Profile for Sachbvn > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sachbvn RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking quality boot, March 2, 2007
I owned a pair of Amana Military Spec. Jungle boots that lasted me years and years, in fact I still own and wear them occasionally. I needed a new pair and really liked the way the boots looked and needed something besides a "jump boot sole". These are the perfect boot for me. They need broken in obviously but the leather seems in great condition and very plyable. In time these boots will feel better on, than off! The price seems a little high, but honestly, if you want a pair of good, quality boots - spend the money. I have purchased cheaper boots that were nothing but crap, spend the money and get a quality pair!

Platoon - 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition (Widescreen)
Platoon - 20th Anniversary Collector's Edition (Widescreen)
DVD ~ Charlie Sheen
Offered by Web's Best Deals
Price: $10.99
53 used & new from $1.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Platoon, March 2, 2007
I love the movie Platoon. It is probably my favorite Vietnam War-era movie. I have one question though....

If you look very closes at the ID tags (dog tags) on the front cover of the movie, it gives Sgt. Elias's name and information on them, but it also lists "USMC" standing for United States Marine Corps I assume, but the 25th Infantry Division is an Army division out of Hawaii. Just a little tid bit, that is the only "branch" conflict I have found in the movie, doesn't take away from the movie at all - in fact it was probably added when they released the "special addition"
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2007 2:09 PM PDT

Black Diamond Lunar Headlamp
Black Diamond Lunar Headlamp

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems ok...., March 1, 2007
I've not camped with this head lamp yet, however it seems decent.

Pros:

Only $20

Adjustable light (pivots up or down for directional lighting)

Has a "three strap" mounting system not just a head band that goes from your forehead to the back of your head

decent light output

AA batteries

Cons:

Could be brighter

now sure yet how far the light projects, I think the description is a little over zelous.

Overall I believe worth the money for an "every once in a while" use or camper.

Timex Men's T18581 Camper Watch (Black)
Timex Men's T18581 Camper Watch (Black)
Price: $26.00
20 used & new from $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, February 28, 2007
I love this watch. Yes, it does have a loud "tick" but nothing that would keep me up at night. It has an awesome display, seems pretty rugged, and was only $20!! The watch band is comfortable and the whole watch in general just has a very nice styling!

Coleman Folding Shovel
Coleman Folding Shovel
Price: $9.97
13 used & new from $8.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent shovel, February 28, 2007
I doubt by any means this is "military issue grade" however, it is only $7!!! I mean, for 7 bucks, it's worth it. I bought it for light camping use, cleaning out fire pits, and in the event that I might need it for emergency type situations. It will hold up a corner of a "hooch" just fine also. If I was buything this with the thought of digging an entire fox hole for two people.... I would buy a better shovel. Bottom line, it's a decent shovel with an enamel/type finish that seems fairly durable.

Buck 889BK Black SBMF TM Military Folder, Liner Lock Folding Knife
Buck 889BK Black SBMF TM Military Folder, Liner Lock Folding Knife

5.0 out of 5 stars A great, heavy duty, solid knife from Buck!, February 15, 2007
Right out of the box this knife is very apparent that it will be able to with stand great amounts of abuse and ware. It has a very solid, heavy feel to it. The knife was very sharp out of the box, and because of the thickness of the blade I am sure will sharpen very nicely. I like the manner in which the clip is attached to the knife. The black oxide coating will help prevent rust, but if it should ever happen to rust Buck replaces it for free. I have never had to return a knife to Buck but I know that if I needed to they would stand by their guarantee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems great, January 30, 2007
I haven't used this product yet, though I have put it into the Nalgene 32oz wide mouth bottle and the fit is great. It is a nice tight fit, these are pretty inexpensive and I think they will make hydrating while walking much more spill proof. They fit it tight and pop out easy for refilling the bottle.

Inova X03MT-WB X03 Lithium Powered Flashlight with 5.8-Watt LED, Black
Inova X03MT-WB X03 Lithium Powered Flashlight with 5.8-Watt LED, Black
3 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome flashlight!, January 4, 2007
I've never owned an LED flashlight. I've always stuck with the trusted Maglite. I know they make an LED model and conversion kits now, but I wanted a smalled flashlight for hiking and to keep in my car's center console. This is it!! Despite the previous review I couldn't help but to shine the light towards my eyes for just a second.... yeah, it's blinding. Great light, looks and feels great, nice feel in your hand. Feels just as, or stronger, than a Maglite.

UPDATE***

I, too, had a problem with the tail piece of the flashlight, but I spoke with a VERY friendly customer service person and received a FREE replacement tail piece in the mail, I paid no shipping and didn't have to send the flashlight in for inspection. Awesome customer service!

Rothco G.I. Style Combat Boots
Rothco G.I. Style Combat Boots
Price: $51.49 - $67.36

1.0 out of 5 stars Total crap boots!, January 4, 2007
I thought I was going to save a few bucks and buy my next Combat Boots from Amazon to get the cheapest price. The seller was totally fine, however the boots were total crap. The leather was unbelievably stiff and hard, so I thought I would just use a ton of leather conditioner... about 15 applications and I don't think it made a difference. I put the boots on to try and "break them in" - lost cause there, but in addition, nearly half the eyelets came right out of the lether, first or second time trying the boots on. I would have returned the, except I had shined and polished, and oiled the boots so much. Don't buy, stick with Altama or another Military Issue brand boot. I am sticking with my Altama pair I have had for 7 years!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 25, 2011 7:54 AM PDT

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price, good bag!, January 4, 2007
This bag is everything it's described to be. The seller (despite some negative feedback) worked great for me, no complaints there. My only complaint about the bag is that... the soft part of the Velcro that the "hook" part sticks to is a little high on the front pockets... so when the flap is down it doesn't really catch any of the Velcro and doesn't stick shut. The flap is long enough you wouldn't have to have the Velcro, but I will probably end up sewing a couple extra pieces of Velcro a little lower on the bag. Overall, I would order it again!

Page: 1 | 2