Profile for Amazon Customer Since Amazon Sold Only Books > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 77

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer Since Amazon Sold Only Books "Life is a journey...the destination, enigmatic." RSS Feed (Southern CA USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Phantom Aquatics Speed Sport Mask Fin Snorkel Set, Black/Red, Small
Phantom Aquatics Speed Sport Mask Fin Snorkel Set, Black/Red, Small
Offered by Prime Scuba
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Experienced snorkeler here--trust me, this is a great set!, July 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am very enthusiastic to share this review with Amazon customers. I have lifelong injuries from a vehicle accident that prohibit me from getting any real exercise, due to pain. Snorkeling is the ONE thing I can do that doesn't hurt, is fun, and can be quite a workout if you choose.

I have used several different sets, from basic to fancy masks with GoPro cam capability. I was excited to try this one.

This set is heavy-duty. No flimsiness here. The mask fits like a glove (I'm a 5'9" woman) and the seal is very tight. The snorkel is flexible, and attaches securely to the mask. The lid is nice, too.

The fins fit well, and are easy to take off and put on (some are really difficult!). I am a women's size 8.5. I have lifelong broken bones in my foot, and I am sensitive to fins that put pressure on the top of the foot, but these are fine.

I am taking a 2 month trip to Italy, and am bringing this set, chosen above the others, because it is not going to disappoint. I am bringing the GoPro mask, too, but am sure, due to its bulk, it won't be my go-to. My husband has a nice set, but I can tell that he is a little envious of this one. It's sharp. :)

If you're looking for a great set, this is a great choice--and the price is less than many I've used, too.

Emergency Preparedness Window Breaker Car Safety Hammer FOUR Pack Seat Belt Cutter Auto Escape or Rescue Tool - For Vehicle Emergency Kit - Use One For Each Automobile, Truck, SUV - Avoid Roadside Disaster In And Add To Your Auto Emergency Kit
Offered by DD222
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Emergency tool gives peace of mind for drivers (and parents of drivers)--and saves pets locked in hot cars., July 9, 2015
Amazingly, you get 4 of these in each order. I have purchased these singly before for the same price as all 4 here.

This unit is smaller than some, and fits easily in a small glove box (I have a Mini Cooper, so that's important). It can also be easily stowed in a side door compartment or center console.

The unit is sturdy, and I was able to cut some old straps easily with the blade(s). I can't say that I tested the glass breaker, but it is identical to those in my other units.

These are so important to have, and now my kids each have them in their cars, as well as myself and my husband. It gives some peace of mind knowing that this is here.

I did recently see someone breaking out someone's window to rescue a dog who had been locked in a hot car. I am glad this person had one in his vehicle. The owners forgot he was in there, and were deep inside of the mall, just shopping and having lunch. The dog would have died for sure.

The one tiny thing that I found that wasn't 100% on these is that the stickers on the side came off. I didn't remove a star for this because it didn't matter at all to me. The manufacturer sent these to me in exchange for an honest review. I enjoy writing reviews, and don't mince words if something is lacking. This manufacturer has created a quality tool that (I believe) everyone should have in their vehicle.

Vacuum Pump Wine Preserver + 2 x Air-Tight Wine Stoppers by Vinodia - Preserve, Save and Keep Wine Fresh
Offered by VinoDia
Price: $16.95
2 used & new from $6.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile, easy to use, and effective--this vacuum pump wine preserver is highly recommended, July 9, 2015
Let's get something on the table. We drink wine. A LOT of wine. We have an extensive collection from many different wineries, using many different types of bottles, from ice wine to heavy pinot noir to ports, etc. When the manufacturer sent this to me to review, I was happy to do so, and felt that I could give customers a unique perspective with the large cross-section of bottles we use.

I didn't think that this would be able to fit all of the different bottles, so we spent quite a bit of time, (over many evenings) testing this unit on many, many different types of bottles.

This unit is very easy to use. It is intuitive, and really requires no special skill (which is good, because, well, we've been drinking wine and our attention to detail isn't the best). It creates a vacuum seal that does not leak (you can store bottles on their sides in the wine 'fridge without worrying about leakage. The low profile allows you to store the bottles in a wine 'fridge (as opposed to reusing a cork or using other longer seals, which render the bottles too long for our wine 'fridge). Keeping the bottle sealed stops the wine from oxygenating, which you want.

If you buy your vacuum pump wine sealer (this one) from Amazon, you get a coupon for two free wine stoppers, which is awesome! Two seems plenty, but when you're hosting a tasting party, or a wine class, you will need those extra stoppers.

The customer service is great, too. Contacting the seller is a breeze (they give you their email address on the coupon) and they really care about keeping customers happy.

I can absolutely recommend this product.

Cuisinart CSG-625 Infrared Surface Thermometer, Silver/Black
Cuisinart CSG-625 Infrared Surface Thermometer, Silver/Black
Price: $28.18
7 used & new from $22.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, lightweight, easy to use, and looks great--this infrared surface thermometer stands up next to my industrial tools., July 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I use these for work all the time, and have used some of the best, top of the line infrared thermometers.

This measured temps exactly as the other, more expensive, units.

This unit looks nice in the kitchen, and matches stainless appliances and grills. It is very easy to use (intuitive). I measured temps up to 565F and it was right on par with my two others I tested it against. My standby, a Dewalt, is much heavier and I don't see any benefit to using a 150.00 unit v. this one for normal BBQ and kitchen applications.

Kelty Cosmic 21 Degree 550 DriDown Sleeping Bag - Regular
Kelty Cosmic 21 Degree 550 DriDown Sleeping Bag - Regular
Offered by WildyX
Price: $149.95
13 used & new from $149.95

5.0 out of 5 stars At what price warmth? This is worth the price., July 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you are a camper, you already know the value in a sleeping bag such as this. The weight is amazingly light, it breaks down to a very small space for strapping to your backpack, and it's warm as can be. I could have used this on a recent trip to the Sierras!

The first thing you notice with this is the color. The blue/yellow is sharp! Then you notice the texture. It is very soft--it's strong--don't get me wrong--but it's super soft and simply lovely to touch. Does that matter? Maybe not to you, but to me, it does.

The bag doesn't seem like it can really keep you warm down to 20 degrees, and frankly, I live in Southern California, and don't see how I can test it to that chilly of a temperature, but I was too hot when it got down to 45, so that's saying something. My nephew brought it to camp up on the mountains, where it did get down to 25, and he said he was nice and toasty. He's 6' tall, and said he had no problems getting his head covered. I am 5'9" and it was nice for me, too.

I have been on many hiking trips and this is the best bag I have seen. Yes, it seems expensive, but it's worth it. Trust me, I've been COLD on hiking trips and it's just not worth saving those few bucks.

Termichy Bohemian Retro Handcrafted Black Braided Strand Wrap Bracelet with Jet Black and Silver Tone Faceted Beads Crystals Charms Chains for Women Teen Girls
Offered by Termichy
Price: $42.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A memorable piece, great gift--truly a unique addition to your jewelry box., June 19, 2015
I am very picky about my jewelry, and love unique, artistic pieces...they do not have to be expensive, but they do have to be beautiful or edgy or have something special about them.

This piece is all of that and more. It is very pretty--sparkly, great texture, unique design...obviously handmade by an artisan.

It is one long strand that wraps around your wrist and keeps its shape. It has a button-type closure eith many different choices for a perfect fit.

I gave this to my sister-in-law as a gift, and it was hard to give away. I might have to come back and buy one for myself!

Handheld Laser Distance Measurer with Blacklit Display By Tuirel (Up to 230 Ft Range)
Offered by AUTOZOME
Price: $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars For the home user or professional, this is a quality tool., June 19, 2015
When I first received this item, I didn't think it would be as accurate as it is (I didn't think it was possible) but it is very accurate and I love the different ways you can use this.
I work in city planning, and this is very useful when checking out buildings and distances between property lines and structures. It is highly accurate (to the point of trying to trick it--you can't).

This is a high-quality piece. The unit is small enough to carry around easily and isn't bulky or annoying. It has the ability to be screwed into a tripod (this could be great for surveyors).

I highly recommend this product. For the home-user, it is plug-and-play. For the professional, you can make it fit your needs.

AGPtek® 3M x 3M 300 LED Linkable Design Fairy String Curtains Light Ideal for Indoor Outdoor Home Garden Christmas Party Wedding - Warm White
Offered by BrainyDeal
Price: $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm such a fan of fairy lights--and these are perfect for my special project (wine bottle lamps), June 19, 2015
Love love love these lights!
The color is so relaxing--the ivory is beautiful.

Upon arrival, it does take awhile to untangle the lights. Some patience, and a large countertop, and you're golden. They have different patterns, too, so you can have some fun with the different lighting effects.

I am going to use these in a homemade light fixture (I'll post pictures when I'm done). I am going to create a wagon-wheel of sorts, and hang wine bottles from it. I will wire these into the bottles, so that each string fills up one bottle. This fixture is going to hang from my patio cover (that has grape vines on it).

You can do a lot with these--just let your imagination run wild. They have been thoroughly tested here and have worked without fail. Highly recommended!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2015 12:24 PM PDT

[2015 New Version] AGPtek ZELOTES LED Optical 2400 DPI 7 Button Adjustable 2.4G Wireless Professional Gaming Mouse Mice- Black
Offered by BrainyDeal
Price: $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Unique, Sharp, Flawless, Sturdy--this is a really nice mouse and highly recommended, June 19, 2015
This is a really sharp mouse--very sleek, and I LOVE the lights. (Yes, I'm like a crow and love shiny things.)

The mouse is very responsive, and the different buttons are very useful. I have had different gaming mice (mouses?) and this one is the nicest looking, and at least as responsive as the others.

One thing that stands out to me about this mouse is that it feel sturdy. Others are lightweight to the point of flimsy--but this one isn't jumpy or jittery. It is a little large for my hand (I'm a small-boned female) but it fits my male-counterpart just fine.

It paired up with no issues, and has been flawless for about a month now.

The mouse was provided as a sample for review.

TKO Wireless Bluetooth Activity and Sleep Fitness Tracker
TKO Wireless Bluetooth Activity and Sleep Fitness Tracker
Offered by VTC Direct
Price: $39.99
5 used & new from $32.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, non-proprietary, great app interface (iPhone) and it works!, June 19, 2015
I have reviewed a number of these devices, and frankly, this is the first one that really worked for me. It is very comfortable, wears like a watch (which I needed for work, anyway) and keeps track of my activities well.

It paired quickly with my iPhone 6, and the data transfers perfectly.

The battery lasts for a really long time (many days), which is amazing.

The band is silicone, and if you're prone to sweating, you can easily clean this. The unit itself is separate, and removes from the band easily (but also stays-put when in place (be sure to put it in the correct way--line up the button).

The charging cable is standard mini USB. Thank you, TKO for not going proprietary (that drives me nuts).

The app is nicer than others I have tested--this is very user-friendly.

I really like this unit and would definitely recommend it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20