Profile for Ernest W. Young > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ernest W. Young RSS Feed (Oregon)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Healthy Cooking Ceramic Dutch Oven and Nonstick Cooking Pot 3 Quart (Red)
Healthy Cooking Ceramic Dutch Oven and Nonstick Cooking Pot 3 Quart (Red)
Offered by icydeals
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $14.24

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 1/2 quarts listed as 3 quarts, March 23, 2015
I purchased this pan because I already have the "Healthy Cooking Ceramic Sauce Pan and Nonstick Saute Pan 1.5 Quart (Red)", which I purchased about 6 months ago, and is also sold on Amazon. Please read my review for that pan, because I would write about the same for this pan, except that pan is only 1 quart but listed as 1 1/2 quarts, and this one is 2 1/2 quarts listed as 3 quarts. I used a 1 cup liquid measuring cup, and 10 fillings filled this pan right to the brim. To test the measuring cup I used, I put 2 fillings in my 1 pint Pyrex measuring cup and it filled it right to the 2 cup mark. This isn't that important to me, but I think one might want to know this before purchasing this pan. I did contact the seller regarding the wrongly listed smaller pan, but they did nothing, but they are just selling it and didn't make it.

Alvin AST Series 24-Inch Stainless Steel Graduated T-Square (AST24)
Alvin AST Series 24-Inch Stainless Steel Graduated T-Square (AST24)
Offered by JD PowerSellers
Price: $23.68
14 used & new from $21.63

2.0 out of 5 stars Plastic "T" (head) had warped, March 19, 2015
The one I received was covered in fairly heavy shrink wrap. After removing it I found the plastic "T" (head) had warped, with the outer edges raised on both ends. The plastic was maybe 3/16" thick, so this bow or warping had a profound negative effect. Also, someone had cut the plastic shrink wrap with a blade, so there was a cut line across the top of the stainless steel blade near the zero mark. That isn't a big problem, but it added to the frustration. I returned it.

The Advanced Airbrush Book
The Advanced Airbrush Book
by Cecil Misstear
46 used & new from $0.48

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorites!, February 21, 2015
I have read and own a lot of airbrush books, and I find this to be one of my favorites. It is about 30 years old, but the artwork included is still great, and his information still useful. There seem to be quite a lot of used copies of this hardback book and at good prices, so it won't cost much to see if you agree with me.

Pinzon Elizabeth Matelasse Coverlet, Full/Queen, White
Pinzon Elizabeth Matelasse Coverlet, Full/Queen, White
Price: $70.56

2.0 out of 5 stars Heavy, Stiff, and Shrank 4", February 21, 2015
I read other reviews before buying this coverlet, and some said it was soft. When I got mine I found it quite heavy, stiff and not soft. It had a slight chemical smell so I thought I would wash and dry it and then maybe it would be better. I washed it in cold water and dried it on the permanent press cycle. It came out just warm and not hot, but still shrank about 4" in width and length. It was still quite stiff and is not something I would like to sleep under. This is just my experience, but to me soft is something that feels very comfortable to the touch and is very pliable like a blanket.

Air Lite High Density Urethane Foam Sheet, 3-Inch by 24-Inch by 10-Feet
Air Lite High Density Urethane Foam Sheet, 3-Inch by 24-Inch by 10-Feet
2 used & new from $67.56

2.0 out of 5 stars This foam is not High Density as the weight is only 1.2 lbs per cubic foot!, January 20, 2015
I measured a piece of this foam and weighed it. A cubic foot of this foam only weighs 1.2 lbs! For an education, go to foambymail and look at their foam under foam mattresses, and the data sheets for each kind under the resources tab. You will see that they sell 1.3 lb foam under the name Poly Foam, and the description has "Poly foam is a fair-quality foam with a medium feel". This is one of the lowest quality foams they sell and has an ILD (Indentation Load Deflection) of 36 lbs. This foam won't last very long if used for cushions, but might be OK for light duty applications.

I was lucky to get the 2' x 10' x 3" thick piece for only $28.17 and free shipping from Amazon as a Prime customer, so I am not complaining. Amazon does have some incredible deals at times!

I bought a Full Mattress from foambymail which is 4" thick and made of LUX-HQ foam for $109.99 with free shipping, and it is very good high density foam which weighs 2.8 lbs per cubic feet, has an ILD of 50 lbs, and is rated to last from 12 to 18 years. It is much better than this foam. I wish sellers of foam on Amazon would list the Density and ILD rating so buyers would know what they are getting, as the words High Density don't really mean anything.

Lorell  Exec High-Back Swivel Chair, 28-1/2"x28-1/2"x45", Black
Lorell Exec High-Back Swivel Chair, 28-1/2"x28-1/2"x45", Black
Offered by Shoplet
Price: $171.38
22 used & new from $130.93

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW is this chair built well!, January 12, 2015
I am very pleased with this chair. The box weighed 52 lbs. and after opening it I found out why. There is so much heavy strong steel and it was so easy to put together. You can see additional information at http://www.lorellart.com/products/?id=1021069631 and the assembly instructions at http://content.etilize.com/Assembly-Instructions/1021069631.pdf. The Country of Origin is Taiwan and the chair has a Limited 5-Year Warranty.

The seat is quite thick at about 3 1/2" and the polyethylene foam is high density and doesn't compress easily, while still being quite comfortable. The cloth is a heavy mesh that looks like it will last a long time!

I am 6' 1" and the top of the back almost reaches the top of my shoulders. My back only touches the mesh with quite a bit of room to spare. The seat slides forward, if that is desired, with a strong spring holding it in the rear position, so you must be sitting in the chair to slide it forward while pulling out the lever. The wheels turn very easily and the 360 swivel feature works great. With the price of this chair on Amazon I think this is a steal. It is listed at $413 on the Lowell site.

Healthy Cooking Ceramic Sauce Pan and Nonstick Saute Pan 1.5 Quart (Red)
Healthy Cooking Ceramic Sauce Pan and Nonstick Saute Pan 1.5 Quart (Red)
Offered by icydeals
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 Quart not 1.5 Quarts, September 16, 2014
The pan has a 6 1/4" internal diameter and 2 3/8" internal height. I thought I would start with the Cons first, to get that out of the way.

Cons:
1) I used a 1 cup liquid measuring cup to test the volume, and the pan filled right to the brim with 4 cups, so it is a 1 Quart pan, and not a 1.5 Quart pan. The box has 1.5 Quarts printed on it, and the pan looks exactly like the photo on Amazon.

Pros:
1) It is not a high end pan, but I really like the design. As you can see in the photo, the bottom is rounded. This allows one to use a silicone whisk to stir and blend, and still get to all the contents!
2) If you look closely at the pan, the upper 1/2" or so of the rim is bent out very slightly, and the top edge of the rim is rounded. This allows one to fairly easily pour liquids without the liquid running down the side. I was able to pour water slowly in a controlled stream.
3) The handle and top grip are fixed with screws, so they should be easy to tighten if they loosen from use.
4) For normal cleaning I actually use my fingers and a very small amount of soap and water. It is easy to clean and I can feel the residue with my fingers, which are the ultimate non-stick cleaning tool!
5) The ceramic coating is very smooth, but only time will tell if it lasts. I plan to use melamine foam (sold as Mr. Clean Magic Erasers) to clean the surface if it gets coated, which should return it to the shiny smooth surface, and hopefully not remove too much of the coating. We will see on that one.
6) The interior is white, so it is easy to see the food inside, for both cooking and cleaning.
7) There is a vent hole on the lid so steam can escape on low heat, reducing foaming of liquids.
8) The diameter of the pan fits perfectly on the small burners of my stove, so the heating is very efficient.
9) The price is very low and the shipping was quick.

I think this will make a nice small sauce pan!

Sonic Wave Professional Ultrasonic Cleaner - Cleans Jewelry, Optics, Eyeglass, CD's, DVD's and Other Delicate Items (Light Pink)
Offered by Super Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Very glad to have purchased this ultrasonic cleaner!, August 13, 2014
This ultrasonic cleaner has worked nicely for me. I have cleaned Rapidograph pen nibs and airbrush parts with great success. I only used a few drops of Dawn dish washing liquid in a cup of water, and just watched the residue come off. I have wanted one of these for a long time. The price was right, so I purchased it, and I am very glad!.

Fiskars Recycled 8 Inch Straight Scissors
Fiskars Recycled 8 Inch Straight Scissors
Price: $6.22
48 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars They cut paper very well along the entire length, August 13, 2014
I am very pleased with these scissors. They are a little tight, but they cut paper very well along the entire length with the same pressure, and of course the price at Amazon is amazing!

Hamilton Beach 63220 Eclectrics All-Metal 12-Speed Stand Mixer, Sterling
Hamilton Beach 63220 Eclectrics All-Metal 12-Speed Stand Mixer, Sterling
Price: $199.00
29 used & new from $168.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Electronic Speed Sensor Control - 12 Speeds, August 13, 2014
I called Hamilton Beach and received an explanation regarding the speed settings. Manually we are allowed to set 2-4-6-8-10-12, but the Electronic Speed Sensor Control provides 12 speeds.

"The Mixer has an Electronic Speed Sensor Control that is designed to maintain the same speed under different load conditions (such as when flour is added to a batter). You might hear slight speed variations as the Mixer electronically adjusts to the speed at which it is set."

I know some people are complaining about having only 6 speeds to choose from when the Eclectrics mixer is advertised as having 12 speed settings, so this information should make you feel better, as it did me!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4