Profile for CP > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CP "CP" RSS Feed (Northern Virginia)

Toastess TSP-10 Silhouette Cordless 10-Cup Percolator, Brushed Stainless
Toastess TSP-10 Silhouette Cordless 10-Cup Percolator, Brushed Stainless

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this percolator!!, August 21, 2007
I really wanted a percolator and there's not a large choice on the market to begin with. I narrowed it down to this one, the Dualit 10 cup, and a Farberware. Both this pot and the Dualit are European design. I love the short, fat "Pooh" look of these pots. What sold me on the toastess was that I could see thru the little window and see the water level. It has a brushed stainless finish, rather than the shiney finish; you could unplug it from the base and take it to the table. And, it has an old-fashioned clear knob on top so you can not only hear it, but you can watch it "percing". It brings back memories of my parents percolator. Now as far as use: It's a breeze. I bought some Melitta percolator filters and this makes clean-up a breeze. The first pot I perked, grounds got thru, but after finding the percolator filters, it's been great. The pot is easy to clean, and easy to set up. Most importantly, it begins perking within 15 seconds of setting it on the base. No kidding, I've timed it. For a full pot of coffee, 10 cups, it takes about 5-6 min from the time you set it on the base (plug it in). I've heard all of the arguments against percolators from coffee snobs, but we percolator users, know that we are in an elite secret group. I love it and it's exactly what I wanted. It makes a great pot of coffee.

How to Survive and Maybe Even Love Nursing School!: A Guide for Students by Students 2nd Edition
by Kelli S. Dunham
91 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely a nursing student must-have, May 22, 2005
I LOVED this book. It is well written, easy to read with a bit of humor thrown in. I am already finding myself turning to this book again and again as a resource. Along with advice on surviving nursing school and getting the most from your clinical experience, she goes into searching for that first job, resumes, and a little bit of everything. I really think she touches on everything. In addition, she lists many fantastic websites for everything from financial aid to nursing affiliations. She really covers all the bases. I can't say enough about it and think every nursing student should read this book.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2009 1:31 AM PDT