Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for dredman1 > Reviews

Browse

dredman1's Profile

Customer Reviews: 78

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

dredman1 RSS Feed (Trinidad & Tobago)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Gorilla Automotive 73631T Toyota O.E. Wheel Locks With Washer (12mm x 1.50 Thread Size)
Price: $15.78
16 used & new from $9.53

4.0 out of 5 stars FIts 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, June 7, 2014
I was looking for wheel locks with a mag sear and washer base for my Lancer's 18" OEM wheels, and this fit perfectly.

This was one of the few wheel locks I was able to find that work with my wheels.

Sunshade for MITSUBISHI LANCER Sedan/Ralliart/Sportback 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 HEATSHIELD Windshield Custom-fit Sunshade #1144
Offered by PROTRIM INC
Price: $39.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Did not quite meet my expectations, June 7, 2014
I was looking at this for some time, and placed it in my cart after reading the mostly positive reviews. However I was still somewhat hesitant to buy it until I did some more research on the item (outside of Amazon).

Then a friend in the office bought one for her 2014 Hyundai Tucson, and she said she was happy with it. The shade was heavier and thicker than the regular universal accordion shades and, after checking it out, it seemed to fit her vehicle well except for the left and right ends which curled near the A-pillars, most likely due to it being constantly wrapped.
s
Nevertheless, I was impressed by the heavy duty feel of the product in my very brief hands-on exposure to it, and I figured the curling at the ends would straighten over time, so I went ahead and bought it for my 2008 Lancer, hoping for a perfect custom fitment. But my reviews on this item for my Lancer aren't all that great unfortunately, or at least not what I was expecting, since it doesn't FULLY protect my dashboard from the sun.

Top to bottom the shade fits the Lancer perfectly I must say. However the left and right sides are too short by about 3/4 inch on each side, and yes - this is with the both ends flattened out by hand pressed against the windscreen. I was expecting the ends to go right up to the A-pillar, and even so much as being able to tuck into the "crease" where the pillar meets the windscreen. But no such luck, as both my pillars are still fully exposed to the sun.

There's also a slight sag in the middle of the shade, as one other reviewer posted - and yes this is with both sun visors folded down to support it. The sag doesn't affect the top to bottom fitment, but you have to wonder if this will get worse with more time in the hot sun. It is nice and thick though, so it seems it would insulate well against the heat from direct sunlight.

Maybe I got a bad one that wasn't cut exactly right, but I had my expectations set pretty high with this marketed as a "custom-fit sunshade", especially given the price.

$10 PlayStation Store Gift Card - PS3/ PS4/ PS Vita [Digital Code]
$10 PlayStation Store Gift Card - PS3/ PS4/ PS Vita [Digital Code]
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, February 25, 2014
Didn't have to go to the store and the code arrived a short while after purchase.

Works perfectly! Go for it.

Anodized Pet ID Tags - Choose from Bone, Round, Heart, Hydrant, Paw, or Star Shapes - 9 Color Choices Available
Offered by Providence Engraving
Price: $3.80
2 used & new from $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't be beat for the price, February 25, 2014
It's not the best quality in terms of durability if you have a very active pet that plays rough and is always outdoors, but for the price you cannot expect better.
The seller got the text exactly as I wanted, in terms of both capitalization of words and which lines go where, and the tag is very light so it won't be a bother to your pet.
After a several weeks, however, there are minor scuffs and scratches on the face, and much more on the edges, so much so that the color has started to come off (I bought the round blue ones).
Nevertheless, the engraving is still very legible and doesn't seem like it will scratch off, and the blue color on the faces is still intact. The tag also hasn't fallen off the collar to which I affixed with the supplied ring.
There may certainly be better quality tags, but they are most certainly more expensive. In the meanwhile, this one does the job just fine for much less.

Stellar Labs 28-11104 6" Extension Cord with Flat Rotating Plug
Stellar Labs 28-11104 6" Extension Cord with Flat Rotating Plug
Offered by GoodCans by Listening Station
Price: $12.99
12 used & new from $6.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, January 25, 2014
If you're looking for a product like this, it's for a specific application, and I'd highly recommend this one.

It works perfectly, and seems very durable. The rotating plug allows for fitment in most, if not all, possible scenarios.

The only issue I had is that I thought it was somewhat expensive for what it is, but I needed this and found nothing else to fit what I needed it for.

1 star is missing for reasons of price only - the product itself is excellent quality and solved my issue.

Food Umbrella Umbrellas Set of 2 for Picnics and Outdoor Eating
Food Umbrella Umbrellas Set of 2 for Picnics and Outdoor Eating
Offered by URSHOPPE
Price: $4.99
3 used & new from $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, January 25, 2014
Works well and seems durable after a few weeks of use. The size is more than adequate for even large plates.

The only issue is the bottom edge of the netting sometimes folds slightly at the 4 corner points, leading to it raising a bit in the middle when resting on a hard, flat surface.

3.5 star rating from me.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Recipient loved it, January 25, 2014
This was a gift for a friend who said they loved it. Although I can't give any actual feedback on its performance, its mission was accomplished and it was a successful purchase!

Fosmon DURA FRO SLIM-Fit Case Flexible TPU Cover for Nokia Lumia 1020 / EOS / 909 (Black)
Offered by SF Planet
Price: $4.99
2 used & new from $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 stars, January 25, 2014
Very happy with this case. One if the main features I wanted in looking for a 1020 case was protection for the camera.
Initially tried the Poetic Atmosphere case as it was one of the few with a "lip" protector for the camera bulge, but the case added a fair bit of bulk to the phone (as it was a hard polyurethane case). This case was also the only case I found that protects the camera bulge AND has a lip protector for the front screen.

This case covers the camera bulge fully (except exact cut outs for the lens and flash), lending a more secure feeling (at least for me anyway). The flexible TPU material is soft enough to cushion minor falls but hard enough to protect from impacts. It does not attract fuzz from your clothes and slides in and out of your pocket easily.

It adds very minimal bulk and, apart from the contrasting logo, looks like the phone is without a case. The price is right as well at $4 with free shipping.

I took off a half star since the edge of front lip sometimes catches my screen protector and raises it, causing bubbles on the edge, but I suspect if I find a screen protector that is just slightly smaller it would be no problem. I don't think this is really a fault of the case if you want a front lip, given the wrap around design of the 1020's display.

Philips 818655 Imageo CandleLight
Philips 818655 Imageo CandleLight
Price: $56.00
6 used & new from $51.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, June 2, 2013
This was a gift for a friend, and she LOVED it. She's very much a candle and tealight person, so this was right up her alley. Her words were "very elegant" and "realistic".

I had a look at them before wrapping and concur with her impressions. The frosted glass lends these lights a classy finish.

New 2.5" HD Car LED IR Vehicle DVR Road Dash Video Camera Recorder Traffic Dashboard Camcorder - LCD 270° whirl 6 LED Recorder Camera
Offered by Shenzhen Guoran You Co.,Limited
Price: $14.48
9 used & new from $6.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the price, but bulky not HD quality, June 2, 2013
PROS:
Decent price, sturdy mount, power cable is long enough to route around the windscreen and behing the A-pillar panel, comes with all accessories.

CONS:
It's bulky, so there are major limitations to where you can mount it. It can be very distracting or may block your view of things on the road if you don't pay attention. While the mount will fit behind the rearview mirror or behind the sun visors, the camera hanging from it will not. This is a major issue for me. Dash cams are supposed to be inconspicuous, but this one is VERY large.

It's not HD quality, even though it says it is. In fact at it's highest setting, the image quality is quite grainy, even in the day.

Infrared is useless at night looking out the glass - it reflects off the windscreen and blinds the camera

My LCD screen had a couple lines on it, like when you depress an LCD panel with your finger, even when it's off.

It has a VERY narrow field of view - only about 90 degrees even at it's widest setting. The specs say 120 degrees but it is definitely not that wide. If you mount on the windscreen, you won't see very far to the left or right. This is my biggest complaint with it.

Given the limited variety of affordable dashboard cameras in and around the $50 range on Amazon, you could do worse than this one. However, you can find a MUCH greater variety and better quality dashboard cameras in this price range on Ebay.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8