Profile for T. Ittig > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. Ittig RSS Feed (Atlanta, GA United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Audio-Technica AT311EP Universal Mount Phono / Turntable Cartridge
Audio-Technica AT311EP Universal Mount Phono / Turntable Cartridge
Price: $30.62
34 used & new from $27.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, July 14, 2013
This cartridge sounded like garbage from the moment I installed it. I kept hoping it would improve, but it didn't. I took it off the turntable and reinstalled the one that I was previously using. I've never bought a cartridge before that produced so much static and noise.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 21, 2013 5:29 PM PDT

VIZIO VBR122 Blu-ray Player with Wireless Internet Apps (2011 Model)
VIZIO VBR122 Blu-ray Player with Wireless Internet Apps (2011 Model)
Offered by DEALATHON
Price: $92.00

1.0 out of 5 stars No firmware update = doesn't play any new discs, March 18, 2012
This blu ray player worked well when I first purchased it in October of 2011. My wireless router is very close to the unit and I did not have any problems with the streaming. The problem with this player is there are no firmware updates available. The instruction manual tells you to update via the wireless adapter using a menu option under settings. Unfortunately the menu setting that I am directed to does not exist... making updates impossible. The 2 most recent blu ray discs I purchased play fine on our Samsung blu ray player, but do not play at all in the Vizio... must likely due to a firmware issue. At the end of the day, I consider this purchase to be a complete waste of money. The number one function of this unit is to play blu ray discs, and it, in fact, does not. If anyone knows a way around the firmware issue, please post a reply. I am at a complete loss. UPDATE: 2/16/2013 It no longer works. Audio will play, but no image. I will never purchase another Vizio player. This one didn't work well when it was brand new and it's completely dead after about 16 months.

Boys and Girls in America
Boys and Girls in America
Price: $7.99
87 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Overrated Garbage, January 5, 2007
I just don't get it. The Springsteen comparisons are appropriate... There are enough tinkly piano fills on this album to make me want to take a shotgun to my stereo. The singer is more of a whiner and try as I might, I can't think of a single memorable melody on the whole damn thing. Don't believe the hype.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2009 10:42 AM PDT

777: I Luciferi
777: I Luciferi
14 used & new from $11.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Please Danzig, stop making albums., February 6, 2005
This review is from: 777: I Luciferi (Audio CD)
0 Stars!!! I bought this based on the huge number of 5 star reviews on this site. Bad move. Not only is this NOT a return to form, it continues the creative nosedive that began with Blackacidevil. The worst part? The songs are weak and boring. There is not one single memorable riff or melody. Save your money and listen to the old stuff. [...] Another weak part of this album is the production. Everything sounds muddy. I can't think of a single good thing to say about it. Even the cover is crappy. [...]

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining but a little overrated..., November 6, 2004
This was a fun movie to watch, except maybe for the scenes with the annoying split second MTV editing. The suspense builds throughout the movie and the death scenes are fairly chilling. The ending is somewhat disappointing... It was the old "last minute surprise twist" ending that has been overused since season 2 of Scooby Doo. I also felt it owed a bit too much to Seven, which is a superior film. I noticed some reviewers complained about Cary Elwes' over the top performance... While I agree that it was over the top, I don't think it took anything away from the movie. I felt that it even provided a little bizarre comic relief (especially towards the end). I'm glad I saw it. It was a nasty little serial killer movie with an above average plot and execution. I don't think it's fair to say it's on the same level as "Silence of the Lambs" or "Seven". However, it is in the same genre as those films. It has more of a raw, dark psychological thiriller feel, as opposed to straight horror (like "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer" - which is the best serial killer horror movie of all time, in my opinion). Anyway... I recommend it, but not that highly.

Saturday Night Live - The Best of Christopher Walken
Saturday Night Live - The Best of Christopher Walken
DVD ~ Christopher Walken
Price: $5.94
84 used & new from $0.24

4.0 out of 5 stars I've got a fever..., October 22, 2004
And the only cure is MORE COWBELL!! I agree with some of the other reviewers here... They did leave out some classic sketches (rainbow head, for example). However, this dvd is still worth watching/owning for the classics that ARE included. I watched this by myself and couldn't help but laugh out loud during the "Pranksters" sketch. Christopher Walken is one of the masters when it comes to the deadpan straight man. I would have given it 5 stars if the sketches were a little more intelligently chosen. Worthwhile, but not perfect.

Gibby Haynes & His Problem
Gibby Haynes & His Problem
Price: $16.35
15 used & new from $7.97

2.0 out of 5 stars His problem is that this album isn't very good, September 14, 2004
Gibby seems to mean well with this album... It is a return to guitar rock after the Buttholes last album, which was bogged down somewhat with too much electronics. There are even some moments where the guitar really gets going and I am reminded of some of Paul Leary's finest work. Unfortunately, after 4 or 5 listens, I still can't recall any of the melodies. "Jet Fighter" from the last Buttholes album is better than anything you'll find here. It's pretty tame and forgettable. The production sounds a little too clean. And as for the lyrics... Superman gets really good weed? It's a long way from "I saw an x-ray of a girl passing gas". It's not bad... It just isn't very good.

Striking Distance
Striking Distance
DVD ~ Bruce Willis
80 used & new from $1.60

4.0 out of 5 stars A big dumb action thriller..., July 22, 2004
This review is from: Striking Distance (DVD)
This is a big dumb action thriller, and I mean that in the best possible way. Sure, it's not Die Hard... However I don't think it's fair to compare every Bruce Willis movie to one of the greatest action movies ever made. It has more than it's fair share of excitement and the plot has enough twists and turns to keep me occupied. The opening car chase is top notch. There are quite a few excellent character actors who turn in great performances here... Look for Tom Sizemore, Robert Pastorelli, Andre Braugher, and Timothy Busfield (as well as his spindly little girl legs). It's not going to change the world. It's not going to make you forget Die Hard. It's a fun thriller... especially with a couple friends, some popcorn, and a few beers. Worth a rental!

Violets Are Blue (Alex Cross)
Violets Are Blue (Alex Cross)
by James Patterson
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $8.00
620 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the paper it's printed on..., July 22, 2004
I enjoyed some of Patterson's early Alex Cross novels. He was never up there with Sandford or Connelly but they were fun and quick reads. At some point I lost interest. I saw this one at a library sale for 25 cents and thought, "How could I go wrong for 25 cents?" Turns out I got ripped off. This book is ludicrous. It seems thrown together and coming off reading one of Connelly's best, it seems like a high school fiction project. Vampires?! Oh my God!!!

The Matrix Revolutions (Two-Disc Widescreen Edition)
The Matrix Revolutions (Two-Disc Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Keanu Reeves
Offered by Sunday River
Price: $13.00
691 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars The revolution should not be televised..., June 27, 2004
This movie never really had a chance. The writing is absolutely terrible. The movie plods along with a cornucopia of insipid philosophical mumbo jumbo... all uttered with a straight face as if any of it made sense. Neo and Trinity are barely in the movie. The Matrix itself is surprisingly absent from this installment. Basically it's not so much that it stinks... The problem is that it is boring and lame. There were some pretty big logic problems too... For example, that one girl gets stabbed once in the stomach by that guy possessed by Agent Smith and she dies immediately. Somehow, however, Trinity can have multiple wounds going all the way through her body and still have time for another boring pointless discussion with Neo. I just finished watching it and I am already nearly done forgetting it. Did they really flush $100 million down the toilet on this turkey? Hard to believe but they actually had the nerve to plant the seed for another sequel. Good luck!

Page: 1 | 2