Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for Apple Fanatic For Life > Reviews

Browse

Apple Fanatic Fo...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 1102
Top Reviewer Ranking: 107

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Apple Fanatic For Life "We all succeed if we build up one another!" RSS Feed (Southern CA USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Kaplan LSAT Premier 2016-2017 with Real Practice Questions: Book + Online (Kaplan Test Prep)
by Kaplan
Price: $34.49
53 used & new from $29.74

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have if you're considering law school! Not a replacement for the in-person course, but still a great tool., February 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My daughter is an attorney (in California, where we both live) and graduated at the top of her class from Pepperdine Law. She scored so high on the LSAT, Kaplan (the prep class of choice, whose classes she took to prepare for the class) asked her to teach for them.

She is now urging me to attend law school. I have considered taking the LSAT, just to see where I "land".

This book is really terrific. It breaks down the concepts into small bites, and builds on those small bites with more small bites, until you've totally reworked how you think. The exam isn't about memorizing facts, it's about processes and how you break apart ideas. It's about mapping out statements, flipping ideas around, logic, philosophy, and psychology. This book rewires your brain.

It comes with online support (not personal, but substantive) and a few free streaming lessons.

If you're taking the LSAT, or even considering it, as I am, this book is a terrific tool. It will not, however, replace the quality of preparation you will get from taking their in-person course. The cost for the course is about $1,200.00, so the cost-benefit is obvious. I think I'll go through the book in detail (I haven't finished it yet) and then take the course. I can see how they guarantee a higher score, as the way they show you how to tear ideas apart is a new concept. I recently graduated Magna Cum Laude with a BS and am glad I had some logical reasoning and philosophy courses. I can see how algebra plays a part, too. If you're not a recent grad, or if you slacked off a bit in undergrad, you need tools to prepare you for the LSAT. Competition is fierce, getting into law school, and you need all of the help you can get.

Colyanda Women's Brocade Goth Spiral Steel Boned Retro Steampunk Corset Bustiers (Coffee M)
Offered by Colyanda
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this so much, I'm coming back for more!, January 30, 2016
I love this corset! I wish I could tell you how awesome it is and explain it clearly, but you must try it to really understand.
First, it's long enough. I'm long-waisted, and it's impossible to find corsets that go deep enough around my waist to my hips.
The curve is perfect! It doesn't hurt and looks phenomenal.
The laces have the fabric behind, so you have a clean look.
The accessories are super fun and you can wear with or without.
I am a 36DD and it fits snugly, but not too snugly.
This is very well made and I'm sure it will last a very long time.

Great for Ren Faire or biker events--or just for fun! Wearing without the accessories, the options are endless.

Lenox Butterfly Meadow Melamine 5 Part Divided Server, White
Lenox Butterfly Meadow Melamine 5 Part Divided Server, White
Price: $45.29
6 used & new from $38.80

4.0 out of 5 stars This could cross over from fancy dinners to outdoor barbecue dining. Very usable, very nice, and very easy to clean, January 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like this tray. It is very pretty--dainty flowers and butterflies are well-imprinted onto the surface (no normal-use scraping will scratch them). The white is ultra-white, and very bright.

The sections are quite large. I like this! You can store a lot of cut up fruit, veggies, cheese, or whatever in each section.

I marked it down one star because there are no lids, unlike other trays I've recently reviewed.

The pattern isn't for me, but I can see how lots of people would think it's quaint. I'm more of a bold-color, bold-design sort of girl, so while this will definitely have a place at the table, it won't be my favorite. On the other hand, my mom LOVES the pattern. I didn't mark it down for this, as it's my personal preference.

All in all, this is a nice piece, and doesn't look melamine. It looks like it's made of china and presents very well.

SPRI Slam Medicine Ball, 10-Pound
SPRI Slam Medicine Ball, 10-Pound
Price: $69.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Personal trainer gives two thumbs up!, January 21, 2016
This review is from: SPRI Slam Medicine Ball (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have used many different medicine balls, and this one is unique. I love the tacky surface, and how it really sticks to your fingers (not slippery like the leather ones can be). The 10 pound weight is spot on (I double checked) and the unit is easy to clean (important to us personal trainers).

I have been a trainer for years, and when improvements are made to equipment like this, it's important to give the kudos they deserve. This one is great, and I can see using these as a standby for exercises not only like the high-impact ball-slamming they are designed for, but also for crunches and other core exercises.

SwaddleMe Original Organic Swaddle 2-PK, Apples & Ivory (SM)
SwaddleMe Original Organic Swaddle 2-PK, Apples & Ivory (SM)
Price: $21.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Swaddled babies sleep better (and so do you). Prices here on Amazon are very good in comparison to other options., January 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When you purchase these swaddlers, be sure you choose the right size for your baby. These are very small--they say up to 14 pounds, but they will certainly be snug at 14 pounds.

They are SUPER soft and SO useful. They are designed so that your baby can wear them while in a carseat (there's a slit in the side for the strap/belt). These are designed as a more lightweight version (compared to the MicroFleece version) and is great for summertime or for layering.

In my experience, babies sleep better while swaddled. They swaddle babies in hospitals with either wraps or receiving blankets. These are a far easier option than receiving blankets. They are more streamlined (designed) and easy to use. They are also very secure with the two velcro tabs.

The SwaddleMe products are very nicely made (no loose threads, but double check to be sure). You can tell just by looking how they are of high quality. There's no wonder they sell for over twice the Amazon price at department stores. I have checked the prices at Target (more than Amazon by a LOT), Babies R Us (about the same or a little higher than Amazon) and at department stores (double the price or more). If you need some of these wraps "NOW", then head to Babies R Us...if you can wait a couple of days, as far as I can tell, Amazon is your store.

I love these products! I wish they had been around when my kids were tiny, but now I can make good use of them with my grandbabies.

SwaddleMe Original MicroFleece Swaddle 1-PK, Ivory (SM)
SwaddleMe Original MicroFleece Swaddle 1-PK, Ivory (SM)
Price: $11.99
3 used & new from $9.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft, WARM, MicroFleece Swaddler wins over receiving blankets., January 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This SwaddleMe MicroFleece swaddler is very warm and snug for your baby. If you have a baby who doesn't like getting too warm, you might opt for a different fabric (or if you are swaddling in warmer months).
This is definitely for a small (newborn) baby! The velcro is smaller on this unit than in other SwaddleMe products, but holds just as well for a small baby (don't be so sure for a larger baby, though). They can move their little legs around, but they are kept secure in the swaddle.

I love these products, and SwaddleMe has never disappointed.

I have priced these at Target (more expensive than Amazon) and Toys/Babies R Us (same price or more as Amazon). If you go to Macy's or other larger (and fancier) department stores, I have seen them as high as 30 bucks a piece! Oye veh.

Our baby sleeps far more soundly when swaddled (actually, not very well at all when left unswaddled). This wrap is far better than receiving blankets, too (not bulky, more streamlined use).

Charcoal Companion CC7855 Himalayan Salt Plate & Holder Set, 8 by 8 by 1.5"
Charcoal Companion CC7855 Himalayan Salt Plate & Holder Set, 8 by 8 by 1.5"
Price: $42.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice tray and recipe book included with this salt block, January 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received this block somewhat damaged. This did not seem to be caused by shipping. The block was cracked and one handle is pressed up, resting against the block, making the handle awkward and difficult to use.

That said, this is a nice block--nice and thick, and the flavors are classic Himalayan. I do like the tray, and feel it adds a lot to this package. The block comes with a recipe book, which gives some fun and new uses.

Note: just a day after posting this, the manufacturer messaged me. You can see the response below. I think that their reply shows that the issue I had with the product is not typical and that they will really do what it takes to make things right. Kudos to them.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2016 6:55 PM PST

Charcoal Companion CC6067 Himalayan Salt Plate with Indents, 8 x 8 x 1.5"
Charcoal Companion CC6067 Himalayan Salt Plate with Indents, 8 x 8 x 1.5"
Price: $37.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Small for a salt block, but still a very nice (and special) way to serve sashimi dishes., January 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love this for serving sashimi dishes. It's useful only for limited uses, as it is pretty small for a salt block.

This comes with important use directions...be sure to read them before use to keep your food safe.

I have used these for cooking, as well, and love the flavors of the salt. The low sodium content of Himalayan salt is always a plus.

Lenox Rutledge Gold-Banded 5-Piece Place Setting, Service for 1
Lenox Rutledge Gold-Banded 5-Piece Place Setting, Service for 1
Price: $167.34
8 used & new from $94.00

4.0 out of 5 stars The opalescent sheen is very special, and the hand-painted details are very colorful., January 19, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These plates are very fancy, and have a beautiful opalescent sheen to them. They are obviously high-quality, and the detail work is beautiful.

I took away one star because of the lack of a bowl in the set. I am a very frugal person, and feel like these place settings, at this cost, should include all of the basics.

I do love that they are made in the US, and that they are handmade by American artists.

I can see how they would dress up any occasion. They are beautiful.

SwaddleMe WrapSack 1-PK, Teal Grey Chevron (LG)
SwaddleMe WrapSack 1-PK, Teal Grey Chevron (LG)
Offered by Toys US
Price: $27.18
4 used & new from $18.69

5.0 out of 5 stars SwaddleMe does it again with this high quality wrap sack., January 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This wrap sack is a little big for my young grand baby, and definitely lines up with the 5-9 month sizing. It's very well made (so far, SwaddleMe definitely has good quality throughout their product line).
The chevron pattern is fun and works with boys or girls.
The straps are secure, and many babies sleep much better when swaddled.
The Amazon pricing is much better than department or discount stores. I saw this exact one for 30 dollars at the mall.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20