Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her  Fine Art Deals Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Deals on DOTD
Profile for The WB > Reviews

The WB's Profile

Customer Reviews: 61

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

The WB RSS Feed (Las Vegas, NV)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Cable Matters® Gold Plated 3.5mm Stereo Audio Male to Female Extension Cable 15 Feet
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cable but end caps come lose all the time, March 23, 2015
My mistake when I ordered - I ordered a cable too long, but that is my fault. No deduction for my error.

The cable came as delivered -- on time as Amazon does.

The end caps screw on to the plug assembly to protect the soldered wire connections inside. They tend to lose up themselves when the cable is stretched or moved. I have to keep re-tightening the ends all the time. My gripe, but this is my only one for this cable.

What I like
* Gold plated ends for electrical connection
* Thick cable with reinforcement webbing around the wires inside
* My head phones plug in securely
* I have not had them come lose or lose connection when plugged in
* In a couple words - this cable just works at a great price

Looking for an extension non-coiled cable for your headphones, look no further. Your purchase of this model will make you happy.

Garmin Portable Friction Mount - Frustration Free Packaging
Garmin Portable Friction Mount - Frustration Free Packaging
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Skeptial at first, sold 100% today - highly recommended, March 23, 2015
Skeptical. That was and is the best description I had prior to purchase.

How could this mount stay put on the dash of the car and hold my Garmin Nuvi secure? The dash board slants, the car moves and motion will cause it to move around. I envisioned my Nuvi and this mount flying off the dash and into the door glass or worse.

Moving to Nevada last year, a non-windshield mount state, I had to do something. Using an air vent mount for a while, but it was not a permanent solution. I took the plunge with a flash sale at Amazon. Boy, I couldn't be happier.

* The foam bottom will stick like glue to any dashboard (unless you Armor All the dash heavily causing a slick surface condition)
* The mounting arm is Garmin, so my mounting bracket worked perfectly.
* My current unit is a Nuvi 1490T- plenty of room below the mount, so it is not touching the dash
* My winter friend owns a Magellan 7" unit and bought one after seeing and using mine -- he was sold after the first trip
* In sum - it just works! Nuff said and no longer skeptical

More and more states are cracking down on windshield mounts for personal GPS units, this mount's cost is far less then an equipment violation handed to you by the local police department. If you are looking for a bean bag mount, look no further.

Buy this mount and you will not be sorry.

Liftmaster 823lm Remote Light Switch
Liftmaster 823lm Remote Light Switch
Offered by Open Door Discount Remotes
Price: Click here to see our price
8 used & new from $29.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful expansion of Garage Lighting options, March 23, 2015
We bought a new house in February. The builder included a "MyQ" link garage door opener made by LiftMaster. Excellent installation choice, one less thing to buy and install when we move in.

Hit the garage door opener, two lights came on and I had to squint to see what was going on out in the garage. The garage door opener lights were dimmed due to the frosted plastic lamp shields on the opener. Making matters worse, the builder included just one (yes "1") garage light overhead. Great. If I want more light, I had to come up with something as an alternative.

Searching high and low, the Chamberlin/LiftMaster (all the same company with the same accessories), I saw this remote light switch. Gasping at the $36.00 price tag, I bit the bullet based on reviews and purchased it. Very glad I did. Replaced the wall switch with the LiftMaster switch and programmed it to come on when the garage door opens and closes. Further, the one bulb lamp was partially replaced with two (2) electrical outlet screw in adapter and installed 2 - 4" LED Feit shop lights to illuminate the garage when the door is opened

What I like:
* Three ways to program this switch
1) Using the learn function on the garage door opener remote to an open line on the remote,
2) Program this switch as a second accessory to the control head/motor (the option I chose)
3) Internet Gateway access pairing this switch to the gateway (extra cost with limited benefit)
* 300 watts of power control for incandescent or LED lighting
* 2.5 Amps for CFL lighting options
* You can program up to eight (8) other MyQ components to this switch to expand usefulness
* The switch can be operated manually so you do not have to open the door to turn on the garage ceiling lights
* The installation instructions were clear - must be sure the hot side (line and load wires) are wired to the switch properly
* Per the instruction, you have to wait about 10 minutes for the new switch to activate before programming
* Programming was simple - learn button on the switch first. Press the Learn button
* Next, press the Learn button on the garage door motor
* Total installation time - 20 minutes including switch startup

Could have been better:
* The antenna wire is about 5" long. We had to stuff the wire around the switch and push it back to put the switch plate cover back on
* Very tight fit inside my switch box
* There is about a 1/2 to 1 second delay from pushing the door opener button and the motor lights coming and the switch activating the lights
* This is a one way switch - you cannot use it as a 3 or 4 way switch
* The manual light switch must be in the off position before it will automatically work with the opener if used with the garage door opener to activate the switch like me

All told, now I have five (5) lights coming on when we open the garage door, not just the two in the motor unit.

One final point - make sure you color balance your light bulbs. The small CFL's twist bulbs are a warm white color and the LED shop lights are a natural white color. Looked weird inside the garage when the lights came on at night. Replacing the CFL bulbs with natural light color and everything looks good at night.

If you have the same problem I had and own a MyQ garage door, check this switch out. It greatly expands your garage lighting options.

Garmin GTM 25 Traffic Receiver (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Garmin GTM 25 Traffic Receiver (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Houston Books and Collectibles
Price: $87.95
6 used & new from $29.98

5.0 out of 5 stars GTM-36 cable for exact replacement for the GTM-25 OEM cable, March 23, 2015
Last summer in Las Vegas, the original GTM-25 cord shorted out and vapor locked my GPS unit. Thinking that it may be time to upgrade units, I started my search. Seeing the prices and what features I would get, the replacement Traffic Receiver unit was my next best alternative.

My Nüvi 1490T came with the GTM-25 cable. That unit was purchased at Costco in 2010. After years of service, the cable give out. Ordered this unit. What I received was a GTM-36 cable. Concerned, poked around to see if this unit was compatible with traffic reception in the USA. Long story short - Yes it is.

Others have complained that traffic alerts stopped coming up when using this replacement cable. I have not experienced this problem in Las Vegas (home), Phoenix, AZ or LA, CA. Driving through these areas, traffic worked the same as on my old GTM-25 cable.

The cable is an actual Garmin cable. It is not a generic knockoff like you may think.

If your Garmin unit is giving you power/traffic issues, this cable just may be the best alternative short of replacing a perfectly good working Garmin Nüvi unit.

Koss Communications USB Headset with Microphone (CS100-USB)
Koss Communications USB Headset with Microphone (CS100-USB)
Price: $21.26
119 used & new from $20.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Koss, March 23, 2015
Purchased a new computer last July. This new system is a whole lot more powerful than my last system, so I went down the road of VOIP through Google Hangouts on this computer to make local and long distance telephone calls. Holding a cell phone or using a bluetooth ear piece can be challenging and my arm gets sore holding the phone for any length of time.

Read a whole lot of reviews for headsets, particularly USB headsets. Came across this headset. I've always had good luck with Koss products, My first was back in the early 70's with the Koss Pro4-AA headphones. Used them for years before something happened that caused me to discard them in the trash. Dumb me. I could have sent them in to be rebuilt and returned in perfect working order. Oh well, live and learn.

Anyway, I came across this combo 2 ear speaker headset. Peaked my interest and the favorable reviews made my decision. After 9 months of constant use, here is what I have learned:

* Lightweight head set that has two ear sound (I'm half deaf)
* Foam pad for ear protection while resting on your ears
* The ear pad's have some swivel to them for comfort
* The headset hugs your head, but not too tightly
* I wear glasses and I don't have problems with the ear pads digging into my glasses with excessive force
* 2 hour conference calls and my ears remain comfortable
* Adjustable boom mic with noise cancellation capability really helps
* The USB cable is more than long enough - at times too long
* The boom mic swivels up over your head if you want to listen to music
* Lifetime warranty - like better Koss headphones
* The headband adjustment from head to ear height is nice to fit any shaped head

What I don't like:
* I have to keep readjusting the top of the headset over time
* The top band is narrow (3/4"), the head band on top should be wider

On conference calls with multiple people, you can hear everyone clearly. On a single call to a Land line, you hear absolutely nothing (like hiss, pops or clicks). You and your callers feel they are standing right next you talking to each other.

I have not installed my old version of Dragon Dictate, so I cannot comment about Voice Recognition.

I can comment about Google Voice Search in Chrome and the accuracy is spot on. What I request via voice search come up every time.

For the price and the quality, you cannot beat this headset.

Fishing Hiking Outdoor Hat (02)-Olive W10S30F - Large
Fishing Hiking Outdoor Hat (02)-Olive W10S30F - Large
Offered by PUT IT ON MY TAB
Price: $6.21
3 used & new from $6.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like my old Ralph Lauren Polo Fishing hat at 1/5 the cost, March 23, 2015
Last week, the old Fishing hat of mine , sun faded and worn after 16 years melted down in the wash machine. So a replacement was in order.

Looking on line, I came across this hat on Amazon. Great price for one that was nearly identical to my old Polo Fishing hat. Only having one size listed, I took the chance and bought it. Fits great.

What I like:
* I wanted another green hat, so my wife can spot me when we are out and about
* The brim width is 3" all the way around
* Hat on, the brim covers my ears and the top of my glasses completely
* Put a "Polo" emblem on the front of the hat, you have the same hat that cost $55.00 elsewhere if made by Polo
* Cut the chin strap off - it just gets in the way
* The hat is made in China - others I saw were made in Bangladesh and not quite as good sewing

Overall, I'm pleased with this hat. Living in an area with intense sun all day (Las Vegas, NV), protection to ones head and ears are critical, lest you get sunburned for not having protection.

Fidelity Investments
Fidelity Investments
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Great app that has developed bugs that the developers ignore, March 10, 2015
This review is from: Fidelity Investments (App)
I have used this app for years. Watching it evolve into a really good app to monitor and control your Fidelity account's on-line anywhere that needs be.

My enjoyment grew even more when they introduced deposit of checks on-line. The first upgrade to this new feature was great! I had a number of small checks - snapped the pictures and filled out the electronic deposit slip and my deposit was made. Kinda crazy to either mail or drive to a service center for a $10 customer rebate check.

As this app matured, the check deposit feature started to suffer. My first set of problems started with weekend deposits. Attempting to deposit a check on weekends ended in total frustration. Come 9:00 AM Monday morning, my deposit would go through with no incidents. Now, making any deposits with multiple checks, I get an error message that the "check numbers cannot be read - retake picture and if fails, mail the check to Fidelity".

* In the picture - you can read everything clearly
* The exposure was taken in direct sunlight on the porch
* Black background bordering the check
* At home on WiFi so no connection issues.

How can Fidelity let a product like this slip into such disrepair. Nobody can directly get to Fidelity to express their views of this latest problem and app bug - yes Fidelity - BUG of your program. Somebody who is testing this app is doing a really bad job and needs to listen to complaints in the user arena.

I am not alone here. Read other reviews anywhere and you will see this is a problem.

Cheetah Mounts APTMM2B TV Wall Mount for 32-65" TVs (Many from 20-75") Specifically fits up to VESA 600X400, 165lbs, and both 16 and 24 in studs, with a Flush 1.5" Profile and includes a Twisted Veins 10' Braided HDMI Cable and a 6 Inch, 3-Axis Magnetic Bubble Level
Offered by SPN Performance
Price: $25.61
13 used & new from $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't wait, mount your flat screen today with this kit!, March 3, 2015
Finally getting around to mounting my 55" Samsung TV to the wall today. After researching for a kit, this one stuck out with the amount of satisfied customers who purchased already.

I needed a wider gap between the rails, so the mounting brackets will clear the cable and power openings on the wall. This unit fits the bill perfectly. When the TV is mounted, it covers the two wall plates - one for power and the second as a HDMI cable run. Everything is now behind the TV so nothing is visible to the viewer sitting on a chair watching this TV.

The Good:
* Easy kit to put together.
* The mounting holes to the wall are oblong to allow for mounting adjustment.
* A separate plastic level was included - I used 2 levels to install this kit.
* The 10' HDMI cable was included - 30 AGW cable, but it looks like my Blue Rigger cables
* There is a typo - the transfer rate of this cable should read 10.2 gb/sec not 10.2 mb/sec.
* There was a micro fiber cloth included to clean the LCD screen
* There was also a LED keychain light in the kit too - my wife likes it.
* When bolted together - the frame mounting to the wall is solid.
* 3 Velcro cable ties are also included in this kit
* The TV mounting bolt kit has washers, spacers and star washers inside - perfect fit on my Samsung TV with the spacers provided
* Open the lower mounting lock before installation to save some grief.
* Took about 1 hour to assemble, mark and drill the mounting holes and then mount the frame to the wall.
* Yes, don't use the little level provided, please use the bigger level (two if you have them) to be sure the mount is on the money.
* You can check the distance from the floor to the bottom of the bracket mount with a tape measure just to confirm level.

The not so good:
* The mounting lag bolts were OK, but bought 4 new ones at Lowes
* This mount is close to the wall - if you want something connected from behind, do it when you install the TV.
* The included clip on "bubble level" is a bit cheesy - use the longer included level or bigger to be sure
* Two people are really needed to mount the rails to the wall without major frustration of novice installation
* My bracket was pulled away from the wall on the lower left corner - the unit may not mount totally flush against your wall on all four corners
* NO 90 degree HDMI adapter was included in this kit unlike other Twisted Veins cable assemblies sold on Amazon.

I would have installed this mount quicker if I didn't have to run out to buy a 9 volt replacement battery for the stud finder. 2 minutes after installing the new battery, I had the studs zeroed in, the holes drilled, ratchet in hand and tightening the mounting bolts up. Two small levels, one on each side of the bracket did the trick.

Overall, I can see why so many people have raved about this kit. Easy to assemble, install and most importantly, enjoy your flat screen TV on the wall for just the fraction of the cost of a mounting kit from a big box retailer.

TurboTax Deluxe 2014 Fed + State + Fed Efile Tax Software - Win [Old Version]
TurboTax Deluxe 2014 Fed + State + Fed Efile Tax Software - Win [Old Version]
Price: $59.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, but a greedy company who wants to extort you every chance they can, January 8, 2015
We have something in common.

We all paid a premium price to TT, only to be extorted by TT to forceably upgrade our purchase to do common tasks that were previously included in the Deluxe version of TT in the past. For shame.

This year, I had a K-1 filing. Simple form that was included in years past. Unless I spend another $30 plus state sales tax to upgrade to Premier , TT Deluxe would not take process my K-1. The form was not even listed in the forms section of the program.

Quicken went down that path with forced upgrades to keep on-line updates of banking and credit card transactions. The program is good for 3 years and then "poof" this feature is shut off overnight. I'm still fuming over that one and I am working on an alternative now. I have two years to find it and I will do just that.

Very disappointed with TT and Quicken products right now. Like many others here, I will be using H&R Block next year and into the future.

Intuit, you have dug into my pocket for the very last time. Good bye and I hope sales plunge next year to a point you see the error of your greedy ways!

2014-01-09 - Update

Pandora's box has been flung open and the goblins are now out with NO hope of putting them back in without direct damage to Intuit and their reputation.

Yes, I too received one of the condescending responses from Intuit today. There was absolutely no sincerity in their response to my review and adding insult to injury, the tone of their response was dubious in their sincerity to make things right for the end customer.

Right now, Intuit is in full damage control mode. Reading back over the last 700 comments tonight, "Bob's" comments went from 1) you shouldn't expect what you got in years past and read the fine print on the box, to 2) we have made changes to align our product lines both on-line and on home computers uniformly to finally, 3) change can be challenging. These statements only threw gasoline on the fire in an attempt to put this PR blunder fire out.

Intuit working these forums as hard as they are right now makes me think that Intuit is really seeing the mess they made. They are trying to see how they can dig themselves out of this and try to save face at the same time. From my vantage point, Intuit is not doing a very good job right now. How much worse is it going to get before Intuit takes some drastic action that should have been done at the outset of this problem?

As one other reviewer put is so eloquently describing the current state of things (I'm paraphrasing) -- This blunder will be taught as a Marketing 101 case study in Business Schools.

This mess has taken on a life of its own. I, for one, am interested to see what will happen at the end of this disaster. Stay tuned for more interesting developments.

2015-01-23 - Update

Finally, Intuit admits to their stupid mistake.

They are now offering a $25 "rebate" for people who were forced to pay for the upgrade.

First, I paid $30 plus 8.1% state sales tax, so I am not made whole. I'm still out of pocket $7(+) even with the rebate

Second - a rebate that you have to jump through hoops to get, many many months from now. There are too many weasel ways out of this and Intuit will do just that.

Lastly - to process the rebate, the very first question, out of the box - Intuit wants your Social Security number. What??!!

I'll be dipsticked to give Intuit this most precious of precious numbers after this major screw up. Who knows where it will end up with these clowns. I didn't have to give my SS# to buy TT Deluxe, I didn't have to give my SS# to purchase my extorted copy of "Premier", I never gave a SS# on any Intuit product rebalte in the past, what makes you ,think I will do it now.

Like I said before - POUND SAND Intuit!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2015 5:34 PM PST

Walker Edison Coronado TV Console, Black
Walker Edison Coronado TV Console, Black
Price: $135.15
7 used & new from $135.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid cabinet, but with some Quality Control issues, September 5, 2014
We have been looking for a large screen TV cabinet for some time. They were either too big, too bulky or very cheaply made with a premium price tag attached.

This one came up on a Lightning deal yesterday morning. Ordered it and was delivered overnight on Prime. Kudos Amazon -- I cannot ask for better.

We put it together this afternoon. Following the directions to the letter, but some of the instructions are confusing with the pictures skewed in such a way as to make a mistake putting it together. I only had to take it partially apart twice during assembly. As the process neared the end, I learned that several of the parts needed for final assembly were missing. They were:
* The pull handle bolts (2) on one side
* The 4 door hinge bushings that fit in the top and bottom of the door pins.

Looking through the assembly manual, there was no CS number I could call to order missing parts. Besides, I would have to disassemble and then reassemble and realign the doors once again. I improvised these shortcomings and made it work. Even with the slop in the hinges, the doors work correctly.

One more negative point - the photofilm finish was peeling off one of the front legs. Luckily it was on the side that faced the back of the cabinet so it is not unsightly. Very disappointed with Q.C. when this box left the factory. The finish issue should have never passed Final Inspection at the factory.

This unit is packed very tightly inside the shipping box in what appears to have been a Styrofoam junkies party or some package engineers fear of breakage. There seemed to be as much Styrofoam strips and sheets as there was in actual cabinet contents. Also, the foam packing is of lower quality, so be prepared to clean up a shavings mess when the project is done. Just a quick heads up.

Now, the cabinet itself is great.
* The cut outs in back are spaced just right to accommodate my DVR and Blu-ray player without any problems.
* Came with special screw clips to secure the back solidly to the cabinet.
* The remotes for both devices work perfectly through the glass doors.
* The door glass is tempered glass (little stickers on the panes themselves).
* The base is solid as a rock after complete assembly
* We have a Samsung 55" TV on top and it over hangs the edge by about an inch on each side.
* Even though it says for set's up to 48", 55" set will fit just fine.
* The color is black, so it will do with any furniture color or pattern you have.
* Allow yourself several hours to assemble.
* You do not need the glue supplied - the dowel pins and cam locks are tight enough on their own.
* This unit is HEAVY - printed on the box was a weight tag -- 115 lbs.

If all of the proper parts were included and better Q.C of the parts on the final inspection, I could easily give this cabinet a 5 star rating.

For the price I paid, I can overlook these shortcomings, but at full Amazon price, I would have been much less satisfied with this purchase. That is why I am only giving 4 stars and I hope the manufacturer reads this and corrects both points listed above for future purchaser's of this cabinet.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7