Profile for josue gutierrez > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

josue gutierrez RSS Feed

RAW
RAW
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars please tell me there is more to this story!!!, January 22, 2014
This review is from: RAW (Kindle Edition)
There has to be a second book to this story. Please tell me there is more. It can possibly end like this!

Uniden Guardian Advanced Wireless 7-Inch Screen Video Surveillance System with 2 Outdoor Cameras - Black (G755)
Price: $259.40
81 used & new from $181.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice product but kills wifi network, November 3, 2012
I bought the unit 1 week ago and setup was a breeze, but if you have a 2.4 / 5ghz wifi network the unit will cripple you wifi network and cause major interference. snippet from review article that confirmed my suspicion.

"As we mentioned earlier, you won't want to position the cameras too far from the main base unit. The specs say they can do 150m, but we found the range to be much less in our test environment at the office. The cameras run in the 2.4GHz frequency spectrum (using frequency-hopping spread spectrum and encryption), and they can, in some instances, cause interference to your wireless network (unless you are running a 5GHz Wi-Fi network). We noticed this after experiencing very slow file transfers (under 500KBps) to one of our laptops while the Uniden Guardian was on, and faster transfers (up to 10MBps) while the unit was off."

I will be returning the unit back to the vendor because I simply can't use my wifi network when this unit is operating.

Hope this helps.

Best regards.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2014 5:58 PM PST