Profile for Lisa > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lisa RSS Feed

The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet
The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet
by Robb Wolf
Price: $14.38
220 used & new from $2.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed My Life, December 16, 2010
I was introduced to the Paleo Solution by a trainer and good friend of mine after I had my second baby this year. I had always complained in the past about being so tired all the time. I could never get enough sleep, never mind stay focused for a full day at work. Suddenly, being a full time mom and working full time were starting to burn me out. I worked out regularly using kettlebells and jogging, but plateaued from exhaustion all the time. Since I have always been active, I didn't need to lose a ton of weight (maybe 15 pounds), but let's just say my comfort clothes were no longer very flattering and I still kept all my skinny clothes from back in the day hoping that I would fit back into them at some point.

She suggested that I try the Paleo Solution. I was VERY skeptical at first because I love candy. No, really, I do and having to give it up was just silly.....out of the question! She challenged me to 30 days and I love challenges so I agreed. Was I 100% Paleo for the first 30 days? No.... probably 90%, but that 90% helped me gain back the energy that I had lost. I never thought I would ever blame complex carbs/gluten for it, but I know now that cutting it all out has made a gigantic difference in my life and if I cheat and have that Twix bar, boy do I feel the exhaustion set in-and you know what? It doesn't taste nearly as good as it used to. I would much rather pig out on bacon or coconut now!

And about that 15 pounds, not necessarily gone... I only probably lost 7-8, but I have gone down four sizes with the muscle tone that I have built up over the last 2 months of being on this diet (Excuse me, not diet, lifestyle change). And its not bulky muscle either; its lean, toned, beautiful muscle that I plan on strutting around on the beach next Summer. I look better now that I did in my early 20s and yes, that was a while ago! Now even my skinny clothes are flattering. I have never looked or felt better. I am NEVER going back! I recommend the Paleo Solution to anyone that wants to feel good and look their best! Thank you Robb!