Profile for L.C. Evans > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 194

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L.C. Evans RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hope For The Holidays
Hope For The Holidays
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Holiday Stories, October 25, 2011
The three holiday stories in Hope for the Holidays are uplifting and enjoyable and I loved all three. My favorite of the three was Patty's Angels. When I was a little girl, I delighted in stories about angels, especially guardian angels. I longed to actually see an angel and, though I never did, on one occasion I believe an angel saved me. Patty's innocence and childlike wonder are precious and eventually this sweet child and her angels help to bring joy to the lives of others.

Mazie in Shiny Green Shoes was a delightful character, as was Peach Knight. Their unlikely friendship led to great things for Mazie's future. But the holiday part of the story made Christmas of 1935 a very special one for all the people of Luther, Oklahoma, who had struggled through the depression. All the townspeople came together for an unforgettable and heartwarming celebration.

The shortest story was about a woman who didn't want to accept her daughter's husband, until a disaster taught her what was really important in life.

The writing and the descriptions are well-done and all the characters are beautifully brought to life. Very good book that would make a nice holiday gift.

Invicta Men's 1327 18k Rose Gold Ion-Plated Stainless Steel and Black Dial Watch
Price: $75.99
10 used & new from $75.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Huge Watch, September 28, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this watch thinking my husband would love it, but the watch is heavy and the face is huge. Even if we remove links from the band, the face is too big. On the plus side, the watch is attractive, though a bit too much bling, and I had no trouble setting the time. It looks well-made and I think it would stand up well if worn during sports. I'm not sure why the company would make the watch so big and heavy. Even a large man might think it's a bit much. I really wanted to give it four stars, but the hand for the day of the week is missing, so I deducted one star.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2011 10:19 AM PDT

You Can Create An Exceptional Life
You Can Create An Exceptional Life
by Louise L. Hay
Price: $13.07
114 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Book, September 28, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm already a fan of Louise Hay. I love this book by two exceptional women, Cheryl Richardson and Louise Hay. It's written in the form of conversations between the two, where Cheryl asks Louise questions about her life. Louise briefly recounts how she came to her life's work, but mostly focuses on how affirmations and changing your thoughts can lead you to a better life. The book is short, but the affirmations alone are worth the price. I love the way they are gathered together by topic at the back of the book. This makes them easy to find, especially if the reader decides to write them on notecards for easy reference.

The main thing I took away from You Can Create an Exceptional Life is the thought that it's up to me to choose. I can choose misery by focusing on all the negatives in my life, or I can choose love and happiness. It's there. All I have to do is find it, acknowledge it, and become aware of my thoughts whenever they start to drift back into negative territory. Gratitude and love are key to creating an exceptional life.

This is a book I'll read again and again.

The Worst-Case Scenario: Everest (An Ultimate Adventure Novel) (Worst-Case Scenario Ultimate Adventure)
by Bill H. Doyle
Price: $10.40
114 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and Easy to Follow, September 19, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This choose your own adventure book was fun, easy to follow, and filled with interesting facts about Everest. An "expedition file" at the end added interest with maps, real photos, and tips for staying warm and surviving on Everest. The adventures in the story include avalanches, frostbite, and a whiteout among others. Just for fun I deliberately chose the safe adventure on one read through and of course, the book quickly ended. For maximum fun, choose maximum risk. The book started with brief bios of each character which gave me a good idea of the personalities of my "fellow travelers."

I let my 10 year old grandson read the book and, though usually doesn't enjoy reading, he was quickly engrossed in the story. He also liked learning the facts about Everest and mountain climbing. Any book that gets him interested and that holds his attention all the way through is a winner as far as i'm concerned.

Ocean Waves (Alpha Relaxation Solution)
Ocean Waves (Alpha Relaxation Solution)
Price: $10.20
45 used & new from $6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but not my favorite, September 16, 2011
I have a lot of relaxation CD's. I prefer more melody mixed in with the nature sounds, but Ocean Waves does get the job done as far as making me feel relaxed. The ocean sound soothes and I usually forget it's there and drop off to sleep.

Targus Brilliance II Backpack Designed for 16-Inch Laptop - TSB219US (Black/Gray)
6 used & new from $29.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, August 18, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Targus backpack is lightweight, yet sturdy. My 16 inch laptop fits in fine and there's room for gear. I like the extra compartments, which are handy for those extra items. Recently I traveled by plane to another city and I took along my Targus, but not my laptop. Since my trip was only 2 days, I packed my clothes, toothbrush, etc. in the backpack and didn't bother with a bigger carryon. I was so pleased that the backpack fit easily under the seat, because the plane was full and there wasn't room in the overhead bins by the time I boarded. After I reached my destination, I had to do a lot of walking. The nicely padded straps on the Targus backpack were comfortable and it was very easy for me to carry.

Looks, sturdiness, capacity without being oversized--this backpack is a winner.

Cancer Can Be Cured!
Cancer Can Be Cured!
by OFM Romano Zago
40 used & new from $6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Look at an Alternative Cure, July 18, 2011
This review is from: Cancer Can Be Cured! (Paperback)
This cure in this book is not backed up by scientific study, but it is a fascinating look at an alternative method of healing cancer. Whether or not it works, readers will have to make their own judgments. I would think that anyone who was considering alternative medicine, not only for cancer, but for other conditions, would find it helpful to at least read about this simple method of using a plant that has long been thought to be medicinal and good for the human body.

I found the entire book to be well-written and very detailed. Exact recipes are given for preparing the Aloe plant as a cure. The many case histories are fascinating. Many patients who were on their deathbeds reported complete cures.

Devil Moon: A Mystic Romance
Devil Moon: A Mystic Romance
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved The Characters, July 18, 2011
Main characters Maddie and Phil were genuine and likable. All of the characters were well-drawn and interesting. Of course, Maddie and Phil clashed at first. She thought he was overbearing and he thought she was stuck up and this made for some funny moments. But despite themselves the two are drawn together. Maddie's gay friend Randy was an especially funny character and Phil's daughter Melissa was sweet and fun. She added a lot to the way Phil was pictured and father and daughter had some great scenes together.

I especially liked the southern flavor of this book and the supernatural elements, which were not overdone, but added so much to the story. The writing is fast-paced and witty. Devil Moon is a thoroughly enjoyable read from a talented author.

Joyva Tahini, 15-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6)
Joyva Tahini, 15-Ounce Packages (Pack of 6)
Offered by Nutri Snacks
Price: $60.10
5 used & new from $49.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Bitter, June 21, 2011
This tahini tastes nasty and I will never buy it again. In fact, I will throw away the rest of what's left in the can after trying it twice and ruining some good food. The taste is very bitter.

Ever-Flowing Streams: Tapping into Healing Energy
Ever-Flowing Streams: Tapping into Healing Energy
Price: $3.89

5.0 out of 5 stars A Spiritual Journey, April 20, 2011
This book reached out to me when I read a sample and I had to have it. It's like the old saying, "When the student is ready, the teacher appears." My own journey to spiritual truth and awareness parallels that of the author, Dana Taylor, though I'm not yet as far along the road as she is.

Ms. Taylor recounts her journey from occasional church goer to devout Christian and beyond to the boundless energy of the Universe and how humans can tap into the energy stream to facilitate healing in themselves and others. With love, faith, and above all, forgiveness, those who believe can bring about great changes. Coming to an understanding of how the energy works throughout the Universe does not mean giving up faith in Jesus Christ or in God. Rather, use of Reiki, meditation, and tapping energy streams can enhance the spiritual experience.

I found this book to be enlightening. It is beautifully written, inspiring, and honest. In addition to the author's personal story, the book contained helpful meditations and exercises as well as a list of other books as sources of information to learn more about what God has given us.

Highly recommended for those willing to open their minds.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20