Profile for Aviva Gutin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Aviva Gutin RSS Feed (New Jersey)

Runaways (Original Broadway Cast)
Runaways (Original Broadway Cast)
10 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank goodness it's finally on CD, June 7, 2003
A phenomenal soundtrack - listen for young Josie Guzman, later to become a star in the "Guys and Dolls" revival. I was involved with a community theater production of this musical at age 15, and I've been listening to a bad tape of a warped record for more than a decade. I couldn't be more thrilled to finally own it on CD!!

The Monster at the End of This Book (Jellybean Books(R))
The Monster at the End of This Book (Jellybean Books(R))
by Jon Stone
52 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU NEED THIS BOOK!!, July 16, 2001
No matter what age you are, this is the FUNNIEST CHILDREN'S BOOK IN EXISTENCE!! BUY IT NOW!!

We All Sing with the Same Voice
We All Sing with the Same Voice
by J. Philip Miller
Price: $14.04
99 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful, wonderful book, but disappointing CD!, June 28, 2001
As an early childhood educator, I was dying to get this book and have a good recording of the Sesame Street segment that this book is based on (and literally one of my favorite songs of all time). The book was fabulous. Unfortunately, the CD does not contain the original recording, on which one gender-unknown child sings all the lyrics as the faces change, thereby reinforcing the message of similarity. The recording from the book lacks any of the charm of the original. Oh well! I guess I'll have to tape it off my TV.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2008 8:11 PM PST

It's So Amazing!: A Book about Eggs, Sperm, Birth, Babies, and Families (The Family Library)
by Robie H. Harris
97 used & new from $0.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight talk with plenty of humor, June 28, 2001
The best part about this book is the organization; it's easy to skip around and address the speifics that your child has questions about. The beginning parts are a perfect introduction to "How babies are made," and acknowledges all the mixed feelings kids might have on the subject. It's a good book to leave around for your child to "find"; kids have an idea of what they're ready to deal with. (As a 13-year-old, I picked up my parents' copy of "The Joy of Sex" and quickly put it away because I wasn't ready for that!) I like "It's so Amazing" better than "It's Perfectly Normal" (acknowledging that you will need a more advanced book for your older children to "discover"); "Normal" is thorough about anything a preteen could possibly want to know; unfortunately, some of the pertinent info you have to discover by accident while reading other sections of the book. Also, "Normal" equates having a crush with "sexual attraction" - I'm not comfortable with that assumption. Note: "Amazing" is not a sufficient resource for your reaching-puberty boy or girl; you should have a boy-or-girl-specific book for that 9-12 age. I'll be on the lookout for a knockout book for graduates of "It's So Amazing!" Maybe we need a really advanced teenage book that tells it all about contraception, bodies, and sexual risks in a way a 9th grader can relate to - after that it may be too late!