Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Sweepstakes in Prime Music Shop Now HTL
Profile for T (Tobias) > Reviews

T (Tobias)'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T (Tobias) RSS Feed (Indianapolis, IN)

SainSmart PLA-153 PLA Filament (Blue)
SainSmart PLA-153 PLA Filament (Blue)
Offered by Sain Store
Price: $25.99
3 used & new from $10.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't get rid of hairs/webs, August 11, 2013
Pro: The price was reasonable. Nice color, my prints turn out with a very dark blue color.
Con: Tried a plethora of printing settings and keep getting webs/hairs throughout my prints. Tried two other filaments from two separate brands to help confirm that the hairs/webs was a problem from using this filament.
Indifferent: Spool is made of cardboard instead of hard plastic like other vendors.
Will I buy again: Probably not, there's just too many other vendors out there for about the same price or less.

Samsung Series 9 NP900X3D-A01US 13.3-Inch Premium Ultrabook (Silver)
Samsung Series 9 NP900X3D-A01US 13.3-Inch Premium Ultrabook (Silver)
2 used & new from $399.99

4.0 out of 5 stars First impressions, November 27, 2012
update 28nov12: I wrote the previous review with the charger still plugged in. With the charger plugged in, the screen is super bright. Without it, the screen dims drastically, to a point where it takes effort read. I tried to fix this in the power settings, but it still won't get any brighter (it can get a little darker though, as funny as that sounds). I will read the manual and hopefully this is just user error, if not, it's worth knocking off a star.
Ok, had to go into the advanced power settings and turn off adaptive brightness. Otherwise, you can't manually adjust the brightness to compensate.

Funny thing about web browsing: I use Chrome only, so I don't know if this is just an issue with Chrome on this laptop. Every now and then, in particular going to a new website, a "dial-up" version of the website pops up. Some of you may have seen this, when you're on very low bandwitdh or if there's problems with the sites css, you will get this text only type version of the website. All you have to do is hit fresh and it's fixed. It's a bit unusual though I have tried this on 3 different wifi connects and it still keeps doing this.

As far as other people's complaints about the cases not being made of aluminum, I don't care, it maybe be plastic but it doesn't feel cheap.
Love how light it is, having a 11 pound laptop previously make me appreciate this much more.
Really love the response of the keyboard, I don't believe I have every typed this fast with so little misspelled words.
Blacklight keys are a little dim, but are visible. Screen is super bright. Track pad seams to do what I want it to do, except, when not using the click buttons, it does appear to stick down some times. Will see if this is just user error or not.

Concerns: Sometimes when I tilt/flip the laptop, I can here the CPU fan appear to make contact with some part inside of the laptop.
Bottom of the laptop does get warm, but not hot, will have to leave it on for longer to see if it does get hotter. So far, it's comfortable.
The high native resolution on a relativity small screen means text is tinier, but nothing that reducing the resolution or ctrl+ doesn't fix.
This is my first new laptop in a while, I thought 128gb would be enough, but it comes with ~96gb formatted, and only ~66gb free. Looks like I should have bought that external hard drive when it was on sale yesterday.

I bought this mainly for portability, and it definitely fits that purpose.
Of course I would of rather of had the latest generation intel processor, but I like having the extra ~$300 in my pocket (~$500 since I bought this at $800).
I will post any more compliments and concerns later when I get more hours on it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2012 9:17 AM PST

Arrested Development: Season 2
Arrested Development: Season 2
DVD ~ Jason Bateman
Offered by Anchor*Media
Price: $13.55
60 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Should I give money to Fox for canceling this show?, November 16, 2005
Like everyone said, funniest show (that was)on TV. After I seen this show, Seinfield looks like amature hour. If you're not hooked after the first three episodes of season 1, then you'll probably never get into arrested development.

Someone wrote they wont buy these dvd's because it would be rewarding the network who canceled the show.

I say buy a set of 20, get done w/ your chirstmas list.

Fox might not pick this show up for 2006, but awsome DVD sales (#1 and #2 at the moment) will lift some eyebrows, say, at NBC...hint.