Profile for D. Ritter > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Ritter "Edna Dinkledyne" RSS Feed (Noblesville, Ind)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Growing Up Amish: A Memoir
Growing Up Amish: A Memoir
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, April 7, 2014
I found myself pulled into the story from the first page, and found it hard to put the book down....good story!

Is It God or Am I Crazy? My Unexpected Journey Through Pain to Happily Ever After
by Lynn Severn Blankenship
Price: $8.99
21 used & new from $6.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyed this book, September 12, 2013
I experienced a lot of different feelings when reading this book- amusement at the lighthearted moments, sadness at the difficult experiences, musing over the deeper thoughts the author presented,
and a sense of comfort knowing that while each of us experiences hard things in life, we can trust the leading of God in our lives if we truly turn to Him to guide us.

I heartily recommend this book , I think anyone who does will enjoy the author's open honesty and willingness to encourage others that even difficult times can turn out good.

Oster 3874 Flip Nonstick Belgian Waffle Maker, Chrome/Black
Oster 3874 Flip Nonstick Belgian Waffle Maker, Chrome/Black
Price: $29.00
4 used & new from $29.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with my waffle maker!, February 3, 2012
Having shied away for years from waffle makers because the waffles never got done correctly and it was a mess to make, I decided to
try this flip style of waffle maker recently.

In a word, it works wonderfully- the waffles turn out great every time, the flip style griddle is a genius idea, and clean
up is easy and quick. Price was good too...

I have no complaints thus far about this waffle maker, and would not hesitate to recommend it to someone else!

Torani Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup with Splenda, 750mL
Torani Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup with Splenda, 750mL
Offered by Charlie Bean Company
Price: $14.95
8 used & new from $8.20

2.0 out of 5 stars I didn't care for it..., December 28, 2011
I tried some of this chocolate sugar free syrup in my coffee, I have to say I didn't think it did anything for it...couldn't tell it was chocolate tasting at all...

Maybe some find this syrup good, but just for my personal opinion, I was not impressed and won't be buying any more ...

Virtuous Worlds: The Video Gamer's Guide to Spiritual Truth
Virtuous Worlds: The Video Gamer's Guide to Spiritual Truth
by John Stanifer
Price: $10.99
25 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read for a fan of video games, June 29, 2011
Bought this book because I have three very avid gamers in my family. Wasn't sure how it would be received, but have found the response
to be extremely good. My oldest son really enjoyed reading the analogies that Mr. Stanifer pulled from all the games mentioned- and liked the humor
that is interspersed throughout.

If one is looking for some good in playing video games besides just the recreational aspect, this is a good book to read. I would recommend it not
only for avid players of all ages, but parents who want to see a different side of video games and also youth pastors and youth group leaders who want
to intertwine what is hot in today's culture with a spiritual outlook.

The Ghost in the Little House: A Life of Rose Wilder Lane (MISSOURI BIOGRAPHY SERIES)
by William V. Holtz
Price: $23.42
57 used & new from $9.70

3.0 out of 5 stars Take it for what it is, a slanted opinion...., April 30, 2011
While the book is admittedly an interesting read, I find it very annoying
that someone who never lived in the house of Laura Ingalls Wilder can make a major judgement
about what kind of mother she was based on her daughter's supposed say so.

Ask a child or teen whether their parents are mean or unfair, and you will surely get an answer based
on whether or not they got the car keys for the weekend, got to go
to that party at their friend's house, or got the new outfit they were begging for.

I am sure LIW wasn't a perfect mother, but I seriously doubt Rose
was an easy child to bring up, nor was she perfect as an adult.
Who is a perfect mom, or a perfect child? No one I know, and what kind of book would
it be if they wrote about our own lives growing up?

When no one is alive to defend themselves against such biased views, I take the book for what it is- just
someone's opinion based on how they want the reader to perceive the person they are referring to.
And anyone can do that by taking and choosing what to put in the book to make the story
turn out the way they want to...Just saying....

Mr. Coffee TM70 3-Quart Iced Tea Maker, 3-Quart, Blue
Mr. Coffee TM70 3-Quart Iced Tea Maker, 3-Quart, Blue
Price: $29.99
24 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just fine for me- fantastic value!, January 22, 2011
I recently converted to drinking more iced tea and was buying the pre made variety in the grocers.
After a few weeks of having to buy a couple of gallons and still running out,
I knew I had to have a more effective way of getting the tea I like to drink without worrying about the cost that was adding up.

I bought this brand and model at a local retail store for under 20.00 and already it has made a huge difference in
my tea drinking budget, and the product works beautifully. You can make the tea as weak or as strong as you wish, it works pretty quickly, I have had no problems with
leakage or anything else. Seems to me like it wouldn't leak while brewing if one made sure the spout was nestled properly in the correct position.

I found it easy to use and makes good tasting tea as well- I am , for one, a very happy customer!

Kaufman Field Guide to Mammals of North America
Kaufman Field Guide to Mammals of North America
by Kenn Kaufman
Price: $15.96
107 used & new from $5.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little guide!, October 2, 2009
Got this for a homeschooling project, my daughter loves it- it has lots of good info, illustrations, and info. Recommended!

Andrea Bocelli - Sacred Arias: The Home Video
Andrea Bocelli - Sacred Arias: The Home Video
33 used & new from $2.64

3.0 out of 5 stars Not My Favorite, December 7, 2008
While no voice can compare to Andrea's and I LOVE to hear him sing...I was really bored by the choir songs interspersed between his solos...

Canon PowerShot A570IS 7.1MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom
Offered by LWOutlet
Price: $239.97
22 used & new from $24.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Camera is malfunctioning, May 13, 2008
I bought this camera based on the high rating it had. I was initially pleased with it and the way it took pictures, but after having it only 2 and a half months, it suddenly out of the blue stopped working. It had not been damaged, I always took very good care of it, fresh batteries did nothing to get it to work. Very frustrating since I need it for my business online. I guess I will have to send it in and see if they can figure out the problem...I certainly hope so, otherwise Canon will lose a customer for good!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3