Profile for Elf > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Elf RSS Feed

Black & Decker BL10450HB Crush Master 10-Speed Blender with 42-Ounce Glass Jar, Black
Price: $36.63
23 used & new from $23.18

1.0 out of 5 stars leaks black oily stuff all over the base, May 20, 2013
the screw at the bottom rusted after ONE WASHING and started leaking black oily fluid every time i make a smoothie, which is all i ever use it for. now it's started leaking smoothie also; can't tighten that screw because it's nested into the base, can't store smoothie in the fridge because it leaks all over the shelf, washing it is a pain as i have to take it apart each time though the instructions say you can spin dish soapy water in it to clean it. Worried it's contaminating my smoothies - health-wise i need a blender and i can't afford to buy another one - the B&D name used to indicate quality but this has changed i'd love to get my money back and get something else that will last more than one washing before it becomes dangerous to health.

Knight Pet 31-Inch Flats-A-Mals Otter Plush Toy for Dogs
Knight Pet 31-Inch Flats-A-Mals Otter Plush Toy for Dogs
Price: $7.45
2 used & new from $7.45

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous toy for dogs, November 10, 2012
A week ago we bought a knightpet toy squirrel for our dog. She had been playing with a child's toy and the child wants it back. So this squirrel toy was given to our dog, and it was in tatters within 2 days. The loop at the top of the head just pulled out, and the head seam split. The fuzz (fur) comes out piece by piece, so it's all over the floor and furniture and got swallowed by my dog (we took it away from her - health concerns), and the `fingers' which are defined by a single thread of yarn, have come out. I am very disappointed. You say you make `quality' products but they are not durable OR safe for dogs. Our dog is supervised with all her toys and chewies, so i know she was not excessively rough with the toy. As a comparison take the child's toy with which she has been playing for two months which is unharmed and perfectly functional. The child's toy has been played with longer and more roughly than your squirrel, and yet it is still in one piece and has no permanent damage - when washed it is as good as new. I would not put your squirrel in the washer - it would completely fall apart. You need to increase the quality of your goods; dogs can be harmed just like children with faulty construction and poor materials. You also need to reimburse us for this badly made but expensive dog toy. It cost us 18.00 Canadian.

Solar Basics
Solar Basics
by Neil Kaminar
15 used & new from $37.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Good comprehensive information, November 11, 2010
This review is from: Solar Basics (Paperback)
I was amazed at the amount of information about how to build, repair, and install panels and how to use solar power in this small book. I was led from basic principles to intricate details in a natural and cumulative manner that syncs well with my learning style. It's a great lead-in to the Solar Design program that's briefly described in the book. I won this book as a member of an on-line solar power group, and was very happy to develop my basic understanding of solar power and how it's applied in remote areas, on farms, and internationally for providing communities with water and power.

How to Raise the Perfect Dog: Through Puppyhood and Beyond
How to Raise the Perfect Dog: Through Puppyhood and Beyond
by Cesar Millan
Price: $8.48
155 used & new from $4.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice, November 11, 2010
The title of the book is a bit misleading, and did not prepare me for the advice focused mainly on choosing a puppy. We are fostering a rescue puppy who came with a lot of behavioral and health issues. The title and preview led me to believe we would get information and techniques to use to address dysfunctional behaviour. I did get some advice relative to the issues i am having, but had to search through the book to find it. The Dog Whisperer show has been a great source of tactics and understanding for me, and i guess i was looking for more of the same.

In this book Cesar chooses six puppies of different breeds and shows how he develops a training and care plan for each puppy based on breed characteristics. If you have such a breed or cross, or are looking for a puppy for your family, this is the perfect book.