are any issues.

I had an issue with mine so I contacted them via email. I had an email response within a few hours and a brand new replacement at my doorstep in two days.

For this quality and customer service, the price can't be beat.

Nexus 5 Case - Ringke SLIM Case [Free HD Film/Better Grip][SF BLACK] Premium Dual Coated Hard Case Cover for Google Nexus 5 - ECO Package
Offered by Rearth
Price: $25.00
3 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good case for the money. Able to wirelessly charge the Nexus-5 with this on!, November 8, 2013
This and the Spigen cases were the first two slim cases made available for immediate shipping upon release of the new Google Nexus 5.

From my personal usage, here are the pros and cons:

PROS
+ EXTREMELY Slim case. I don't think you could go slimmer than this without taking a hit on protection. The raised lip around the screen is meticulously raised just enough to hold the screen up when the phone is put face down. Same in the back for the camera area. At first glance I even wondered if it were raised at all to offer that protection. But it is, just not by much.
+ Phone can WIRELESSLY CHARGE WITH THIS CASE ON! This was huge for me. I am using the Qi-standard Nokia charger and it works perfectly with the phone with this case on.
+ Unlike the Spigen slim case (very similar) this one doesn't show smudges/fingerprints that easily (but due to its color, it will show SOME prints).

CONS
- The bottom does have a somewhat sharp edge but it isn't so sharp that it would cut your skin. At most you MAY feel discomfort if you're holding it at a certain angle; I had no issues.
- No screen protector. Again, I had my own so I didn't care, but if you are looking for a case that comes with in, this one isn't it.

OVERALL
>Depends on what you're looking for. If you want the SLIMMEST case available for the Nexus-5, go with this.
>If you're looking for a slim case (not necessarily the slimmest, but very close) that comes with an okay screen protector, go with the Spigen.
>Both this and the Spigen allow wireless charging with them on the Nexus-5, so that is a non-issue.

Nexus 5 Case, Spigen® [+Screen Film] [NON-SLIP GRIP / NEXUS 5 TEXTURE] Nexus 5 Case SLIM [Ultra Fit] [Black] *BETTER FIT* Japanese Screen Protector Included + Premium Hard Snap On Case with Non-Slip Surface and Excellent Grip - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Case for Nexus 5 - Smooth Black (SGP10560)
Offered by Spigen Inc
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good slim case with a lot more going for it than against it. Able to wirelessly charge the Nexus-5 with this on!, November 8, 2013
As one of the first few cases to be available in the market when Nexus 5 was released, this case isn't half bad. And for the price, I would definitely recommend it.

From my personal usage, here are the pros and cons:

PROS
+ Very accurate cut-outs; the two separate cut-outs for the camera and the LED flash were a nice touch and are spot on.
+ Slim case with raised lip for the front; screen never touches the surface when the phone is face-down.
+ It came with a screen protector. It's not the greatest screen protector and isn't fancy but it goes on smooth without air bubbles and has held its own over the past week of usage with the case. It too, however, like the case, shows fingerprints and smudges very easily.

CONS
- What the others say is true about the sharp edges at the bottom, however they aren't so sharp as to cause me any bodily harm, so I am fine with it. They do poke slightly if you hold the phone long enough.
- Due to the smooth material of the plastic, your case will be (mark my words) COVERED in your hand prints and smudges. They wipe right off with a wet piece of cloth and if you don't mind your phone having some fingerprints/smudges on it, this may not be a big deal to you anyway.

OVERALL
>For this price, this is a solid contender for your first Nexus-5 slim case. I would recommend it.
>If any of the cons sway your mind, there is another similar case by Ringke. While that one has sharp edges at the bottom as well, it doesn't show smudges/prints that easily. However that one doesn't come with a screen protector and that one is also a tad bit thinner (which could be a con or a pro depending how you look at it). Everything else for that is the same as this one.

Finley Home Turner Lift Top Coffee Table -, Espresso, Wood Top, 40 inches
Finley Home Turner Lift Top Coffee Table -, Espresso, Wood Top, 40 inches
Offered by PlumStruck
Price: $139.98
2 used & new from $112.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Good table for the price., February 4, 2013
For the price, you can't beat the value of this coffee table. I went to the brick-and-mortar furniture stores initially to look at some similar lift-top tables. I found a couple but the ones that matched this in construction and material quality were in the $300-$400 range. So based purely on that comparison, I think this is a great buy.

Size-wise, it's petite without being small. Due to its slender shape (legs) it won't necessarily "fill" the space in front of your couches very well (if your purpose is to make the furniture area look less spacious), but it looks good and is completely functional; haven't had any issues with the lift-top mechanism.

The compartment under the lift-top has a nice soft lining at the bottom for remotes/devices.

When the top is fully extended, be careful about leaning/putting your weight on the top; it will tip forward. That being said, it has no issues supporting itself with modest weight on the top. I had a laptop, plate of food, and a couple of books on it and it held up its balance just fine.

Poetic Atmosphere Case for Apple iPhone 5 / iPhone 5S (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon) (Clear/Gray)
Offered by LC Tech
Price: $8.84
8 used & new from $0.25

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price, you can't beat this iPhone 5 case, October 1, 2012
>>Original Review - October 1, 2012<<

Great slim design and craftsmanship. I really have nothing bad to say about this case.

For those who thought it was a tight fit: Put your iPhone's left side (front facing you) side in first, then squeeze in the other side. It fits perfectly, no issues.

I am using it with a Zagg case-friendly screen protector and the white iPhone 5. Uploading pics for your benefit now.

>>Updated Review - March 20, 2013<<

After daily usage of the phone with this case on, it is still going strong. It does have some minor signs of wear and tear (minor scratches on the frosted plastic surface on the back) but nothing that stands out. You have to LOOK for the scratches to see them, but this is mostly due to the nature of the plastic; since it is frosted, it hides marks very well.

The rubber around the edges appears to be holding up very well too. For those of you who have complained about there being no plastic support on the rubber piece beneath the home button: mine hasn't gotten loose or snapped off yet. So while that does look like a weak spot for the edge, it hasn't proved itself so, at least yet.

I was so impressed with this case that I decided to purchase a second white version of the same exact case from Poetic (since I have a white iPhone, as you can see in my picture). THAT was a HUGE mistake!!!

Not only was the quality of the white rubber around the edges of that one of inferior quality, it was visibly dirty and dark within a week of usage. I have since then immediately switched back to this one, and it still looks good.

Ironic though because both cases are by Poetic, but since this review is specifically for the Grey one, I can't justify taking any stars off; this particular one appears to be holding up very well.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2013 7:27 AM PST

SteelSeries Siberia V2 Full-Size USB Gaming Headset with Virtual Surround 7.1 Sound (Black)
Offered by Bargains AAA
Price: $79.99
104 used & new from $49.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic headset for PC gamers!, June 11, 2012
This review is for the Siberia V2 USB Gaming headset.

So you (the reader) can have a sense of reference for my review, let me start off by saying that I am a PC gamer and planned on using this headset primarily for that purpose alone.

As a gamer I am interested in the following:
1) Sound quality
2) Comfort
3) Directional sound
4) Design/construction of headset
5) Drivers/software

The games I wanted to use it for were: Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, Portal 2, and others (as I purchased/played them). That being said, I can not and will not cover any movies or music usage aspects of this headset in my review, since I am not an expert at those two at all.

I have recently tried out the Corsair Vengeance 1500 USB Headset as well (my review can be found on there too), and decided to go with the Steelseries V2 Siberia.

1) SOUND QUALITY = A
Really, really good. The virtual 7.1 surround sound (achievable with the included USB sound card) actually works! The 50mm drivers sound wonderful and are able to accurately reproduce everything from base-rich explosions to light footsteps.
I personally did not hear any background "hissing" sounds. And my mic quality was superb as well (verified with friends over Skype, in-game voice).

2) COMFORT = A
I really think THIS is where Steelseries has an edge over other similarly-priced headsets. Their design (although appearing flimsy) allows for an insanely comfortable fit. I do not have a very large head, nor do I have over-sized ears, but most of the other headsets were uncomfortable for me (the Corsair Vengeance felt like it was constantly squeezing my head). This is not so with these! I can wear them for hours and not feel ANY discomfort. While the leather ear pads are very comfortable, they affect the "breathability" aspect and it becomes somewhat warm around the ears after a long session of gaming. However, that is something that you'd have to deal with no matter which headset you get, if it has (p)leather cushions.

3) DIRECTIONAL SOUND = A
Great! As mentioned earlier, the 7.1 surround sound works very well with the included USB soundcard. There's even a nifty little test you can do from within the software, to test out the speaker placement. It allows you to literally see the sound direction it's playing for you on the monitor. It felt very accurate to me!
Secondly, I had no issues with sound direction whatsoever in the games I played.

4) DESIGN/CONSTRUCTION = A-
While I love the headset, its construction does appear to be a little flimsy. The top headband is a very thin cushioned strip that is connected via two paper-clip type strands to springs within the ear pieces.
The mic can be taken out or retracted into the ear-piece. This not only looks cool but is very very functional. This is by far my favorite feature on this headset! My only thing is, when the mic is pushed-in all the way, it still sticks out slightly (by less than a quarter of an inch, mind you). This leads me to believe that the winding mechanism inside the ear-piece isn't terribly precise. Which is fine because you can't really tell that mic is not fully retracted by merely a few millimeters, but it is an indicator of craftsmanship. At the end of the day, in my case at least, the headset is just going to be sitting on my desk if I'm not using it, so the "strong-enough construction" factor is really not that important.
Overall though, the design of the headset is very cool and it does look and feel phenomenal. The in-line controls are nothing fancy but completely functional and intuitive.

5) DRIVER/SOFTWARE = B+
The software isn't terribly intuitive but it does its job. It's got some cool features like the ability to turn 7.1 on/off with a click of a button and a surround sound test that lets you see on the screen the directional speakers that the headset is trying to imitate.
The driver shows the headset as a "USB PnP Sound Device", which is fine really for all intents and purposes, but it shows the amount of programing polish and time that went into the software side of things for this headset; they didn't bother to create fully-formed drivers that actually spelled-out the name of the device itself ("Steelseries Siberia V2 USB Headset").
Lastly, the accompanying software, again, lacks the polished look and feel that you'd expect from a popular audio device manufacturer. It looks more like something that a small start-up created for their new product. However, since it does its job, and does it well, the bells and whistles beyond that are really unnecessary anyway.

>>CONCLUSION: Awesome headset with no major issues in any arena. I would definitely recommend this if you're looking for a virtual 7.1 USB headset for PC gaming, for under $100. It's comfort and functionality really make it a contender with the higher-priced headsets too!

P.S. Contrary to most of the other low reviews on this product due to "Wrong product received", I received the exact headset outlined on this page and I actually got it within 1-day instead of 2 (thank you Amazon Prime)!

Corsair Vengeance 1500 USB Connector Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011112-WW)
Corsair Vengeance 1500 USB Connector Dolby 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011112-WW)
Offered by Eonline
Price: $169.99
5 used & new from $169.99

3.0 out of 5 stars One of the better headsets for the price, just a couple of issues, May 18, 2012
This review is for the Corsair Vengeance 1500 USB 7.1 Surround sound headset (not the 1100 or the 1300).
Corsair CA-9011112-WW Vengeance 1500 Dolby 7.1 USB Gaming Headset

This is an updated review after 2-3 weeks of continuous usage of the headset.

As a gamer I am interested in the following:
1) Sound quality
2) Comfort
3) Directional sound
4) Design/construction of headset
5) Drivers/software

1) SOUND QUALITY = A+
Exceptional. I did not think that a virtual 7.1 USB headset could sound so good, but it does. The 50mm drivers in each speaker do a heck of a job of pounding out deep explosions and light footsteps.

2) COMFORT = C-
Let me make this clear: Corsair has done everything they can on the headset itself to make it comfortable (padded top bridge, large comfortable over-the-ear pads) however the headset does tend to continuously squeeze the wearer's head. I do not have an exceptionally large head; a "Large" fitted hat is still very loose for me. However, even after wearing the headset every single day for 2-3 weeks, the headset still seemed to put pressure on either my jaw-line or the area behind my ears to my temples. To give credit where credit is due, the ear pads themselves are very comfortable and covered my ears completely without any pinching (then again, I have regular sized ears).

3) DIRECTIONAL SOUND = B-
If it weren't for this headset's issues with directional sound in some particular games, this grade would've been an "A". Basically the directional sound works, however in certain games (so far I have only experienced this in Battlefield 3) the directional/surround sound REVERSED on me! As in, when someone or something approached my on my left, I would hear it on the right.
Since BF3 was one of the main reasons I even bought this headset, this a huge negative for me.
Many other users have had the same exact issue with BF3 (you can go look on Corsair's forums).
To their credit, the Corsair forum folks have been responding to each query and collecting data to resolve the issue. Until resolved, this remains an issue with BF3 at least, to the best of my knowledge.

4) DESIGN/CONSTRUCTION = A-
For the price, this is definitely one of the better headsets in terms of design and construction. From the metallic finish to the precise clicking of the adjustable headband, Corsair has really put out a top-notch item. It looks and feels much more solid than pretty much all of its counterparts that, in most cases, cost twice as much!
That being said, I wish the volume controls were either on the headset themselves or further down/up the wire. They are at a location where the control box just hangs in your lap awkwardly. Also, while the red/blue LEDs are nice to indicate the "Muting" of your mic, it would've been nice to have a cut-out in the "+" and "-" volume symbols (so the LED light shines through and it's easier to see which is plus and which is minus).

5) DRIVER/SOFTWARE = B+
While you can download the driver/software and it does work accurately enough, it isn't terribly intuitive. However, it does give you enough control to be able to adjust and play with the sounds and surround sound enough to customize your experience with the Vengeance 1500. There is an EQ option for pretty much everything you'd like to use the headset for; I had it set to "FPS". The 3 surround sound modes of "Bypass", "D", "7.1 Virtual" are easy to set, however the choices themselves, when presented on-screen, don't tell you much about what the heck they mean. Of course, if you've done your homework on the headset, you may not even need any more clues.

>>CONCLUSION: Great headset with a few minor issues. If you do NOT play BF3 and have a smaller head, I would look no further - GET THIS HEADSET! For the price, you probably won't be able to find another that has all the above-mentioned features.
As for me, well it's not terribly comfortable on my head and I can't rely on it for BF3 (which I am currently playing), so I shall be returning it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2013 6:36 AM PDT

Propet Men's MPED25 Pedwalker 25 Walking Shoe
Propet Men's MPED25 Pedwalker 25 Walking Shoe
Price: $67.66 - $105.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable walking shoes, one HUGE drawback, December 9, 2011
I bought a pair of these in April 2011. As of November 2011 they are no longer usable for me. So they lasted me a total of 7 months.

If you go through your daily walking shoes once to twice per year, then don't bother reading the rest of this review; buy these. They are very comfortable and provide fantastic support for your feet.

If, however, you keep your daily walking shoes for longer than 6 months, then please read on.

First of all, let me expand on the good points:
-- I have never owned a pair of shoes that felt better on the feet. I work downtown and do a fair amount of walking every day. I usually put these on when I am headed to lunch or coming into (or leaving) work every weekday.
-- I have never had any foot aches or other issues with soreness as long as I have worn these. I hadn't been so lucky with any other shoes before this pair, so this was heaven-sent. That is, until...

Now onto the reason I couldn't wear them after only 7 months of use: VELCRO. Each shoe has a single strap on it that goes in through a hole one side and comes back around to fasten at the end via Velcro. After prolonged usage, the fluffy/soft side of the Velcro area starts giving away and the strap begins to lose its grip.

This became very annoying. Slowly, over time, as I'd be walking, the straps would come off (you would hear the signature Velcro ripping sound) and then your shoe would become incredibly loose and uncomfortable. Then eventually, as I neared the 7-month mark, the Velcro would disengage on both shoes as soon as I put them on and stood up. At this point I decided to be done with them and bough a new pair.

Two things about my experience:
1) I contacted Propet's customer support. They said their warranty is for 6-months or 1000 miles (how the heck do they gauge the latter?!), whichever comes first. And it only covers the sole of the shoe, not the strap or any other part. Wonderful. They told me I could "send in a picture of the shoe and file a claim" if I wanted to. Needless to say, I didn't bother. Plus, I didn't really want another pair of the same shoe. The issue is in its design, not some sort of quality measure that was overlooked in just my pair.

2) The shoe itself was VERY nice and comfortable. That's why to replace it, I did buy another Propet shoe model (Propet Men's M3851). This one is a slip-on and does not have laces or velcro. So I am hoping it lasts longer. I will review it at the 6-7 month mark just to be sure though.

So in other words, if you can spend a little more, get some other pair of walking shoes. I do recommend the Propet brand in itself (they specialize in walking shoes after all) and their other models. Get a model that either has laces or is a slip-on.

And if you don't want to spend more, then I am guessing you don't want shoes you'll have to replace in 6 months' time either. In that case, avoid these!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2013 12:24 PM PDT

Logitech G13 Programmable Gameboard with LCD Display
Logitech G13 Programmable Gameboard with LCD Display
Offered by Amazing Lightning Deals
Price: $56.24
85 used & new from $39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very intuitive and surprisingly feature-filled. Good software., December 9, 2011
This is my first gameboard/pad for the PC and I love it.

I am currently using it with Battlefield 3 and Mass Effect 2. I have thus far had no issues with the device.

For most games you can find profiles (key-mappings specific for that game) online that you can download and import via the software. I, however, just went ahead and created my own profiles (based on the included Default profile). It's a short and simple process to bind the keys to whatever function/key/macro/application-launch you want.

The driver/software can be downloaded from Logitech's website and comes in two flavors for Windows-7; one is the "current version" and one is the "legacy" older version.

The current version is very sleek and allows you to literally control every single aspect of the device from a very intuitive and cool application. The downside is that I ran into some bugs with it while playing BF3. For example: certain keys would lag when I pressed them and certain appeared to continue to do their function even though I tapped them once.

I then uninstalled the software and installed the "Legacy" older version from the Logitech website and voila! All is perfect. It is still nice and has the ability to use all the features of the device, but compared to the new version this "legacy" app doesn't look as sleek. It works just fine though and I am completely satisfied.

As for the actual device itself, I have had zero issues. Everything works as designed and works perfectly.

You can load mini-apps onto the device for usage on the LCD built into it. I use the LCD screen on the device for two apps; one that shows me my CPU/Memory usage and then one that allows me to switch profiles on the fly. You can run many other apps on the LCD screen; things like FRAPS and Windows Media Player. These mini apps are loaded onto the device via the Logitech software. The process is fairly easy and un-complex.

The device makes playing any Keyboard + Mouse game a hundred times better and easier. The customization is insane and the only downside is that you'll get so used to it that it'll be tough for you to every go back to the regular keyboard. Although, I doubt that you'll ever have to or need to.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3