Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Scarletaka > Reviews

Browse

Scarletaka's Profile

Customer Reviews: 146

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Scarletaka "Stacey" RSS Feed (United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
The Sims Bustin' Out (Prima's Official Strategy Guide)
The Sims Bustin' Out (Prima's Official Strategy Guide)
by Greg Kramer
41 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for those who aren't TopNotch Players, January 4, 2004
If you are anything like me and aren't an ace with Video games but adore the Sims. Then you'll want this guide. This game has a lot of different goals you must attain to gain items/clothes/actions. Sometimes those things determine your progress in the game. As in certain goals allow you to go to different places Club/Gym/Etc.
This guide tells you a lot of the information about the game itself even with information on how other Sims react to your actions. I play this game in stages and it's nice to have this guide to help me discover hidden items that you are supposed to search for or who to talk to accomplish certain things.
This book had enough information to help me learn the best way for me to play the game.
Now for the only thing I found lacking was a bit more description or hints for what is best to have or sell once you've completed skills, etc.
There are certain things that once you acquire them you'll want to have in all of the houses such as the Miss Gyrotic, the Gourmet stove and Hellagraphix (all items that have to be unlocked). Once you have these items it makes pleasing your Sims much easier.
Luckily this guide tells you were those items are and how to gain them.
For a game guide I find this one very thorough and I'm glad I have it to go with my game.
I highly recommend it if you own or are planning on buying the Sims Bustin out game. Also even if you just rent it it's worth the $12 for the book

Almost A Gentleman
Almost A Gentleman
by Pam Rosenthal
Price: $18.00
68 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loss, hidden desires and hope, January 3, 2004
This review is from: Almost A Gentleman (Paperback)
This story begins with Phoebe Claringworth who having been abused by her husband and although is death should be a relief. It comes at even greater cost to Phoebe the loss of her 3 year old son and an unborn child. Distraught over the loss of her children she is consoled by her best friend Lady Kate Beverredge.
Phoebe and Kate have been friends for years. Kate born into a title but through a childhood illness left less than perfect in the eyes of many. Phoebe stood up for her and their friendship began. However, she learned there was more to her friend. Phoebe was born a beauty although untitled and to the Claringworth's she appeared to be the perfect wife because she was so beautiful. Her husband didn't appreciate the mind that Phoebe had. It made him insecure and feel small so the abuse began. In an effort to prove his superiority over Phoebe he raced their carriage causing the accident that killed him and the children. Phoebe heart broken and refusing to allow another man to be in control over her or to be at the mercy of her own looks cuts off all of her hair.
The story picks up 3 years later with Philip "Phizz" Marston the epitomy of grace and style, but also the man who makes things happen. Those of the Ton want to join his club only Phizz makes nothing easy. Turning down man after man for anything from his shoes, mistress, the cut of his suit has Phizz on the short end of many a man's list. And someone wants Phizz dead. Threatening notes have been coming to Phizz on regular basis, but they can't be real no one would want to harm someone over such matters.
Enter David Hervey, Earl of Linseley, An aristocrat farmer who stands for the people. David sees Phizz and can't take his eyes off of him. Convinced there is something wrong with him he begins to question his own reasoning. Why would he be attracted to another man, he'd never had those feelings before. David had a very comfortable marriage of friendship and caring, but not true love. His wife and he had a son and a passion they enjoyed sharing on occasion. Since her death though he sought comfort in prostitutes and debauched himself regularly. When he sees Phizz though he can't imagine anyone else. Confused and unsure he is shocked and elated to discover that Phizz isn't a man but a woman, a very attractive woman and she's been masquerading as Phizz for reasons he doesn't understand yet. What he does know is that someone is threatening Phizz who although he doesn't know her name is actually Phoebe. I'm not giving away anything by telling you that much.
In order to find out who is threatening Phizz/Phoebe, David and she devise a plan for the enemies of Phizz to seek David out for possible alliances against Phizz.
I can't tell you more because I don't want to give away more than I already have. I read a random scattering of books from no specific genre, but I have found that I love the Brava/Kensington books set of Historical fiction they are usually erotic romances some set in historical times. Almost A Gentleman was a wonderful surprise for me because it has the story of a woman who is distraught not over the loss of the husband but her children. Rather than put up with societies mask and having to live as a polite woman who can do nothing. She chose to live her life as a man. She'd experience many of the things as a man in hopes that she could fill the void left by the loss. It's actually very heart breaking when I think back. Phoebe tries to deny all of those things that she thinks will hurt too much. No children, no love, no commitment. Still the hurt is there though and nothing can take away her pain.
The friendship of Kate and Phoebe was wonderful they were like pieces of a puzzle and each of them filled the void for the other. As Phizz, Phoebe played an adoring suitor to Kate offering her friend entry into the world she'd avoided for so long.
David and Phoebe have a magical attraction and chemistry that no matter what is brought out and very hot too!
I loved this book! Can't wait to read it again. Now, I'll be looking for other works by this author.

Crest Spinbrush Classic Replacement Brush Heads, Refill, 2 Each (Colors May Vary)
Offered by Just 4 Games
Price: $6.95
2 used & new from $6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the spinbrush line, January 3, 2004
I was going to purchase a new Spinbrush when I discovered they'd started selling replacement heads! This is great! For the price of a toothbrush you get two heads for an electric toothbrush. The spinbrush works so well anyway to have these available is a wonderful thing to add to an already great toothbrush.
For the money you can't beat the Spinbrush and it's replacement head. You can have tons of these without having to shell out a ton of money.
I have 2 right now because my oldest one died(but it lasted quite a while, over 2 years.)
LOVE The brushes and now the replacement heads!

Spinbrush ARM & HAMMER Pro Series Daily Clean Battery Toothbrush Refills, Medium
Price: $8.99
6 used & new from $8.98

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad they started this, January 3, 2004
LOVE The brushes and now the replacement heads!

Crest Spinbrush Classic, Classic  (Colors May Vary)
Crest Spinbrush Classic, Classic (Colors May Vary)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bargain, January 3, 2004
This is the absolute best bargain in toothbrushes. An electric tooth brush that works well under $10.00. I am a nut about my teeth but also don't see spending a ton of money on electric toothbrushes that eventually wear out. However with the Crest spinbrush the cost is low and they seem to last quite a while.
They clean well so I feel safe that I am brushing correctly. Love these brushes!

Sprinbrush Pro Clean Battery Powered Toothbrush, Medium, Colors May Vary
Sprinbrush Pro Clean Battery Powered Toothbrush, Medium, Colors May Vary
Offered by Champion Liquidation
Price: $2.89
11 used & new from $2.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bargain in toothbrushes, January 3, 2004
Also, now they have replaceable heads of the brush so all you have to do is replace the batteries and head instead of throwing the thing away.
This leaves my teeth feeling clean even when I am in a hurry because the moving bristles get more of the stuff off than just brushing alone.
I have two of the spinbrushes (complete), but also have a drawer with 3 or 4 sets of bristle head replacements. I don't want to risk them ever discontinuing this product. It's a staple in my home!

Family Guy Tv - Volume 2
Family Guy Tv - Volume 2
DVD ~ Seth MacFarlane
Offered by Plummy Store
Price: $11.79
131 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars To funny to have been cancelled!, January 2, 2004
This review is from: Family Guy Tv - Volume 2 (DVD)
As many have already told you about this show. I'll just say I caught a few of these shows when they were on the air and after Fox bounced time slots I couldn't keep up.
Thanks to cartoon network I was getting caught up once again with the Griffins and found them even funnier the second time around. So when I saw the DVD's I was hooked! These shows are hilarious. They are rough, offensive and everything that you'd never want to admit to being funny.
They are a wonderful take on Family life. They are hilarious and even on replays I still find them equally funny if not more so. Each character has their own way of making me laugh, but I must admit Peter's spouting off at the mouth without thinking is the funniest. Also, he cusses out of the blue and it will have you spewing your drink.
For a fun escape if you have the sense of humor to take it you should give these a try. If not go for something else. They are smart, edgy and hilarious!!

Family Guy, Volume One
Family Guy, Volume One
DVD ~ Seth MacFarlane
Price: $12.48
102 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy to find these!, January 2, 2004
This review is from: Family Guy, Volume One (DVD)
For a fun escape if you have the sense of humor to take it you should give these a try. They are smart, edgy and hilarious!!

Kotex Natural Balance Lightdays Liners, Extra Coverage 40 Count
Kotex Natural Balance Lightdays Liners, Extra Coverage 40 Count
Offered by Best Deals USA
Price: $6.98
16 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Kotex Product, January 2, 2004
I'm glad Amazon has started carrying these products even though they aren't cheap. Their prices aren't comparable to stores like Wal-mart, but the convenience of ordering products and having them shipped is just one thing I don't have to worry about when I'm rushing through a store.
The Kotex Pantyliner with extra coverage is perfect it gives great panty coverage and the adhesive holds it in place very well so there is minimal risk of it moving. They are so thin and absorbant so for spotting or use with a tampon they are perfect to protect your underwear.
Another high quality product by Kotex!

No Way Out
No Way Out
by Andrea Kane
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
113 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Liked it even if..., January 2, 2004
This review is from: No Way Out (Mass Market Paperback)
I'll begin by saying that like many of the other reviewers I found part of the story very hard to believe. However, I did enjoy the book.
The parts I had the hardest time with were with Julia Talbot (2nd grade teacher and highly educated) she is a favored teacher among her students. However, she is over emotional when it comes to one child in particular Brian (the mayor's son). I understand a caring teacher that wasn't the problem. The problem was that she was overly involved with this child before his problems ever surfaced. He wasn't from a broken home or anything so her attachment to him seemed odd. He seemed more like he should have been her child rather than the Mayor and his wife. Perhaps that is what I was supposed to take from the story I don't know.
Then add in that we are told several times that she was educated very well and yet she is so naive. The boy is having problems so she automatically assumes he's being abused. This aspect of the story was way overblown. I don't want to give away the story so I won't add much about what the storyline is about simply that his family is going through some things and the boy doesn't understand. I do understand that she would be concerned she's his teacher and she notices changes.
However, she's a teacher! She had to have more than one child in her class and this boy is the only one she's worried about. She starts asking questions, etc about what is going on at home. (Secrets of course) I believe she tells the Mayor's brother Connor Stratford later in the story she is a psychologist and yet she is very high strung about one boy. She's investigating what is going on with his family because she's worried about him. At no time did I ever feel that she was thinking as an educator or even a psychologist would. Had I not known otherwise I would have thought she was his mother/aunt/sister because of the concern she showed over him.
Now my next issue is Connor Stratford the attractive corporate mogul brother of the Mayor Steven Stratford. He swoops into town to keep the problems the parents are hiding from the boy and Julia (even though they really are none of her business) under the rug via seducing her. She falls right in after a little banter. This woman who is highly educated and is supposedly looking after the best interest of the child is allowing him to sidetrack her at every chance he has. The reason I even mention it is that she is so set on finding out who is "Abusing" Brian. I found Julia very annoying and that she was jumping the gun about Brian.
Now for the reason I gave the book 5 stars. The story is the story within about Mayor Steven Stratford, his wife Nancy, Brian and their family legacy of politics that Steven/Connor's father wants to lead Steven into. The underlying story is what takes the book on and allows it to fly out of the dull over dramatic effects of Julia searching for who's hurting Brian. Brian's having trouble because tensions at home have him misunderstanding what is going on. The problems are those caused by his father. Steven's demons are coming back to haunt him and that's where the story is. This part of the story was what I loved. Steven is a weak charcter who has made a lot of mistakes that are about more than money. Even though I didn't like him I could understand him better than Julia.
Julia and Connor have great passion together in the bedroom, but the rest of their story doesn't really come together for me until later. Which is why I ended up really liking the book. The ending was a bit Mary Poppins with some erotic moments thrown in.
Overall though the best advice I can give in relation to this book is to suspend your beliefs of what you'd do in that situation and try to hold out for the juicy part of the story when the secrets begin emerging.
What the book gives you is an intricate story(once you get past Julia's obsession/mothering over Brian since he's not her kid). There are plenty of twists and turns to keep you guessing who did what and when.
I still give it 5 stars because it kept me entertained whether I was screaming at Julia or wondering what would happen next:)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15