Profile for dredman1 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 69

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

dredman1 RSS Feed (Trinidad & Tobago)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
New 2.5" HD Car LED IR Vehicle DVR Road Dash Video Camera Recorder Traffic Dashboard Camcorder - LCD 270° whirl 6 LED Recorder Camera
Offered by Niceshopping
Price: $16.98
14 used & new from $8.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent for the price, but bulky not HD quality, June 2, 2013
PROS:
Decent price, sturdy mount, power cable is long enough to route around the windscreen and behing the A-pillar panel, comes with all accessories.

CONS:
It's bulky, so there are major limitations to where you can mount it. It can be very distracting or may block your view of things on the road if you don't pay attention. While the mount will fit behind the rearview mirror or behind the sun visors, the camera hanging from it will not. This is a major issue for me. Dash cams are supposed to be inconspicuous, but this one is VERY large.

It's not HD quality, even though it says it is. In fact at it's highest setting, the image quality is quite grainy, even in the day.

Infrared is useless at night looking out the glass - it reflects off the windscreen and blinds the camera

My LCD screen had a couple lines on it, like when you depress an LCD panel with your finger, even when it's off.

It has a VERY narrow field of view - only about 90 degrees even at it's widest setting. The specs say 120 degrees but it is definitely not that wide. If you mount on the windscreen, you won't see very far to the left or right. This is my biggest complaint with it.

Given the limited variety of affordable dashboard cameras in and around the $50 range on Amazon, you could do worse than this one. However, you can find a MUCH greater variety and better quality dashboard cameras in this price range on Ebay.

Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter System Replacement Filters, White, 2 Count
Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter System Replacement Filters, White, 2 Count
Price: $23.99
11 used & new from $23.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value replacement filters, June 2, 2013
You'd be hard pressed to find these replacement filters elsewhere for a cheaper price.
The only issue for me is of recent they don't last very long, but that's probably more the result of the quality of my water rather than any issues with the filter. I know it works because the water tastes great.

BlueRigger High Speed Micro HDMI to HDMI cable with Ethernet (6 Feet)
BlueRigger High Speed Micro HDMI to HDMI cable with Ethernet (6 Feet)
Offered by BlueRigger
Price: $14.99
13 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't be beat for the price, June 2, 2013
Excellent, heavy duty quality. Gold plated and thick insulation belies its bargain price. Works just as well as more expensive cables.

myGear Products ANTI-FINGERPRINT RashGuard Screen Protectors for iPad 2 & The new iPad 3 3rd Generation (3 Pack)
Offered by myGearStore
Price: $10.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than average, May 1, 2013
Most screen protectors are alike in quality, and this one is no different.

I must say that, while not being any easier to apply than others I've tried before, I actually managed to end up applying this screen protector to my wife's iPad without any air bubbles in the end. A miracle I must say, although I had to work on "squeegeeing" out the bubbles that initially appeared out to the edges of the screen. It wasn't difficult though - just took some time.

Most of the credit for this miracle goes to the sticky tape which came with the package, which came in VERY helpful (first time I got that gem of a helper with one of my many screen protector purchases). Just follow the instructions and most importantly take your time, and you should end up with a good install.

And for the price, you get 3 in the package. I'll definitely look at getting this particular screen protector again.

Planet Bike Men's A.R.S. Anatomic Relief Bicycle Saddle (Black/Black)
Planet Bike Men's A.R.S. Anatomic Relief Bicycle Saddle (Black/Black)
Offered by BargainBuysNYC
Price: $27.64
41 used & new from $27.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite pleased with this seat., April 30, 2013
I bought this seat for 2 reasons.

First was to provide some extra cushioning compared to the brick of a seat my Trek came with. It was much better, but still a tad stiff, so it's not perfect in this regard.

Secondly, and the MAIN reason I got this seat, was to address the numbness in "that area" everyone is talking about in the other reviews. That issue was a major turnoff to me using my bike, so fixing that was imperative. I admit I was skeptical it would actually work, especially given some of the reviews here, but given the relatively cheap price and the fact it actually looks softer than my current seat, I decided to give it a try.

The outcome - this seat worked VERY well in solving the numbness issue, although not completely. I'd say easily an 85-90% improvement, so for the price, I can't complain, and I look forward to riding MUCH more now than before.

4 out of 5 stars since it doesn't completely eliminate the problem, and it is still a bit too hard for my liking, but I'd DEFINITELY recommend this as an option if you're looking to reduce the "numbness issue in that area" problem.

NEW Li-ion Battery for HP/Compaq HSTNN-LB73 hstnn-db73 462889-761 484170-001 485041-002 HSTNN-LB79 ev06047 ev06055 hstnn-c51c hstnn-ib72 hstnn-ub72 hstnn-ub73 hstnn-w50c
Offered by GOOD TIME
Price: $10.99
52 used & new from $5.84

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic generic replacement battery, April 12, 2013
I bought this to replace the OEM battery on my 3+ year old HP G60 laptop which finally gave out a week before. I was looking at one of these cheaper generic no name batteries, or the popular Anker brand version of this battery in the link below, which has LOTS of great reviews but is almost twice the price.

The fit of this was decent, although it did not have the final "click" when putting in the OEM battery - I had to manually force close the battery clip with this generic one. It has not fallen out yet as some other reviews have mentioned.

After following the enclosed instructions to fully charge for 6-8 hours before use, I tested it to see how long it would last. In just over 1.5 hours it went from 100% to 17%. This however was with a twin fan laptop cooler hooked up, so I guess this was to be expected. Only thing now is to see how long it lasts before needing replacement.

I should point out I only brought this cheap brand as I intend to replace/upgrade my old laptop very soon to a current model. As such, I didn't see the sense in spending the extra for the Anker.

However, I've tried several of Anker's battery products (their "lipstick" and 8400mAh external battery packs, and replacement Samsung Galaxy S3 batteries) based on their good reviews, and they're all excellent quality. Based on that experience, and if my laptop was a much newer laptop, or I was intending to keep it for at least a couple more years, I would have definitely gone with the Anker without question.

This particular generic battery though gets at least a solid 3.5 star rating.

Dremel 709-01 110 pc Super Accessory Kit
Dremel 709-01 110 pc Super Accessory Kit
Offered by TEXASVALUEONLINE
Price: $26.38
43 used & new from $17.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, January 21, 2013
Can't beat the amount of different fittings you get in this for the price. Genuine Dremel brand too!!!

No regrets at all and highly recommended of you have a Dremel.

Griot's Garage 15736 Long Reach Wheel Brush - Set of 3
Griot's Garage 15736 Long Reach Wheel Brush - Set of 3
Price: $13.99
2 used & new from $13.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work for me and my style of wheel, January 21, 2013
My wheels have large openings between the spokes, so I guess I didn't think out my purchase properly when buying this.

If you have smaller openings it may suit you, but for me it just doesn't cover enough "real estate" for the work I have to do when I use it.

Detailer's Choice 6335JS Deluxe Wheel Detail with Scrubber Brush
Detailer's Choice 6335JS Deluxe Wheel Detail with Scrubber Brush
Price: $4.40

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, but bad packaging ruined it, January 21, 2013
I think this brush is very well padded, but it was forced into a box almost too small for it when it was shipped.

As such, the grey "scrubbing" part of the brush was pushed to one side at the tip, exposing the spine of the brush. Pushing it back didn't straighten it out, so I'm worried about using it .

I would have maybe given it 4 stars if this weren't the case.

Large Wire Wheel Spoke Brush
Large Wire Wheel Spoke Brush
Offered by Tool Deals
Price: $12.49
4 used & new from $12.40

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well but could scrape your wheels, January 21, 2013
This review is from: Large Wire Wheel Spoke Brush
This brush cleans well and is large enough to easily clean wider wheels like 8 or 9inches wide.
However, the downside is that the tip of the brush has the metal spine exposed and, if you're not careful, can damage the finish of your precious wheel if you're not careful when about to put it between the spokes.
You can't really tell that from the pictures, and it may seem minor, but it takes a lot of thought each time you're about to clean your wheel to remember to be extra careful using it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7