Profile for AmazonCustomerSinceAmazonSoldOnlyBooks > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 162

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AmazonCustomerSinceAmazonSoldOnlyBooks RSS Feed (Southern CA USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Wedgit White Maxi Twist Tight Adjustable Sliding Window & Door Lock extends from 25" to 42"
Price: $29.48
6 used & new from $23.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Place this in an inconspicuous location..., August 29, 2014
When properly installed, this looks clean and is easy to use. My boyfriend, however, decided to mount it where it was "easy to reach" (i.e. in the midpoint of the door, at elbow level). Do NOT do this. It looks terrible--tacky--and when in upright (unlocked) mode, it is crooked and sticks up like, well...let's just say it's at about 1:00 on the clock. When in locked-mode, it is intrusive and blocks the view from the slider. If it's in the correct position, it still has that 1:00 angle, but at least it's at your ankle-level and not your chest-level.
I had him move it.

Shoulder Dolly 2-Person Lifting and Moving System
Shoulder Dolly 2-Person Lifting and Moving System
Price: $40.87
17 used & new from $36.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for certain jobs like moving washers/dryers, August 29, 2014
This set is great for two people moving a large object like a washer or dryer. My boyfriend and I were able to rearrange my washer (to do some repairs) with relative ease (but not as easily as the ad would have you believe haha).
The units are really stiff and heavy, which is good, but at first it is difficult to figure out exactly how to use it. Follow the directions EXACTLY and you'll be just fine. Trying to look at it and figure it out will result in injury.

This set will not help you with things like refrigerators or odd shaped boxes or items like couches. The item has to be compact and easily seen over when carried at waist level.

Yorkshire Beverage Dispenser Dual with Metal Rack
Yorkshire Beverage Dispenser Dual with Metal Rack
Offered by GiftSmartOnline
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent set-up, August 26, 2014
I was looking for a nice sun tea jar for my boyfriend and this fit the bill (twice over). I love the look of the jars, but they are not heavy-duty, as you'd expect from a mason jar. The lids are a little flimsy, but fit and seal well. The dispenser nozzles are plastic and they are adjustable (angle-wise). They each have a nice seal.

The stand leaves a bit to be desired. I wish they'd put more investment in it. This works okay, and holds up under the weight of the full jars, but if it was heavier, with a more grand design, it'd really look great on the countertop. Now it just looks utilitarian.

All-in-all, from the units I found while searching, this is a decent set-up.

Shipped in proper box with lots of air-bubble packing and the box itself was well padded with Styrofoam.

Wedgit White Mini Twist Tight Adjustable Sliding Window & Door Lock extends from 15" to 25"
Price: $23.91
5 used & new from $13.04

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice in the white vinyl frame of the window., August 21, 2014
I bought this for my large sliding window. It looks nice in the frame and I feel more secure. I wish I didn't need it, but it's nice that it's there. :)

TERRO PreFilled Liquid Ant Killer II Baits 6 Pack T300
TERRO PreFilled Liquid Ant Killer II Baits 6 Pack T300
Price: $6.49
43 used & new from $0.72

5.0 out of 5 stars These work in 2 days! But a warning...do not put them around pets., August 21, 2014
These WORK! I got these for inside my new house--and I have seen a remarkable decrease in ants, and all activity is in or near the baits, and NOT in my trashcan or dog food.

Note: Do not put these where animals can get into them. They can make your pets very sick or even kill them. I had a cat get into one of these years ago and she died because of it :( Just be sure that your animals cannot get to them, because apparently they smell really sweet, and lots of animals are drawn to sweet stuff.

TERRO Outdoor Liquid Ant Bait 6 pack T1806, 2 Pack,Net Content 6.0 fl. oz per package.
Offered by Bay 15
Price: $15.30
6 used & new from $15.15

5.0 out of 5 stars These WORK for Southern California little black ants., August 21, 2014
These are simply AWESOME. I recently moved into a new house and there are ants EVERYWHERE. Inside, outside, upstairs, downstairs...and two days after putting these up, I'm seeing a remarkable decrease in ants (except in the baits). I haven't had an infestation since I put them up (knock on wood).

These were recommended to me by a good friend, and now I recommend them to you.

Note: Do NOT allow these where pets can get into them. They are poison, and will either make them very sick or kill them. I had a cat die from getting into one of these years ago...so be aware of animal access.

Ideal Pet Products 96-Inch White Patio Door with Extra Large Pet Door
Ideal Pet Products 96-Inch White Patio Door with Extra Large Pet Door
Offered by EASY LIFE FOREVER
Price: $203.99
5 used & new from $200.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Extra large is not EXTRA large...it fits my 85# pit bull. May need some machine-work if door is on shorter side, August 21, 2014
This is a beautiful doggie door. I want to be sure that is said first. The expanse of glass is nice and I like how the frame isn't so wide it inhibits the view from the back slider where it is located.

That said, the opening is pretty far off of the ground, and my beagle has to hop through it. He isn't keen on having his belly and "junk" grazing on the frame...but enough treats, and he's working with me. My pit bull is afraid of it...not sure why...it's different than their previous doggie door (previous house with shorter doors) but not "that" different. I hope he gets over his nervousness.

That said, it is NOT extra large...I bought the extra large, but it would not fit an extra large dog. My biggest is the pit bull, who is 85#. It fits him perfectly. Any bigger and he wouldn't fit through.

The height of the door is misleading. If your door is on the shorter side, you'll have to have some of the custom-sliding panel cut off to get it over the hump of your track in the doorway. I am lucky that my boyfriend has access to tools and talent like this at his work. Until then, we are using it without the insert (which isn't a huge deal, since it's so close).

Bug Off 32 by 96 Instant Screen, Fits Tall Single Doors, New Construction Homes
Bug Off 32 by 96 Instant Screen, Fits Tall Single Doors, New Construction Homes
Price: $54.95
13 used & new from $48.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Utilitarian, but fits a need. I wish it were a little wider...it's not quite wide enough for my doorway..., August 21, 2014
I wish it were wider...I put this in my door and I had to turn the sticky velcro sideways in order to get it to reach the door frame. The black magnets are really "obvious" and stand out (and not in a pretty way). All in all, this is utilitarian, and allows me to keep my balcony door open at night without bugs and bats coming inside...but once summer ends, it will be put away...

If it were 4" wider, and the magnets not so huge, it'd be awesome.

But aside from that, it's a good product. It certainly fits a need.

Remington Products R4 Lithium Power Series Rotary Shaver
Remington Products R4 Lithium Power Series Rotary Shaver
Price: $39.97
3 used & new from $33.00

4.0 out of 5 stars From a woman's point of view., August 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have lupus and cannot use a regular blade shaver on my legs because of inflammation, so I am reviewing this from a female-standpoint.

I found that this does indeed shave closely, and the charge is held long enough for me to do legs (that's a lot longer than your face, guys) and gets the fine hairs (I have blonde leg hair) without catching or missing. I like how the heads conform to my leg. I have used more expensive shavers on my legs and find that this works just as well.

It definitely does not have the look or feel of my boyfriend's high-end razors, so if you're looking for a $600 shaver in this, you're going to be disappointed. There is no cleaning mechanism beyond rinsing in the sink. It isn't as precise. But for the price, it's a great deal, and keeps me from having hairy or rashy legs ;)

Premium Magnetic Screen Door - Instant Bug Mesh. New Design, No Gaps, Velcro Sewn Into Seam; 36", Hands Free; Dont Rely on As Seen on Tv Magic Mesh, Bug Off, Magna, Mosquito Fly Curtain Closures; DIY Install, Let Fresh Air and Pets In, Keep Bugs Out
Offered by Premium Choice Products
Price: $39.99
8 used & new from $25.92

3.0 out of 5 stars Very heavy-duty...but those stripes!, August 20, 2014
I got this and the length is shorter than advertised (by only a couple of inches, but it was worthy of returning). Also, the stripes in the fabric are annoying as heck for my doorway. I'm sure they make it stronger (it is indeed heavy-duty), but they look terrible...

I returned it and bought the Bug Off version...it doesn't have the stripes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20