Profile for Joe Bruno Sr. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 241

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Joe Bruno Sr. "Fiction and Non Fiction author of more than 30 books." RSS Feed (Sarasota, Florida)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Deluxe Clear Tote Bag w Zipper Closure, Removable Shoulder Strap (Padded), Carry Handles, Detachable Security Purse and Reinforced Bottom. NFL Stadium Approved. Avail in Pink and Black.
Offered by Prime Products Unlimited
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Dandy Idea!, June 26, 2015
I received this product at a full discount rate for the purpose of testing the product and giving a honest and unbiased review.

What a great idea; a see-through carry-bag with a shoulder strap. I wish I would have thought of it first. I would have made a mint.

This bag is great for the beach (I live in Sarasota, Florida), and it's real handy when going to a live event, or even the airport, where they insist on you emptying out any bag you bring inside, or past the metal detectors. With this bag, all they have to do is look to see what's inside.

The bag is made of durable material and looks like it will hold up quite well. It's also very stylish and can be used as a golf bag caddy to attach to the side of your regular golf bag.

The only problem is that my wife likes this bag so much, I might have to give her this one and buy another one for myself.

The Luparelli tapes: The true story of the Mafia hitman who contracted to kill both Joey Gallo and his own wife
by Paul Meskil
29 used & new from $10.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, June 26, 2015
Mostly self-serving nonsense from a mob rat, but very well written .

Being Poor and Living Rich: Growing Up on Mulberry Street in New York City
Being Poor and Living Rich: Growing Up on Mulberry Street in New York City
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book about growing up in Manhattan's Little Italy., May 26, 2015
This book is as real as real can get. I should know.

I grew up with Vince’s younger brother, Peter. I knew the entire family well. Vince’s mother, Suzy, went to grammar school with my mother, Nancy. Michael, Paul, Vincent, and Peter, all handsome, all smart, all well-behaved ; the ideal neighborhood family.

I remember I was in about the 3rd or 4th grade, and we went on a Transfiguration school trip, I think to Rye Beach. On the trip, Vince, who was about 3 or 4 years older than me, gave me his duffle bag to watch. I don't know how, but I lost it. Some things you never forget.

I’ve read several books about the old neighborhood, but hands down, this is the best.

Download this book and absorb – feel, smell, taste - the flavor of Little Italy the way it once was. The photos are an added bonus; a trip down Memory Lane.

The old neighborhood is now irreversibly changed. But no one can take away our memories.

Sixty-Four Days (Sea Stories Book 1)
Sixty-Four Days (Sea Stories Book 1)
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Realistic book about life on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier., May 15, 2015
I was a Parachute Rigger Third Class serving on the USS Constellation in 1969-70. Since part of my job was servicing the pilot's ejection seats, I spent many grueling hours on the flight deck. In the 10 months, I served on the Constellation, six men died on the flight deck, either by getting blown off the ship by the exhaust (it would take hours for the carrier to turn around, so when you go overboard, you’re a dead man), or being sucked into the intake of a jet (a messy cleanup for the jet mechanics.

Sixty Four Days by Malcolm Torres is right on the mark in his depiction of how things can get nasty real quick when working on the flight deck. It’s a quick and enjoyable read.

Highly recommended.

Pretty Hate: A New Adult Novel
Pretty Hate: A New Adult Novel
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Barrel of Laughs!, April 18, 2015
Quite frankly, this is not usually my cup of tea. It's no doubt a "chick book," and the last time I looked, I don't exactly fit that description. Plus, it's the first "Adult Novel" I've read since "Lady Chatterley's Lover," when I was a wild and crazy guy in the late 1960's. But a friend recommended this book to me so I gave it a shot.

The bottom line is - if you like to laugh, this is the book for you. Beth, Declan, Ivy-Lou (I never met a girl named Ivy-Lou); all entertaining characters, if not a little off the wall. But then again who isn't.

Buy this book. Read this book.

But don't give to to your mother.

Your father will like it just fine.

Is He Dead?
Is He Dead?
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping tale of child abuse and incest., March 26, 2015
This review is from: Is He Dead? (Kindle Edition)
Tough book to read, but even tougher to put down. It's hard to imagine things like this could really happen. But sometimes, the devil is right here on earth.

This book is not for the faint of heart. But if you have the guts to read it, then do so. You won't ever forget it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2015 10:06 AM PDT

Hit Me (A John Keller novel)
Hit Me (A John Keller novel)
by Lawrence Block
183 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., March 22, 2015
Typical Block. Quick read. Interesting and entertaining. Highly recommended.

The Mad Ones: Crazy Joe Gallo and the Revolution at the Edge of the Underworld
The Mad Ones: Crazy Joe Gallo and the Revolution at the Edge of the Underworld
by Tom Folsom
112 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, March 22, 2015
The writer is too cute with words and too loose with the facts. I expected more.

Mobfiles: Mobsters, Molls and Murder
Mobfiles: Mobsters, Molls and Murder
by George Anastasia
Price: $14.75
54 used & new from $2.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, March 22, 2015
Reads like old newspaper clippings, and not in chronological order, or in any discernible order. But interesting nevertheless.

Mob Lawyer: Including the Inside Account of Who Killed Jimmy Hoffa and JFK
Mob Lawyer: Including the Inside Account of Who Killed Jimmy Hoffa and JFK
by Selwyn Raab
72 used & new from $3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, March 22, 2015
Entertaining inside look at the mob of the 50's, 60's and 70's.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2015 9:55 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20