Profile for Jean > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jean RSS Feed (Spokane, WA)

The Once and Future Gardener: Garden Writing from the Golden Age of Magazines, 1900-1940
by Virginia Tuttle Clayton
Price: $36.08
112 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Understanding 1920's Gardens and Design, March 27, 2011
I bought this book (great price!) hoping that I could get some idea of how to plan a new garden/yard around my 1927 house (which I am restoring). This book more than met my hopes and expectations. I now feel confident to move ahead with borders and flower beds that will look like they would have if I had been here in 1927 and planned the perfect yard for this wond4erful little house. I got this book used and the price was incredibly low! What a buy, what a wonderful book of beautiful writing, what a great resource as I continue to plan and plant!

The Apple Grower: A Guide for the Organic Orchardist
The Apple Grower: A Guide for the Organic Orchardist
by Michael Phillips
Price: $27.69
43 used & new from $21.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Help from The Apple Grower, March 23, 2010
This book offers a multitude of do-able, reasonable ways to grow apples organically without going totally nuts. I will be trying several of the ideas this year and hope/plan to outwit the apple maggots and codling moths. Besides being a great one-place source of info, The Apple Grower is beautifully and sensitively written--a nice read along with the suggested procedures.