Profile for Robert D. Watson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 196

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert D. Watson RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Guild 2 Renaissance [Download]
The Guild 2 Renaissance [Download]
Price: $2.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating but utterly enjoyable., July 6, 2014
The Guild 2 Renaissance is without a doubt, the best of the Guild series, as there is so much to do. You start businesses, court lovers, run for political office, you can become a thief or a robber, post nasty political propaganda around town, and you need to keep on top of things like war, the plague, and political undercurrents. It's very complicated, but worth learning. What's more is that this game actually works, which is not something that you can always say about the other games in this series.

Unfortunately, there is no tutorial with this game, and the options of things you can do are sometimes very difficult to figure out. I still haven't found out everything, and I've sunk many hours into this game. There are plenty of somewhat-tutorials on Youtube, but even they can't cover it all. This is a really fun game to explore, and although frustrating, it's worth it.

Folkmanis Baby Sloth Hand Puppet
Folkmanis Baby Sloth Hand Puppet
Offered by MoreQualityLessMoney
Price: $22.38
18 used & new from $22.38

3.0 out of 5 stars Sloth puppet., June 30, 2014
We got the sloth because we just didn't want our daughter playing with teddy bears and dog puppets, so she has an octopus, a dinosaur, and now a sloth puppet. Unfortunately, even with limited use, we're already seeing some popped stitches in the arm of our sloth, enough that my fingers visibly poke through, and we find the velcro on his hands to be scratchy on skin, and clingy on basically every other puppet show item we have in the house.

Fitbit Zip Wireless Activity Tracker, Charcoal
Fitbit Zip Wireless Activity Tracker, Charcoal
Price: $48.99
32 used & new from $48.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my most important puchases ever., June 30, 2014
I don't go anywhere without this thing.

Personally, I think this is by far the best of the fitbit line, and only the writstband model would be competition. The bit itself is accurate, durable, and my wife's has even survived a few trips through the washing machine unharmed. The case is perfectly molded to the body of the bit, and fits easily on pant pockets, or, as Fitbit recommends, on underwear. It's bluetooth enabled, and unloads your data automatically, although if you replace a battery, it does need to be Synced manually so the time will match up.

We had the bar version earlier, and we didn't like the way that it felt. It was significantly larger than this model, and didn't clip onto our clothes as nicely, and as a result, we broke both of our models soon after getting them. The wristband model is decent, although it is much more expensive, and it's not nearly as discreet, and it's hard to justify wearing it in certain environments.

Both my wife and I have found that it's excellent motivation to get up and get moving, and that's exactly why you'd want one.

Luvs With Ultra Leakguards Size 3 Diapers 186 Count
Luvs With Ultra Leakguards Size 3 Diapers 186 Count
Price: $32.99
18 used & new from $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best and chepest., June 30, 2014
These are the best diapers, and they're the cheapest. We love our Luvs. Enough said.

Remember Me - Xbox 360
Remember Me - Xbox 360
Offered by Galactics
Price: $13.10
111 used & new from $6.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Potentially great, actually bad., June 30, 2014
This is a game with a ton of potential. For every point in it's favor, there is a counterpoint. The acrobatics are nice, but the world is so linear, and you will almost always make the jump. The story starts out in a compelling world, but eventually just drops you off in a world full of zombies and robots. Combat is done in the style of God of War, and you have two- to four-button combos that you can create yourself. Unfortunately, all strikes are very plain, and combat is a chore, as is the climbing and exploration aspects of the game. I'd try a sequel, if just because the setting and story are so unique, but like Mirror's Edge, if the whole game is broken, a few great ideas don't make it fun.

Strain: The Bioengineering Game
Strain: The Bioengineering Game
Offered by P Coast Partners
Price: $21.82
22 used & new from $11.06

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm pretty surprised that this game has as many good reviews ..., June 30, 2014
I'm pretty surprised that this game has as many good reviews as it does. Our experience was not very good.

First and foremost, the instruction booklet for this game is very much open for interpretation. Certain ideas are implied, but never actually explained, and we needed to go to YouTube to find the video explanations on how to get started. Even after that, we were a bit foggy on some of the rules. It took about 3 games to really figure it out.

After that, that game was....OK. It's a great concept, but there isn't enough variety of cards for me. I found a lot of viruses that all do basically the same thing, a few types of cytoplasm which are similarly interchangeable, and a few helpful mitochondria, several of which are quite overpowered in comparison to the rest. Because there isn't much in terms of card variety, we couldn't find multiple paths to victory. My friends and I entered into long periods of limbo where we each killed off whatever the others were doing each turn, and making little progress. Eventually, we learned that the best (in our case, only) strategy is to create one super organism that destroys everything, and then to make little organisms for points. And then the game became just a competition to see who could do that. Other strategies did not seem to be particularly useful.

I think there is a lot of potential for a good game here. I love the ideas, and I like the educational aspects of learning about cell parts, I just wish the whole thing worked a little better. I also believe this game to be a bit overpriced, as you get only cards and tokens, and small ones at that.

Epson WorkForce WF-3620 Wireless and WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, 2-Sided Auto Duplex, ADF, Fax. Prints from Tablet/Smartphone. AirPrint Compatible. (C11CD19201)
Price: $161.49
3 used & new from $161.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Laser Performance?, June 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This printer offers "Beyond Laser Performance," or so it claims, which is a major misnomer. It's not a true laser printer, but "beyond" seems to indicate some kind of advantage. Well, it's not faster than laser, it's not more efficient than laser (runs out of ink faster, although admittedly it's not quite so expensive to replace the cartidges). However, despite this, I really do like this printer. It prints very quickly, and the prints are very nice looking, even black and white.

- It prints on both sides of the page which is very cool. My other Epson can't do that.
- The non-Epson cartidges available on Amazon (just do a search) DO work (and they cost a fraction of the price).
- Network setup was pretty easy, and it's wireless if you take the time to configure it.
- The touchscreen is a cool feature, but it's only a little larger than 2 inches wide, so my beefy fingers have difficulty with it.
- Obviously, since I already mentioned that I own another Epson, so the brand is one that I've been loyal to for a while now, and for good reason.

It's a great printer. Put this one at the top of your list.

Huggies Little Movers Diapers, Size 3, 174 Count
Huggies Little Movers Diapers, Size 3, 174 Count
Price: $41.98
4 used & new from $41.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Huggies little movers, May 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My little one has recently discovered how to move around, so I bought some little movers hoping that they would help her stay a little drier now that she wiggles more. These diapers are significantly thinner than the Luvs and Pampers that I currently use, and significantly higher along the waist. The latter is a good thing, the former is not so much. I haven't had any leakage problems yet, but I kind of assume that there will be problems if I'm not able to get to them in time.

Enfamil Reguline Milk-Based Powder with Iron Infant Formula, 20.4 Ounce
Enfamil Reguline Milk-Based Powder with Iron Infant Formula, 20.4 Ounce
Price: $24.99
7 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, May 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What's great about this product is that it really does help with constipation problems, even from the second or third feeding. That's not easy with formula, especially with a formula that supplements with iron, which our doctor says increases constipation. This is a fantastic solution, and is comparable with other Enfamil products, so switching shouldn't be much of a problem.

Tide High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent, Coldwater Clean Fresh Scent, 48 Loads, 92 Fl Oz
Price: $11.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Harsh detergent, but effective, May 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For laundry soap, I'm one of those guys who tends to avoid Tide because it's twice the cost of a bargain brand. Once you get to try it, you do see some major advantages to using it. Tide is much stronger than my usual bargain brand, and my clothes look fresher and newer coming out of the wash. Colors are brighter, and while I'm not 100% sold on the scent, but I think that if you're like me and find a lot of food stains from your young child all over your work clothes, this will make sure that they go away. I love that.

Unfortunately, because of the strength of the detergent, it is harsh on my baby's clothes. She's nine months old, and beyond the stage where she needed baby laundry detergent by more than six months now, but Tide didn't go so well. We'll have to wait a little while before we go back to this for her clothes, while the bargain brands will allow us to throw her clothes in with ours without problem.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20