Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale
Profile for Mom of many! > Reviews

Browse

Mom of many!'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mom of many! RSS Feed (Minnesota)

1,000 Vegan Recipes (1,000 Recipes)
1,000 Vegan Recipes (1,000 Recipes)
by Robin Robertson
Price: $24.30
95 used & new from $12.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Butcher/hunter's wife transformed!, May 7, 2010
My husband has owned a butcher shop and has been a "big time" hunter as long as I've known him (35 years). He grew up on a farm in the midwest living on the animals they raised. So, when I, for health reasons, decided to go vegan it was not only a shock to him but his entire family! One day I just walked into a book store and bought this book, took it home and started cooking. From that day on the entire family has been hooked! My side of the family has been transformed also. My parents and children (all grown up) now have this cookbook also. For my hunting/fishing for everything out there family to transform like this is a miracle! These are down to earth recipes with down to earth ingredients. Not at all "flaky" or "outrageous" like a lot of vegan cookbooks that I've seen. None of the smaller kids will look at the meals and say,"Ick, what's that?". If you purchase this book it'll be the last one that you ever want to buy!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2010 8:54 AM PST

Food, Inc.
Food, Inc.
DVD ~ Eric Schlosser
Price: $8.15
82 used & new from $2.39

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! AMAZING! Watch this one..., April 13, 2010
This review is from: Food, Inc. (DVD)
We have many farmers in the family. I had them watch this DVD as soon as I received it...all they could say at first was,"WOW!" & "AMAZING!". This DVD taught even them a few things. They also found themselves ashamed of being a part of buying the seeds from the companies destroying this countries food supply & are now "fixing" things. Some are even talking about switching to organic farming. Several of us have switched our eating to the organic vegan form & have actually had amazing things happening with our health...medication dosages going down & in some cases, going away all together. This DVD has changed a huge farming families lives forever! You NEED to watch this DVD as soon as possible....but its not really something you want to watch with small children around.

The Amish: A People of Preservation
The Amish: A People of Preservation
DVD ~ Amish-People of Preservation
Offered by PA-PRIME
Price: $9.69
31 used & new from $1.12

2.0 out of 5 stars Amish movie about the men, April 6, 2010
I found this DVD to be interesting & somewhat entertaining. The movie almost solely revolves around the amish men, their roles in the family, society & community. This contains nearly nothing about the amish women & girls. Being a woman, I was hoping for more about the female life within the amish home. Very dissappointed! Felt this was a waste of money for me.

Amish: How They Survive
Amish: How They Survive
6 used & new from $15.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not really worth the cost...NO women allowed!, April 6, 2010
This review is from: Amish: How They Survive (DVD)
This DVD was interresting but the original DVD description was very deceiving. Not what I was looking for at all. This DVD is all about the men and boys. Not much at all about the women in the communities other than just in passing. Its ok for learning the overall lifestyle or history of the amish but if your looking for anything at all about the women in the community...look elsewhere!!!!! I felt I had just thrown $20 in the toilet.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2015 2:18 PM PDT