Profile for Tara > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tara RSS Feed

The Sims 3 Deluxe [Download]
The Sims 3 Deluxe [Download]

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloodshot eyes means I'm a happy customer!, September 28, 2011
I almost decided to get the regular Sims 3, no expansions, because it was about fifteen dollars cheaper. I ended up figuring, why not get the deluxe, I'm getting a discount on an expansion pack so what the heck. TOTALLY WORTH IT. One, before this, I played Sims 3 console on my xbox. I thought it was amazing then, but it's so much better now! No ridiculous loading screens. Free roam of the town! It's awesome. It's got so many more perks on the PC, since it's made to be played on the PC. Don't even get me started on the expansion pack, ambitions. The extra careers and objects (furniture, clothes, hairdos) are so worth the extra money! Can't stop playing it, but I do have other things to do. Always makes me sad to leave my smith family behind. I've only tried one new career so far - stylist. Can't wait to try the others !

Neewer 2.4G DPI Wireless USB Optical Mouse with Mini Receiver for Laptop Notebook, Gray
Offered by Bundred & Thick
Price: $9.95
14 used & new from $4.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent mouse for the price, does what I want., September 28, 2011
Pros -

-It's cheap. Seven dollars, not bad quality.
-Sensor light lets you know when it's on, that's convenient.
-Portable. But so is every other wireless mouse.
-Very slim. I like it, because I'm used to a big clunky mouse and this is new refreshing taste.
-Area at the back of mouse to put USB in when the mouse isn't in use. It's a nice touch.
-Works very well. Never sticks, scroll works fine, left/right clickers work perfectly.

Cons -

-I don't know what the heck that dpi button is for. I don't ever use it. I don't need it. But it's not really in the way so no biggie. Plus I'm kind of technologically slow.
-The USB is really small, and so it's kinda of hard to get out of my laptop. Yesterday I spent a good two minutes trying to wiggle it out. Since it's so small, it hurt my fingers to try to yank it out. I did get it out though!
-Battery is also hard to get out out of the mouse when you want to change batteries. I don't have fingernails so it's really touch, usually have to get something to pry it out.

If you're not using a mouse at all times for a laptop, then I recommend it. It's nice, decent quality, and inexpensive. If you're going to just occasionally use it but mostly use your touchpad on your laptop, then it's fine. But don't get it if it's all you're going to use. In that case, invest in something of better quality for a bit more money.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2013 1:59 PM PDT

HP ProBook 4530s XU015UT 15.6" LED Notebook (2.1 GHz Intel Core i3-2310M Dual-Core Processor, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB Hard Drive, DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL LightScribe, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit)
Offered by Swift Distribution
Price: $639.99
3 used & new from $499.97

5.0 out of 5 stars So happy with my purchase!, September 28, 2011
Pros -

-It's very fast. Even with all the 'bloatware.'
-It's gorgeous. It may seem kinda plain, but I love the finish on it. I thought I wanted a laptop with color, but this is perfect!
-The keypad seems very sturdy. and it has a number pad.... so very good for anyone who crunches numbers.
-It's an average laptop size, not too large, not too small. Perfect. I noticed complaints about it being heavy, I must disagree. I carry it under one arm from room to room and even upstairs/downstairs and I don't really notice the weight, so I think it's quite portable.
-Fingerswipe... it's just awesome, c'mon.
-The placement of the touchpad is ideal for me, even being a right handed person. I don't like the centered ones, so this is awesome.
-Windows 7. :D
-PRICE. Amazing quality for about $475. Cheap laptop, yet obviously not cheaply made. Very very good quality, totally recommend this laptop.

Cons -

-Sound quality is eh. I don't notice most of the time, but there are points where it's just too quiet and I can tell it's not great quality. For the most part, I don't notice though. :)
-IE. Get rid of it, and download google chrome.
-Touchpad. Sometimes it doesn't work correctly. Random expands/shrinks of the screen. Not a big problem, but enough for me to recommend getting a wireless mouse just for occasional use. Most of the time, I don't bother with a mouse unless the touchpad is really being a bother.
-Sometimes the start-up screen takes a bit longer to load, I'm patient so it doesn't bother me. I'm not sure if this is a frequent occurrence for everyone or maybe just because of certain things I've downloaded? No idea, but it's not a big hindrance. It still loads quicker than the desktop comp I used to use. So I'm happy with it :)

If you're on a budget, and need a laptop, GET THIS! It's totally worth it. Even if you're not a budget, this laptop could definitely be for you. It's super user friendly and I just love it!