Profile for R. M. Machut > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. M. Machut "MrRebelutionary" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Official Nintendo Player's Guide
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Official Nintendo Player's Guide
by Nintendo of America
19 used & new from $14.12

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Guide, March 1, 2014
This guide is simply perfect. Almost every character and enemy you meet in the game is hand-drawn in this book. This really showcases how cool they are. The layout is perfect and the presentation is flawless. I got this book with my copy of the game when it first came out, and I couldn't have been more excited to read it over and over. What's funny is I never really used it that much as a guide, but more as something to complement the game and give it richer detail and backstory. It encompasses everything this game has to offer and is exactly what I want from every guide I'll ever read again. This guide plays a big part in why Ocarina of TIme is my favorite game of all time.

Crossfire - Sega Genesis
Crossfire - Sega Genesis
9 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hybrid Shoot 'em up Action!, September 21, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Crossfire, for the Sega Genesis, is a sort of hybrid game. It combines vertical scrolling, helicopter shoot 'em up action with top down foot soldier ground sections.

When you're in the air in the helicopter, the game plays like any spaceship shooter. You get weapon powerups(that increase your current weapon's power), turbo shields(that greatly increases your speed and makes you temporarily invincible) and bombs.

After a while, you're helicopter flies down low and you get to strafe the ground, shooting as many gun turrets and ground units as possible, clearing the way for your foot soldier. This is where the game gets interesting. Suddenly you control a guy with a machine gun from a top down view. You move forward through the area your helicopter just strafed. So every enemy the helicopter took out is one less to deal with. I thought this was really neat and gives the game more depth and, surprisingly, a lot more replay value.

Before each mission you get to purchase and choose your type of weapons. You can buy different guns/bombs for your helicopter and either a shotgun or rocket launcher for your guy on the ground. Every weapon only has to purchased once. Once you do so, it goes in your inventory. But you can only choose one type of each before a mission, so choose carefully.

The music in this game is great. There are only a few songs, but they are really catchy. I always hum along with the main song whenever I play.

Crossfire is one of the few games I never really get tired of. It's a good game, but I find it hard to judge just how good it really is. It doesn't take that long to beat, and isn't overly difficult after a couple of attempts. But there's something about this game that just keeps you coming back, again and again. I think that maybe it's just a simple game, done perfectly. No flaws or glitches. Just fun, perfected.

Jupiter Strike
Jupiter Strike
Offered by The_Disc_Connection
Price: $19.96
43 used & new from $0.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad as people say, July 13, 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Jupiter Strike (Video Game)
It's like a cheap knock-off of StarFox for the Playstation. But I like StarFox, so this game is pretty good to me.

When playing, you control a spaceship called the Jupiter Strike. Aliens are attacking and you have to stop them. The game plays like StarFox, where you have to fly down a preset path and blow up everything with your blasters and lock on lasers. Your ship does move kind of strange, though and getting out of the enemy's way is tougher than it normally would be.

Like StarFox, there are fun, creative end bosses. There aren't as many as StarFox, or really any normal spaceship shooter, but they are still a lot of fun. Usually, there are two stages, then an end boss at the end of the second stage.

This game isn't too hard until the last stage and final boss, but you do get 3 extra continues, which gives you three extra ships each time. 12 ships total.

The levels themselves get pretty cool and creative halfway through and it is a lot of fun to play through them again. You can also go into first person view if you want, but the game gets a lot harder if you do.

Before you buy this game, be warned that it doesn't support the analog sticks and it feels stiff with the D-Pad. However, I didn't have to worry about that because I have a Pelican PS2 controller. And luckily, that controller's left analog stick replaces the D-Pad. So if you play this game, or other PS1 games on your PS2, I would highly recommend buying the Pelican corded PS2 controller.

Playstation 2 Corded Controller
Playstation 2 Corded Controller
21 used & new from $3.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for PS1 Games on PS2, July 13, 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
The Pelican is a good controller for the PS2. The analog sticks aren't as precise as the official ones from sony, but you get used to them pretty quick. The X,O,Square, and Triangle buttons are good but the shoulder buttons are loose and wiggle around a little. But I haven't had any issues with them. The D-Pad is better than the Dualshock's D-Pad, but it's a little stiff.

The one unique feature with this controller that makes it worth a purchase is that you can play PS1 games on your PS2 with the analog sticks, even if the game doesn't support it. The left stick acts as the D-Pad and the right stick acts as the four buttons. I found this out when I was playing Jupiter Strike. Which definitely makes the game a whole lot easier and more fun. It also works good for Alien Trilogy.

I like this controller a lot, and sometimes prefer it to the Sony one. Also, this controller does have L3 and R3 buttons (that's the analog stick click buttons). So I don't know why another reviewer said it doesn't have them. Maybe there's a bad batch of them or something.

Outlander - Sega Genesis
Outlander - Sega Genesis
12 used & new from $4.25

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Mad Max!, February 14, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is the only game I know of that is exactly like the Mad Max movies. It has everything from his V8 interceptor to his double barrel shotgun. And it is awesome!

I wasn't expecting to like this game as much as I did. It has just about the slowest frame rate I've ever seen in a game and the difficulty is very high, which some people won't like. I usually hate slow frame rates, but this game is so good I can look right past it.

Outlander for the sega genesis is a survival action game. You drive down a desert highway with a first person viewpoint in your car. You have machine guns on your car, a surface to air missile launcher, a nitro booster and a sawed off double barrel shotgun. Your gas gauge and your oil gauge(which acts as your health) are both located in the normal places in your car. This comes in handy as you have to constantly keep a close eye on both of them.

While driving, your mission is to get to the next town. It feels kind of like Mach Rider. Bikers, trucks and eventually gyrocopters are with you every step of the way trying to stop you. Once you get to town you can stock up on gas, ammunition, body armor, and car upgrades. The game has a map that shows you where you are when you pause, which helps you judge the distance to the next town.

In town the game plays like a sidescroller. It isn't fast moving, but that's just fine as it's sort of a break from the dangerous highway. Each town can give you a decent amount of supplies, but you can almost never get as much as you need.

If you are running out of health, then slow down and pull over. You will go into the sidescrolling section again, only this time it's much more dangerous since there are bikers doing drive bys with chains and bombs. Still, it's safer than the road.

If you find a car upgrade, you will have it for a few towns. The supercharger increases your max speed, the car armor reduces the damage your car takes, and the windshield replaces your old one filled with bullet holes. I'm not sure what the tires do, but it feels like you have better traction when you get them. The toy does nothing but hang from your rear view mirror. It is pretty cool, though. Maybe it's for luck.

If you own a sega genesis and like Mad Max, then Outlander is for you. The frame rate is terrible, but remains consistent, so you can still anticipate and react to things just fine. The game also lasted for at least four hours for me, so that is pretty good for an action game. You will need passwords to continue your game which thankfully the game gives you quite a few. The best thing this game does is immerse you in it. With everything on the road trying to kill you, you have to be alert and ready for action. You really feel like the Road Warrior.

VR Troopers - Sega Genesis
VR Troopers - Sega Genesis
Offered by lakeplacegames
Price: $60.99
17 used & new from $1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Fighting Game!, September 13, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've never seen the TV show VR Troopers, but man I want to!

This is a fun fighting game with characters similar to Power Rangers. It has a lot of cool fighting moves and five difficulty settings. Two player versus is also in the game.

Each difficulty setting changes the enemy behaviour as well as how often you can use your special moves. But even on the easiest setting it is pretty dang hard. I beat it, but it wasn't easy. I will say it was a lot of fun.

Every enemy was cool and different to fight. They all had their own style.

Killer graphics.

Killer music and sound.

I recommend this game to Power Ranger fans and anybody cool. I like it a lot!

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie
18 used & new from $8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Easy and Super Fun, September 13, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is a really easy game. I had to lose on purpose just to see the game over screen. But that's just fine! This game is a blast!

It's a simple beat em up with the Power Rangers and two player co-op.

The music is great.

The characters are great.

The levels are great.

The enemies are great.

The whole thing is fantastic! I really liked the original Power Rangers. So this game is made for me. If you like the Power Rangers, then pick it up. It's best played with a friend or a little brother who also likes Power Rangers.

It's cheap, short and fun!

But I'm pretty easy to please.

Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii): Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Official Game Guides)
by Prima Games
Price: $15.81
54 used & new from $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars A Mess, September 13, 2012
This strategy guide is terrible. The main layout of the guide is just fine. The maps are all in one section and so are the logbook entries.

Most problems come from the layout of the logbook entries. They are just thrown together in no particular order. They're actually almost put in the order you find them, but not quite. Finding anything you missed is an absolute pain. With so many things to find, they should have layed it out the way it's layed out in the games. That way you could cross check the two without going insane.

Another problem is the fact that some things are mislabeled. I finished the game and decided to go back to find something. I knew the area it was in, so I flipped to the step by step portion to find it. It turned out it was labeled wrong, so I ended up finding something I already had.

The individual rooms aren't labeled, which is super lame. You can look at the in-game map, but you have to scroll over one room at a time to see what it's called. It's just one more slow down.

This guide really pales in comparison to the other two guides I own: Ocarina of Time and Killzone. I'm really surprised they even released this guide. It's really a joke to even ask money for it. So I wouldn't buy it if I were you, even if it is three game guides in one. It just doesn't do its job well enough.

The Adventure of the Dying Detective
The Adventure of the Dying Detective

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Short Story, March 7, 2012
It's short, sweet and to the point. Enjoyable, fun and free for Kindle. I don't own a kindle, so I just read it on my computer. It was a great read and I would recommend it to everyone who likes mysteries and just about everyone else who doesn't.

Yoshi's Story
Yoshi's Story
Offered by You Name the Game
Price: $199.99
125 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An Adventure, March 7, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Yoshi's Story (Video Game)
Yoshi's Story is one of my favorite games on the N64. It has a lot of replayability, great level design and large, open environments.

Exploring is really the core of this game. Branching paths allow you to open up new routes for you to explore. Secret areas are everywhere in this game and it pays to look for them. Once you complete the story mode, play it again. It gives you new levels to try out each time. Once you unlock those levels, you can play them again instantly with a quick level select option. Replayability is high in this game. I had played the story mode a dozen times before I discovered a boss I hadn't fought before.

This game isn't that easy, not if you really take the time to seek out all the high scoring fruit and hearts. I'm not sure why people are saying it is. In fact, levels in the last world can get pretty challenging with all kinds of traps. It makes you want to grab as many fruit as you can to fill your quota before you lose.

Great music compliments this game. As I explored, I was wildly entertained by all the unique sound effects.

The controls are rock solid so you won't have any trouble with that.

I really don't know what other game to compare this to, so I can't really say if you'll like it. It's a one of a kind game that deserves at least a look. My recommendation is to look up some gameplay videos and decide if it looks like something you would enjoy.

Page: 1 | 2