Profile for Gerald > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 69

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gerald RSS Feed (United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Rooibos South African Red Bush Tea Bags - 100 Count - 8.82oz - 100% Natural Organic, Caffeine Free, Sweet Tasting, Anti-Oxidant Rich, Mineral Dense, Healthy Herbal Tea. Pronounced Royboss not Rooibus. GUARANTEED! Treat Yourself. Try Now!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great tea. I previously used loose Rooibos tea, April 19, 2015
This is great tea. I previously used loose Rooibos tea, but as many of the particles of this type of tea are small and slip through strainers I would find them catching in my throat. Not really a safety issue, but more of a comfort issue. I tried a few other brands of Rooibos, many manufacturers providing blends that to me masked the pleasant, refreshing natural flavor of this wonderful tea with other fragrances and flavors that to my palate at least actually made the tea very unpleasant. I assume this is done to minimize the use of the red bush and use more inexpensive ingredients and keep the name.

The Rooibos Rocks tea is very good. I am sold. There are less expensive varieties for sale for less, but if you like consistent quality, freshness and flavor. You can find it here. The manufacturers themselves even follow up on your order with information about the tea as well as other fun and interesting tidbits of information.

I personally prefer the tea at room temperature or slightly chilled as it makes a refreshing beverage throughout the day. It is very good hot, but as one of those people that find it difficult to drink enough plain water throughout my day, I find I easily go through several bottles that I have filled with this highly refreshing tea, and if I can benefit from all the healthy goodies inside, so much the better.

Under Armour Men's UA Valsetz RTS Tactical Boots 10.5 Black
Under Armour Men's UA Valsetz RTS Tactical Boots 10.5 Black
Offered by Direct Premium Buys
Price: $119.99
13 used & new from $114.99

5.0 out of 5 stars but so far they look and feel good. Very comfortable, March 5, 2015
I can't comment on durability yet, but so far they look and feel good. Very comfortable. Personally, I think they would be better and inch shorter on top for comfort but I bought them as advertised. Great boot, will see how they hold up and update review if there is an issue.

Classykidzshop Princess Tiana Dress - 6T
Classykidzshop Princess Tiana Dress - 6T
Offered by ClassyKidzShop
Price: $54.99
2 used & new from $49.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, but poorly made. Glued and tacked together., January 12, 2015
My daughter loves this dress. Pieces fell off immediately after she donned the dress. Many parts are glued on, and others are tacked with a single stitch. I gave it two stars because my daughter loves this dress, and my mother worked as a seamstress years ago and was able to put it together the way you would have expected to have received it.

If you don't have sewing skills do not buy this, because as my daughter loved this dress she was devastated as she saw it falling apart at her first wear and play with it, luckily my mother (grandma) was there Christmas morning to examine and assure my little girl she could fix it better than new (not at all difficult, as good as new would have involved getting a bottle of white glue, with a little sewing it was better). To clarify, the underlying yellow dress is fine, the decoration and trim is what is poorly applied to the outside of the dress and immediately starts breaking and falling off.

Summary, two stars because it is beautiful, but only if you are able to take the pieces and sew them together as they should be from the start.

Hand Held Air Inflator - Double Action Balloon Air Pump
Hand Held Air Inflator - Double Action Balloon Air Pump
Offered by AA+ Deals
Price: $8.09
7 used & new from $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a Qualatex pump, and not the pump pictured, May 1, 2014
I ordered this pump because it was labelled as "by Qaulatex" and a qualatex pump was pictured. I did read a couple reviews stating they had this problem, but because this seemed to be the minority I thought maybe it was an error. I wish I had listened to them.

The pump that arrived was a cheap, flimsy poorly made knock off. I don't anticipate this will last long with sustained use. I will give credit where it is due though, I requested a return and there were no questions asked, but they did send a return label that required shipping to be paid by you the customer. Normally I would have no issue with this is there is an issue with the product that was outside of the control of the seller. In this case however, it is a blatant misrepresentation of the product being sold. I guess they figure since most people will not know the difference we will pawn off these cheap knock offs on unsuspecting consumers. The pump pictured is not the one sent and the cost of return shipping pretty much voids any refund you may receive.

You can pick this pump up at some chain retail stores for less than $4, I have seen the exact same one that I was shipped and it was labelled as a generic balloon pump in the party section.

I guess my beef here, is with the fact it is not the pump they claim. If getting a qualatex makes no difference to you, and you find this pump to be the best deal available then it may work for you, although I don't know how it will hold up if you plan on doing much pumping. It does seem a bit lighter and flimsier than my other pumps, so buyer beware.

Cold Stl Code-4 3.5" Tanto Point
Cold Stl Code-4 3.5" Tanto Point
Offered by Red's Gear
Price: $54.38
24 used & new from $53.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Great knife, typical cold steel quality, slim design., February 12, 2014
This has quickly become my favorite knife, the only thing I would like more is the mini version as in the recon 1 series, my previous edc knife. This one is just so thin without sacrificing heft and solid feel. Polished blade and anodized aluminum handle with that titanium look really makes for an attractive finish as well. The one issue that some might be bothered by is that the finish on the handle can wear or scratch through, to me just looks like hardworking and used, but if that is an issue to you either be careful or maybe look at the recon 1s. Also keep in mind this is a good sized knife, I am looking for forward to a mini version if they choose to make one. Until that time comes this is my favorite for everyday use.

UP by Jawbone - Medium - Retail Packaging - Onyx (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
UP by Jawbone - Medium - Retail Packaging - Onyx (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by EverythingDeals
Price: $49.99
105 used & new from $29.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I love the concept and form factor...but I'm also on warranty replacement number 5., February 12, 2014
To begin with when I first got the band I was really excited, I ordered it when the second generation was first released in 2012. The first generation being taken back due to problems. I will say I still love the premise of the band, but will say I am highly disappointed with reality. To date 2 with battery issues and 3 flat out died without ever finding out why

Positive:
1.when working it seems to perform fairly well (issue with this will be discussed in negatives)
2. Customer service was very helpful in getting warranty replacements although I thought they would give me the option to pay difference to upgrade to the new band considering I have gone through 5 bands over the past 14 months. They did not, but I don't fault them on this as my warranty doesn't state they would or should.
3 it is a decent looking band.

Negative:
1. Well, obviously. I have gone through five bands over the past 14 months.
2. I was involved in a survey from jawbone a while back regarding this band and commented that I didn't like how I didn't get credit for walking when carrying items, or pushing a cart or baby stroller. I was assured that the accelerometer did in fact measure steps while performing these activities. I was tempted to believe this information except for the fact that I would get the inactivity alarm buzzing while actually moving, but pushing a cart or carrying an item. So maybe I was getting credit and the flaw is in the buzzer. Whose to say.
3. Battery life, I know I keep reading how ten days is amazing but I have yet to get one to do that. Number five replacement so far has been the closest squeaking in at 9 days on its first charge. If like the others I expect quick degradation of battery life, average has been in at 7 days occasionally 8. I also do not sync the band that frequently so I would expect it to last a little longer.
4. A little buggy, unsure if it the accompanying app or the band itself. Occasionally I will plug it in and get no credit for the day of wear, but it will upload the previous day. No sleep or anything for the current day. Sync it later and it gives me credit from the moment following the first sync. This happened yesterday when I synced at 11am, I arise at 530, am pretty active, (I also had double checked theprevious night to ensure my sleep setting was activated) and got no sleep or step credit for the current day, but added some steps for the previous day.

All in all, I like the idea of it, but I no longer recommend this product to others. I will be switching to another brand when they finally stop honoring the warranty and no longer replace it.

Hy- Ko Kb105s Split Key Ring, 1" Diameter, Bag of 100
Hy- Ko Kb105s Split Key Ring, 1" Diameter, Bag of 100
Offered by Life and Home
Price: $18.99
4 used & new from $13.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Good rings, good price, there are elements that are reflected in this great price though., November 24, 2013
The rings are solidified and strong. I use them all the time, the dinged two stars is for the somewhat unfinished ends. I have scratched myself a couple times on some of the rings reaching for keys in pockets or backpacks. This does not prevent me from regularly using them, and I would buy again. The price allows for much forgiveness.

Blackhawk Men's Warrior Wear Lightweight Boot Sock (Black, Medium 10-13)
Blackhawk Men's Warrior Wear Lightweight Boot Sock (Black, Medium 10-13)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great performing sock. Little short for a boot sock., November 13, 2013
I love these socks. Great wicking properties, and great fit. The only reason I dinged it one star was the fact that for a boot sock they only come up to right below my calves. So they sit right at the top edge of an 8" boot. Other than that they are great, I use them more for shoe wear than boots though.

Men's Reebok Desert Tan 6" Dauntless CT SZ - 105M
Men's Reebok Desert Tan 6" Dauntless CT SZ - 105M
Offered by Shoebuy
Price: $95.95
3 used & new from $95.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Good safety shoe/boot. You could do better for on your feet/hiking/road march/humpin' a ruck., November 13, 2013
The composite toe is solid, and it does have a nice sole and grip pattern. For those that it matters to, the boot is made in China, but I don't think that is a surprise for Reeboks (not effecting my review stars). My main issue is the concave shape of the foot-bed, or in other words the fact that the edges of you foot are raised compared to the sunken center. Causes my foot to fatigue faster if on my feet all day, and I notice the bones in my feet tend to crack for a day or so after wearing these all full day.

Hopefully information of use to you,that is not affecting my rating:
Give yourself a little time to break these in, definitely do not compare to my Danner's, but neither does the price. Inside tags already pulling off from wear (after one month of 2-3 days wear a week), but I can't say that is necessarily reflecting in the actual boot wear. I am definitely keeping these, but mostly for short duration safety shoe type use (odd jobs around home or office). Time on my feet I prefer my my danner's or Bate's Annobon for something in a similar price range to the the reebok's but without the composite toe.

5.11.74385 Taclite Jean-Cut Pants Charcoal 30W x 30L
5.11.74385 Taclite Jean-Cut Pants Charcoal 30W x 30L
Price: $54.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional and comfortable., October 14, 2013
These pants are great. Light weight, plenty of pockets without looking like there are plenty of pockets. A great alternative to overtly tactical pants for those situations where you would like the comfort and functionality but don't really need or want cargo/magazine pockets pockets all over. These are great in the office for aloha Fridays, yet I can take them downrange and feel just as comfortable.

I read a lot of reviews here regarding sizing. As there seemed to be some opinions going both ways as to buying size normal, or size down I began with size normal. I usually wear a 32x32, my waist is actually a 31, but as many makers don't offer this size I err on the up size. This did make the pants a bit baggy in the butt, still functional and it really isn't that much, just a bit more when compared to what I am used to. I ordered a pair of 30x32s and they did remedy the butt situation, waist fit fine, fit was noticeably slimmer but with more noticeable ride up at ankles when seated. Both work great, and I wear both regularly. If your size falls as mine does in between offered measurements you may wish to decide to err upwards if you want baggier/looser, or if you prefer a slightly more tailored fit appearance go down. In my situation I wear the smaller size when I wear them in the office, I wear the larger when out and about. Hope this helps.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7