Profile for Carol Watson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Carol Watson RSS Feed

Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife
Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife
by Eben Alexander III M. D.
Price: $17.97
82 used & new from $1.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Stellar!!, February 28, 2013
A peek into the previously unknown condition we call death! I am in a place to welcome this subject since I am facing my own mortality with Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis! I found this quite interesting and believable as the subject and author is a practicing Neuro-surgeon!! He and his cohorts are usually the scoffers with subjects like this. He tells the story in a compellingly interesting and believable way. I have seen him speak of these events on TV!! Beyond (WAY) the norm and is unapologetic about any of his experience and understanding of this incredible experience he had!!!

Rory's Story Cubes
Rory's Story Cubes
Offered by 88 Market Street
Price: $7.92
63 used & new from $2.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Invites Creativity, February 28, 2013
This review is from: Rory's Story Cubes (Toy)
I have had great success with my 4th grade boy in adding a piece of whimsy to a story as he rolls a die and gets his topic. It stimulates the brain to be adventurous and bold, or tame and sympathetic, etc!! Have used it with 2 pairs of adult Mentors with their own Mentees, sitting in the library eating lunch and taking a roll of the dice to add the next installment to an ongoing story!!

ThinkFun Math Dice Jr.
ThinkFun Math Dice Jr.
Price: $7.99
10 used & new from $7.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Wanted it more Gamelike!, February 28, 2013
This review is from: ThinkFun Math Dice Jr. (Toy)
I use this game with an 'at risk' 4th grade boy! I do better with him with pencil and paper.....he gets the process a bit better that way. Unsure what it is about it.....I just know he doesn't like it much, It isn't innately "Fun" to play!!!

Spot It
Spot It
Price: Click here to see our price
175 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Home Run in a Can!!, December 28, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Spot It (Toy)
I purchased 3 of these to put into use with the dozen Mentors we have who visit "At Risk" kids at a local elementary school. It was recommended to me as an 'educational game' as it requires the player to pay very close attention to the small to larger figures on a 3" round card as each one is turned up. One must remember their own personal 'base card' and call out the name of the 'figure' that matches their own card. First one to do this, captures the card. The winner is the one with the most cards at the end.

Since 'paying attention' is a learned skill, it provides excellent opportunity to hone this skill. One also must remember the figures on their own card as it goes very quickly once play begins. Memory of the individual's own characters is important, too!! When given a choice regarding what game to play, they choose "Spot It", 9 times out of 10!! It adapts to a variety of ages--from 7--adult.

I think all of this is GREAT! But the best thing of ALL is just great, but the bottom line is how much FUN the kids have with it. I use this also in training the Mentors....they need to have some skill to keep up with the kids. Everyone has fun with it! And they are learning the whole time they use it!!

Nerf N-Strike Rayven CS-18 Blaster
Nerf N-Strike Rayven CS-18 Blaster
Offered by starworldtoys
Price: $32.99
11 used & new from $32.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Birthday Gift....., December 28, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
....for my 9yo grandson! He asked me specifically for this gun and was VERY excited to get it! I suggest purchasing the required batteries with many to spare. It will get used on the spot!! He loved it!!

The Gospel of the Beloved Disciple: A Work in Two Editions
The Gospel of the Beloved Disciple: A Work in Two Editions
by Herman C. Waetjen
Price: $51.06
43 used & new from $20.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Advanceled Level Bible Study...., December 28, 2012
used this text as the main source of the information presented. Our Leader was a former student of this author. I knew the Greek text would be challenging. Much of it was beyond me in not knowing the Greek language. What I could do was see the differences in the same text used in different ways.

It was a very interesting course of study and I am glad I purchased the book....coming home, I had time to go back to the referenced pages and re-read them for a more thorough understanding. Our leader is one of our Pastors and I'm sure we'll use this text again.

SquareTrade 2-Year Computer Accident Protection Plan ($450-500)
SquareTrade 2-Year Computer Accident Protection Plan ($450-500)
Offered by SquareTrade
Price: $68.69

3.0 out of 5 stars I returned the computer....., December 16, 2012
I bought it with. It was a good price for the extra comfort of stability of use for my needs. I need 'tech assistance'!!! Have yet to discover how I can 'return it'!!!

Words Kids Need to Hear: To Help Them Be Who God Made Them to Be
Words Kids Need to Hear: To Help Them Be Who God Made Them to Be
by David Staal
Price: $11.57
77 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read for working with youth, December 16, 2012
I recommend this for the Mentors I train for working with at-risk children! For young adults who haven't had the experience needed and also for Seniors who raised children in a differen era!! There is a common thread which will give everyone insight into the leaders of the future.......along side our grandchildren!

ASUS R704A-RB31 17.3" Notebook PC - Black
ASUS R704A-RB31 17.3" Notebook PC - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Bingo!, December 16, 2012
Much more my style! I know where things are and appreciate the stimulus for growth in making Windows 7 familiar to me. I love the larger screen and 'soft' key touch. I came into the computer world kicking and screaming. This unit is 'user friendly' which I need!!

Gateway NE71B07u 17.3-Inch Laptop (Satin Black)
Gateway NE71B07u 17.3-Inch Laptop (Satin Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a Fan of Windows 8!, December 16, 2012
Should have done more homework/research before purchasing. It is a whole lot of freelance and whimsy! Found it similar to what I would consider "Herding Cats"!! I just couldn't work with it. Not a match with my way of thinking!