Profile for Lilien > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lilien RSS Feed (Croatia, Europe)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Tidal
Tidal
485 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars it definetely deserves 5 stars !!!!!!, April 21, 2001
This review is from: Tidal (Audio CD)
Wow! Wow!
Fiona Apple's music is the most elegant music. It compares to Loreena McKennitt and Sarah McLachlan. Here lies true talent and beauty! Fiona's voice is so gorgeous that when you see a photo of her, your jaw drops. Such a small person with such a huge, deep, powerful voice.
"Never is a Promise" and "Shadowboxer" are my favorites. Very moody, but gorgeously intelligent and deep in raw emotion. But the whole CD can play and you will never want to change the track.
Tidal is a classic. It should be one of those albums that stays in your collection forever and never leaves.

Transylvanian Regurgitations
Transylvanian Regurgitations
Offered by cdgiveaways
Price: $7.75
42 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars dissapointing in the aspect that its become heavy music, April 7, 2001
I am going to say I am dissapointed in this piece. I was looking for something more melodic and dreamy and I got MM remixing "ancient historical" music. I love "Thanks for the Ether". I am also a lover of History so this is ridicilous compared to my tastes which range from Loreena McKennitt, medieval Dead Can Dance and Harmoni Mundi label music.
Melora, whats happened? Please don't dissapoint the fans that adore, love, the old fashioned cellos. Don't replace them with heavy drums, please! Stay old-fashioned.
But it is too late.......

The Vampire Book: The Encyclopedia of the Undead
The Vampire Book: The Encyclopedia of the Undead
by J. Gordon Melton
113 used & new from $0.68

4.0 out of 5 stars very informative, March 30, 2001
I love this book for its history of vampires and Goth movements in the 80s. Please rent it or purchase it if you're interested. It's fascinating, especially Lilith and Queen Bathory.

The Gods of Eden
The Gods of Eden
by William Bramley
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.70
107 used & new from $2.28

4.0 out of 5 stars terrified me, i mean *really* terrified me!, March 24, 2001
If you would like to loose sleep and loose your perception of your reality and gain someone else's this is the book for you. It shocked me so much that I threw it away in the trash out of immense fear. I regret it now because I know the author is right. Please read this book regarding wars, humanity, aliens and religious history. It is brilliantly researched and wise. When you finish it, post your reply here so I may see if you've had the same reaction. The reaction that terrified you!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2008 10:09 AM PDT

Flying Serpents and Dragons: The Story of Mankind's Reptilian Past
Flying Serpents and Dragons: The Story of Mankind's Reptilian Past
by R. A. Boulay
Price: $14.32
57 used & new from $10.58

3.0 out of 5 stars nicely researched, March 21, 2001
this book is excellent to read if you enjoy myths which might have elements of truth. i treasure this book in my library as its good stuff to spook yourself. i think the author may be telling the truth on some ideas. just read it and enjoy... thats all we can do truly! we can't know anything until the serpents come.

Heidi [VHS]
Heidi [VHS]
VHS
Offered by 3D Collectibles
Price: $0.99
89 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely absolutely perfect, March 20, 2001
This review is from: Heidi [VHS] (VHS Tape)
I viewed this film and realized how ugly I am compared to such a beautiful person as Heidi. She was so patient, caring, loving and wise. Please if you ever want to see a good film and you want to waste almost 3 hours of your life on films SEE THIS FILM!
The outside beauty makes you feel so ugly within... I am not kidding. It's that beautiful!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2008 5:33 PM PDT

Thanks For The Ether
Thanks For The Ether
Price: $11.98
39 used & new from $0.69

4.0 out of 5 stars historical, fairy tale like... don't miss this...even if you, March 4, 2001
This review is from: Thanks For The Ether (Audio CD)
just hear it. Of all the CDs released out there, this is one of those which everyone should hear, and then purchase or throw away. It ranks with CDs such as October Project and the original Switchblade Symphony. This is Rasputina's ultimate best. Also, please hear October Project if you like Rasputina. All have a fairy tale, historical, biblical feel. Myths, lessons, all fit well with these.

Hans Christian Andersen: The Complete Fairy Tales and Stories (Anchor Folktale Library)
by Virginia Haviland
Price: $18.12
93 used & new from $5.31

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous and well-crafted., February 22, 2001
I received this book as a gift for my 20th birthday. I am very pleased with it. I recomend it, and especially for its beautifully crafted and translated material. Enjoy! There are so many so many tales... I love it!

Understanding Sexuality: The Mystery of Our Lost Identities
Understanding Sexuality: The Mystery of Our Lost Identities
by Roy Masters
21 used & new from $3.56

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, the truth, February 19, 2001
The things I have read in the book are amazing! Half of the things that were written by Roy, I saw within myself and boy did it hurt. It's unbearable, but its true!

A Little Princess [VHS]
A Little Princess [VHS]
VHS
Offered by HomeInnovation
Price: $5.87
146 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Very womanly and sensitive...it has a fairy tale quality..., January 24, 2001
This review is from: A Little Princess [VHS] (VHS Tape)
which brushes the heart like a brush upon a canvas. I have viewed this film many many times. A couple of nights ago, I even viewed it two times in a row. I absolutely love it.
I went to a mall to purchase it and traveled on a bus to get there. When I was returning a lady that was sitting in front of me heard me talk about the film with my friend whom came with me. She immediately turned around and said she loved the film too. Now the funny thing is this lady is in her 40s! I laughed and realized people will always love old-fashioned tales of good winning over evil with a fairy tale quality.
As was written on the VHS, "this movie is magic and stunningly beautiful!" and it is. Although I am not Indian, nor am I aware of any of the Hindu tales, Sara Crewe was very aware of the tales in the film. As you watch this movie you learn much about the fantasy oriented tales India had. Even her father said, "India is the only place that stirs the imagination!"
Above all this, I recomend this film to all women and little girls who want to see a fairy tale. It is most like Cinderella.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4