Profile for J. Brooks > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 496

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Brooks RSS Feed (Nampa, Idaho United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bora Drill Press Vise Bora 551027 - The Sturdy, Quick Release Clamp that Attaches to Your Drill Press Table and Holds Your Material Fast for Easy Drilling
Price: $31.07
3 used & new from $27.03

3.0 out of 5 stars Fits virtually any manufacturer's drill press... except for my Delta..., May 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Bora vise with quick release works great, but has some issues.

The vice doesn't bolt right up to my drill press (a Delta DP300L). So some modification was needed to make it work (I created a baseplate to bolt the vice on that can then be bolted properly to the drill press table).

Once that was done, the vice worked well. The handle on my vice came VERY loose right out of the box... way too much slop and movement in it for my liking. The plus side is that the handle can be pulled out and turned horizontal so you can really crank the vice down on the material.

The screw on the vice was very stiff and hard to get going. I had to grease it up a lot to get it working smoothly.

Quick release works great.
The jaws are replaceable by unscrewing the flat bit screws. However I would have wished to seen a socket screw instead of a flat bit screw for reliability and longevity.

The aluminum base isn't square and level and doesn't sit completely flat against the cast iron table of the drill press, so it wobbles around a bit. Again this can be fixed by leveling the bottom of the vise up (a time consuming process).

So overall, it's a great vise. Just make sure that it will fit your drill press table prior to ordering. The slots on the vise are 5" apart (center to center).
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bora 503110 11 Pocket Tool Roll Leather and Nylon Construction with hook and loop closure Tie Strap
Price: $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits my chisels perfectly!, May 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Bora 11 pocket tool roll works awesomely for my set of chisels. The bag from the chisels had fallen apart over the last several years and after searching for a while (and finding out most pouches and tool rolls are too short for these chisels), I saw this and had to try it out.

The constructions of the tool roll is great. Really heavy duty leather. Strong velcro tie. And most importantly... tall enough to fit my chisels! It has plenty more pockets for more chisels too.

Zero complaints, great tool roll.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Starburst Mini's Fav Reds, 8 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Starburst Mini's Fav Reds, 8 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Price: $24.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictivly juicy!, May 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Absolutely delicious! Everyone should buy these.

The miniature size is awesome. They are lightly coated to prevent them from sticking together.
Zero unwrapping! No little bits of wax paper stuck to the chews or anything like that... you can just nom nom nom them without any interruptions.

Why did you guys make these!? They are TOO delicious and addictive!

Propet Men's Jackson Walking Shoe,Black/Blue,12 3E US
Propet Men's Jackson Walking Shoe,Black/Blue,12 3E US
Offered by HAYS INC
Price: $109.90

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't typically wear shoes, but when I do... I wear Propet!, May 20, 2015
Needed some new knock around everyday shoes. These fit the bill perfectly.

I typically don't wear shoes or I wear Vibram FiveFingers so the insole/arch support doesn't feel comfortable to me, but others will love it.

I wear a 12-13 EEE (depending on the manufacturer). I ordered a 12EEE, length is fine but the width is a little narrow. With wear they will fit perfectly though.

Overall great shoes!

GREEN LIGHT 7462 Wipe-Out Crabgrass Killer PLUS Concentrate - 1-Quart
GREEN LIGHT 7462 Wipe-Out Crabgrass Killer PLUS Concentrate - 1-Quart
Offered by MAXIMUS DEALS
Price: $6.99
5 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, follow these tips!, May 20, 2015
Easy to use and apply (mixed up two gallons of it to spot treat our entire yard to kill white clover, spurge weed, and a few spots of crabgrass).
After three days we are already seeing signs of the clover and other weeds starting to go brown and die.

A few tips that may help other users insure the product works.
Water you lawn about a day or two prior to applying the product. You want to make sure the weeds/crabgrass is in the growing stage.
Make sure you apply it in cooler weather (60°F-80°F) in early spring or mid/late fall.
Do not over apply it or make it stronger than recommended. Wait about two weeks between applications and reapply as needed.
And I found it best to apply it so that no water (rain or sprinkler) is applied to the area about 12 hours after the application. After that, go ahead and water regularly.

FYI, we have a mix of fescue (several varieties), rye (several varieties), and a little bit of bluegrass.

Happy growing!

The Phantom of the Post Office (43 Old Cemetery Road)
The Phantom of the Post Office (43 Old Cemetery Road)
by Kate Klise
Price: $12.48
106 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best series for young readers!, May 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is yet another wonderful edition of the 43 Old Cemetery Road books.

Being a guy in my 30s, I still enjoy reading these young adult books as they remind me of some of my favorite books when I was a kid.

How these 43 Old Cemetery Road books are written is just superb. They keep your interest the entire way through without dragging.

If you have a child who doesn't enjoy reading all that much, I would highly suggest giving them these to take a look at. They are just that different!

Terrapin Trading Mini Gnome, Mixed Assortment
Terrapin Trading Mini Gnome, Mixed Assortment
Price: $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome little dudes!, May 16, 2015
Little Duke, Loafer, Bossy, Howdy, and Sleepy... they are all awesome!

The quality of these little guys is just great! All of them are well made and painted. They match the other Terrapin Gnomes we purchased several years ago.

Couldn't be any happier.

Steel Hex Bolt, Grade 8, Zinc Yellow-Chromate Plated Finish, Hex Head, External Hex Drive, Meets ASME B18.2.1/SAE J429, 2" Length, Partially Threaded, 1/2"-13 Threads (Pack of 10)
Price: $12.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect bolts!, May 15, 2015
Brighton Best delivers once again. Zero issues with their stability and sturdiness.

The size I ordered (2" x 1/2"-13) would have cost me an arm and leg from other sources (especially for the quality). Very pleased with my purchase and my newly upgraded lat machine!

One Pair of Decorative Garage Door Carriage Handles
One Pair of Decorative Garage Door Carriage Handles
Offered by Sanford and Son? Overhead Doors
Price: $8.59
6 used & new from $2.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Look great on the doors!, May 15, 2015
Exactly what was needed. They are of pretty good quality (only time will tell).

The included screws were not that great, I would suggest getting some stainless steel or aluminum screws to prevent any rust from forming.

Overall a great purchase.

The Nutro Company Perfect Portions Food with Salmon and Tuna Recipe
The Nutro Company Perfect Portions Food with Salmon and Tuna Recipe
Price: $30.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Grain free, just what a cat needs., May 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Nutro's Perfect Portions Salmon and Tuna is the cats new favorite food (even the dog was eyeing it!).

No weird ingredients or additives, just simple REAL ingredients just for the kitty.
Serving size is spot on for our little guy (1 loaf, twice daily). And the fact that it comes in two sealed portions means we don't have to store half of it for later (which has been an issue as the smell in the fridge from cat food can and does reek).

The smell from this product is still quite unpleasant to our noses... but hey the cat likes it so I can't complain.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20