Profile for J. Brooks > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 412

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Brooks RSS Feed (Nampa, Idaho United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
einszett 972610 Vinyl Rubber Care and Protectant - 16.9 fl. oz.
einszett 972610 Vinyl Rubber Care and Protectant - 16.9 fl. oz.
Price: $16.07
5 used & new from $14.55

4.0 out of 5 stars Low gloss protectant that seems to last..., September 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It seems like I've used almost every rubber and vinyl protect on the market and none seem to offer any sort of lasting effect. On top of that a lot of them contain petroleum distillates that seem to aid in the breakdown of the rubber and vinyl they are being used on (properly formulated products don't have this issue). einszett's Vinyl and Rubber seems to be a bit different.

Used on exterior black molding and trim, it brings it back to life with a moderate gloss that quickly subsides to an almost gloss-less sheen. At first I thought it really hadn't worked, but after a few days I quickly realized that it was indeed working and providing some protection and hadn't just faded away like Armour-All, Back to Black, Black Magic, or any of the other 'protectants' I've used in the past.

As a tire dressing, it seems to work fairly well on new to almost new tires. On older tires it doesn't seem to last as long, but still works. Just like on the exterior trim the tires had a slight sheen to them, not overly glossy. For me I prefer not to have glossy black tires so this einszett works for me.

Until I come across another product that does a better job, this one ranks in the top three protectants in my garage.

OXO Good Grips Jar Spatula, White
OXO Good Grips Jar Spatula, White
Price: $6.99
11 used & new from $6.21

5.0 out of 5 stars About time! A spatula that works great in jars!, September 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It just seems strange to rave about a simple spatula... but this OXO jar spatula works amazingly well.

Where normal sized spatula fail to reach (the corners and very bottom of jars), this spatula makes quick work of. It gets in all the tight and small spaces with ease.

On top of that, the length is just perfect for most 30 oz jars (like those of condiments) without having to stick your hand halfway in the jar either.

Dishwasher safe, 600°F heat resistant, NO downsides at all!

BELL 22-1-70280-9 Black Quilted Suede Foose Seat Cover
BELL 22-1-70280-9 Black Quilted Suede Foose Seat Cover
Price: $15.31
2 used & new from $15.31

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks and feels cheap... oh wait... it is., September 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not all that impressed with this Bell seat cover at all.

First and foremost the "quilting" is a joke. It's done quite poorly and is uneven in appearance (not sewn in a straight line). On top of that the foam backing that is suppose to give the quilting an embossed/raised effect is maybe 1/8" thick open cell foam that will and has already ripped from sliding in and out of the seat. So don't expect the quilted look to last very long.

The "suede" is not real suede from what I can tell and like many of the other reviewers have pointed out.

The only redeeming quality of this cover is getting it installed, it installs just like any other seat cover, in about 5 minutes.

Cheaply made, overpriced, crap. Look elsewhere for a quality seat cover (I'd HIGHLY recommend a Coverking).

BSN N.O.-XPLODE - Fruit Punch, 1.22 lb (30 servings)
BSN N.O.-XPLODE - Fruit Punch, 1.22 lb (30 servings)
Offered by 3G Supplements
Price: $25.75
14 used & new from $24.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the old formula!, September 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
BSN's NO Xplode is one of my favorite pre-workout supplements.

I was a huge fan of their older formula (Green Apple flavor was my favorite), but I am very impressed with this new formula. Not only is is jam packed full of goodness, it's a smaller dosage AND fewer floaters.

The pumps and endurance are just phenomenal... honestly I can't tell you how much more awesome this new formula is.

Chemical Guys - Chemical Resistant Heavy Duty Bottle & Sprayer (32 oz)
Chemical Guys - Chemical Resistant Heavy Duty Bottle & Sprayer (32 oz)
Price: $6.07

1.0 out of 5 stars Not really that chemical resistant..., September 2, 2014
I've used these for a multitude of products and mixes. While they worked with water based products, they are not really all that chemical resistant. I've had two of them melt with two different products poured into them leaving them a mangled mess of plastic.

So if you plan on using them for something other then water based products, look elsewhere.

Herbal Essences Naked Volume Shampoo 23.7 Fl Oz,
Herbal Essences Naked Volume Shampoo 23.7 Fl Oz,
Price: $7.19
2 used & new from $7.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shampoo, not sure on the volumizing..., September 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Herbal Essences Naked Volume Shampoo is definitely some great stuff.

The shampoo lathers up extremely well with just a small amount. Rinses clean with ease and does not require multiple lathers which is nice for those who have a lot of hair or really long hair.

The smell is amazing and not only does it smell good, it lasts a long time (multiple days for me). Not too strong either.

The only thing I can not it down 1 star for is the volumizing claim. It's hard to tell if it adds volume or not. It seems to but not entirely sure how much.

Hands down though, I'll still be using it due to how well it lathers, cleans, and rinses great.

FoodSaver FM2000-000 Vacuum Sealing System
FoodSaver FM2000-000 Vacuum Sealing System
Price: $83.30
2 used & new from $83.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick, versatile, and super easy to use... just loud., August 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The FoodSaver FM2000-000 sealer is easy to use and very intuitive. Without reading the manual I was able to figure out what everything does and how to use it, now that is impressive.

I've used both their included vacuum bags and roll material with great results. I've even sealed and vacuum sealed cereal bags to prolong the life of open boxes.

Just for test purposes I went ahead and blanched and froze some fresh picked green beans and threw them in the freezer to see how well they will hold up. I'll revise the review when I go to use them.

My only complaint is the noise level this thing produces, it's quite loud to me. Enough so that I pulled out my decibel meter and at normal operating distance (2-3 feet away) it measured 74 dbs. That is just slightly quieter than our vacuum cleaner.

So if a little bit of noise isn't an issue, this FoodSaver FM2000-000 is an awesome buy!

Immaculate Baking Mix, Gluten Free Cookie Double Chocolate, 17.5 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Price: $39.60

5.0 out of 5 stars They don't taste gluten free... :), August 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First and foremost I am not gluten intolerant nor do I have celiac disease, however I do enjoy eating a fairly clean diet. With a list of only a dozen or so ingredients, I decided to give these a try. On top of all of these, I am also not one who normally uses dump and bake mixes... so this was kind of new territory for me.

Following the directions was super easy. Dump mix into a bowl, add oil, egg, mix, and bake. I was a little worried due to the fact that I don't have whole eggs, only egg whites, and thought that might screw it up a bit. 11 minutes later the cookies were cooked.

I let them cool for a few minutes then dug right in. Amazingly, they tasted like any normal cookie I would normally make. Not dry, super chocolaty, ZERO complaints!

These were so good, I am actually going to look into the other Immaculate Baking mixes. So hands down, they taste great!

OXO Good Grips Microfiber Delicate Duster
OXO Good Grips Microfiber Delicate Duster
Price: $6.99
3 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like magic on all my small goodies..., August 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Being a dude, I have a few collectibles (figures and such) that I absolutely hate dusting due to their small nature. Normal dusters just can't get into all the little crevices and just spread dust all over the place. The only solution I had up until this duster was cleaning them with compressed air... while it worked, it was a pain.

Well this little guy just made cleaning small items much more easy.

The fine strands of microfiber do an awesome job of getting into all the little spaces and grabbing onto the dust.

The removable head is a cinch to clean.

Without a doubt, this is an awesome duster for cleaning small and delicate objects. ZERO complaints

Bespolitan Premium Latex Resistance Exercise Band Set (11-Piece), 48-Inch
Bespolitan Premium Latex Resistance Exercise Band Set (11-Piece), 48-Inch
Price: $16.20
3 used & new from $15.99

2.0 out of 5 stars No labeling as to what the resistance levels are..., August 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I find first impressions are quite important, especially when it comes to a piece of fitness equipment. Upon opening the package I was a quite underwhelmed.

First thing out of the pouch was a crumpled up piece of paper with a few pictures on it. These were what I assumed were the instructions or a pictorial of what I am suppose to use these bands for... not a good start.

Included with the set are two handles, two velcro straps, and another nylon 'strap' sort of object that I have yet to figure out what it is used for (if anyone knows what the single nylon strap that has a hard marble sewn into the end of it, please let me know).

What I was really disappointed with was the lack of documentation as to what resistance level each band was. There is no labeling on the bands, there is no paper work that tells you what level the bands are... not cool.

Overall, they work, just don't expect much.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20