Profile for Sameer Pai > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sameer Pai RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Tiffen 67mm Neutral Density 0.9 Filter
Tiffen 67mm Neutral Density 0.9 Filter
Price: $13.99
7 used & new from $12.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok at the very best., March 12, 2012
I bought this product last year to use in long exposure photography during daylight hours. My negative review of this product is not in relation to the amount of light it reduces, it does that just fine and as advertised, but more in the quality of images that can be taken with this filter over the lens. To put it bluntly, it sucks. The clarity goes WAY down and the contrast goes way down.

On the plus side, it does fit my 67mm lens perfectly and comes with a nice case with which to carry it in. That said, the nice case it came with is where it will stay from now until the end of time.

If you are after taking some nice long exposure shots in the day, look elsewhere. If you are a soccer mom dSLR owner, then this is your ND filter.

Milwaukee 49-22-1560 1/4-Inch Chuck Attachment
Milwaukee 49-22-1560 1/4-Inch Chuck Attachment
Offered by Buy Plumbing
Price: $18.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, solidly built., June 6, 2011
I am partial to Milwaukee tool since I went to school in Milwaukee and know a bunch of people who work there. I bought this adaptor for my drill since it's a hex chuck only. This adaptor is solidly built and feels like it'll last forever, just like the brand name would imply. I'm not sure what else to say since I am completely satisfied with this purchase and feel like I will have this tool for a long long time.

I only wish it were a keyless chuck but beggars can't be choosers right?

SE 3 Pc. Power Extension Socket Bits for Drills
SE 3 Pc. Power Extension Socket Bits for Drills
Offered by hobbytoolsupply
Price: $4.64
24 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Work great, not the best quality., June 6, 2011
I didn't buy these expecting the best quality out there and I wasn't surprised at all. I got them for use with my impact driver/drill in order to drive/remove nuts and bolts around the house as well as on my car. For this purpose, they work great. I have yet to find a single fault in their operation during this useage. With that said, I am the occasional weekend warrior and DIY mechanic who doesn't use this stuff every day. If you are the type of person who does this for a living or even uses your tools daily at home, please look elsewhere for something more robust. But if you're like me and would only use this once a month or so, look no further as these are your tools.

Belkin Conserve Socket with Energy Saving Outlet
Belkin Conserve Socket with Energy Saving Outlet
3 used & new from $56.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, one hiccup though..., June 6, 2011
I bought this strip to use on my computer because I found out that all the accessories remain running even after the computer turns off. The premise of this product is that you plug in a "master" device (computer in my case) into the master socket and all the accessories into the other "slave" sockets. Two sockets remain that are not governed by the master and remain powered all the time. The slave sockets are powered down within 30 seconds of the master device being powered down. And powered down meaning disconnected entirely, you can even hear the switch trigger inside the device. I found, through some work with the Kill-A-Watt and some nifty math, that this product will save me $5 a month in electricity on my computer alone. That's well worth it to me.

One small issues though, it's not the easiest thing to calibrate. I'm not sure what's wrong with mine but it sometimes loses it's memory and fails to shut off all the accesories that are plugged in. When this happens, you have to physically unplug the power strip from the wall for 2 minutes and plug it back in to recalibrate it. It's not like it happens every time but it is pretty annoying.

Other than this little issue, it works great and I really would recommend this to someone looking for an easy way to save some money and save the planet easily.

Hamilton Beach 33967 Set 'n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker, Silver
Hamilton Beach 33967 Set 'n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker, Silver
Offered by UNPLUGGED
Price: $58.56
10 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The Caddy of crock pots., June 6, 2011
I bought this crock pot because our old one was on the way out and I like fancy new toys.

First thoughts were that this thing is HUGE. It was easily double the size of our old one. It has all kinds of nifty buttons and wires on it to make it look cool, but they are all functional.

First use impressions were that it works very well. Although that's only for large pots of food. If you don't fill it up all the way, it cooks stuff rather quickly rather than...you know...slowly like the name implies. I also wish that the thermometer probe was a little bit longer so as to go deeper into cuts of meat that you are cooking. With that said, it does work quite well when you have it filled up properly.

Final thoughts. There is no reason that you need to have a crock pot this complicated, but there's also no reason you shouldn't. It's easy to use and the set and forget function is great to have. The temperature probe works great for properly cooking meat and the sealed lid is great for transporting this thing without any spills or leaks. There's even a small notch to mount your spoon on the go. I would recommend getting this one to anyone who needs a rather large crock pot for their everyday use.

Kingston 4 GB Class 4 SDHC Flash Memory Card SD4/4GB
Kingston 4 GB Class 4 SDHC Flash Memory Card SD4/4GB
Offered by eTECH
Price: Click here to see our price
91 used & new from $0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, good brand reputation..., June 6, 2011
My fiance got a new camera in order to upgrade from her Sony and needed an SD card to go with this. After the store (brick and mortar store) tried to rip us off with selling us a $40 memory card, we made our way on over here to find this little gem.

First thoughts upon opening the package was "great, stupid blister packaging, this will be a challenge..." And it was...I hate hate hate that stuff so very much. After managing to get the stupid packaging open, the card feels like it's very good quality and fits perfectly in all slots that we tried.

Initial use of the product gave us a good feeling about how well it works. Transfer speeds are quick but not mind blowing. This card is perfectly at home in a point and shoot digital camera, but not so sure about in a camcorder. We bought the 4GB one and that has been more than enough for use on a digital camera. We get about 400 shots out of a 16MP camera.

Final thoughts are that this is a great product and at $7, I don't think I would have bought any other. I would highly recommend this memory card to anyone with a simple point and shoot camera for every day use.

AmazonBasics  Mouse Pad - Black
AmazonBasics Mouse Pad - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a mouse pad, what more can you ask?, June 6, 2011
There's obviously not a whole lot to the functionality of this product. It's a mouse pad and for that it works absolutely as promised. The product is well made and works perfectly with my laser mouse. On top of all of that, it comes in frustration free packaging which is an absolute god send. I would highly recommend this over most other over priced mouse pads. Anyone claiming to have a "gaming" mouse pad is seriously kidding themselves, this is where it's at.

Neiko 01407A Stanless Steel 6-Inch Digital Caliper with Extra-Large LCD Screen and Instant SAE-Metric Conversion
Offered by eToolscity
Price: $16.95
16 used & new from $12.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great for what it is..., June 6, 2011
I got this set of calipers to use on my car for checking things like brake pad width and tire tread depth. For these things it works great. I'm not so sure that I would trust it for a whole lot more than that though. Because I work as an engineer in the medical device industry, we use the highest quality calipers on a daily basis. With that said, I can assure you that these are not the highest quality calipers around. But, for the price they are great. I give these calipers 3 stars simply because of the quality. If you are just going to use them for the same things I use them for, they will be more than perfect for you. If you need to make more critical measurements, please look elsewhere. At this price point though, I'm not so sure it gets a whole lot better than these...

Culligan RDSH-C115 RainDisc Showerhead with Filter, Chrome Finish
Culligan RDSH-C115 RainDisc Showerhead with Filter, Chrome Finish
Price: $28.49
24 used & new from $24.79

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG this is awesome!, June 6, 2011
The water in our new apartment building is awful. Very hard, lots of crud in it and it makes a mess of things. My fiance would complain that her head itched after every shower because of the bad water. We bought a very handy pitcher to filter our drinking water but there wasn't anything that would take care of the shower water...until I came across this product. I found it on a lightning deal on Amazon and thought I'd give it a shot, for $20 what's the worst that could happen. It turns out it was probably the best $20 I've spent on here. Not only is the water clean and fresh (no more complaints about itchy scalp) but standing in it is like standing in a pleasant downpour of rain. I probably spend more time in the shower because of this. It is safe to say that this shower head is coming with us whereever we move to in the future no questions asked. I can't give enough praise for this. I also, however, can't vouch for how long the filter lasts but I can tell you it's longer than 3 weeks... And with filters rated for 6 months (I bet it'll be more like 3 months) and costing only $12, it's well worth it.

If you need something to improve your hard water shower situation either in your home or apartment, look no further. This is your shower head.

CST/berger 77-188 S2 Laser Level Square
CST/berger 77-188 S2 Laser Level Square

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great! ...with a catch..., June 6, 2011
This product works just as advertised. The laser is easy to align and makes it easy to hang stuff on the wall or whatever you need to work with. The only thing I would caution is that the sticky stuff used to hold it to the wall doesn't work. It will hold it there for about 20 seconds before this thing comes crashing down onto whatever is below it. Find a buddy/wife/child/robot to hold it up and you're good to go. For the price, it certainly can't be beat but the sticky stuff loses a star for this product. Other than that, it works great!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3