ARRAY(0x94ed89a8)

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mikal RSS Feed (Maple Ridge, BC Canada)

What Mary & Joseph Knew About Parenting
What Mary & Joseph Knew About Parenting
Price: $13.49
111 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of "A-HA" moments!, October 11, 2005
This book has so many "a-ha" moments, it's not funny! It guides you to read stories in the Bible that you've read a thousand times, only this time you're reading it from the perspective of a parent---and what a difference it makes! The practical help that is easy to apply to your own parenting, the encouragement and the wisdom that is in this book is amazing and truly helpful.

I highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone who is a parent, considering becoming a parent or who wants to be a parent "one day." It's an invaluable tool to have in your library!

God Quest: Dare to Live the Adventure
God Quest: Dare to Live the Adventure
34 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My 10-year-old LOVES this book!, October 11, 2005
He can't get enough of GodQuest (or any of the other books in the series). He's learned so much about the Bible and has found quite a few answers to some of his questions, which makes him feel great and encourages him to keep reading and learning. He first received this book as a nine-year-old, and now, a year later, he's still re-reading it and learning.

If you have or know a boy within the 9-12 age range, buy this for them. They'll love it!

Legend of the Christmas Stocking
Legend of the Christmas Stocking
Price: $14.99
112 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful Christmas story, October 11, 2005
This is such a sweet, classic book with a wonderful lesson weaved throughout it. It blends fiction and history together seemlessly and provides children with a better understanding of what Christmas really means.

Highly recommended!!

Parenting at the Speed of Life (Focus on the Family)
Parenting at the Speed of Life (Focus on the Family)
57 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Making a difference in my family!, September 1, 2004
I received my copy directly from the author and was genuinely impressed and surprised by how this book and its concepts have changed my family!

As my son approaches the "tween" age years, I know that we have such an open communication and honest relationship, part of which is due to trying some of the ideas in this book. I have noticed a closer relationship with a lot of laughs and affection. I not only feel a family-parent relationship with him, but a friend relationship with him as well. We honestly enjoy spending time together. It's not the big "things" that make our relationship better, it's the one minute that we have a face-making contest, or the trip to the store where we sing opera together (jokingly, of course), or the few minutes at bedtime where we catch up on each other's days and share our joys and hurts. The little moments are what our kids are going to remember.

I really appreciate this book, and highly recommend it to anyone with kids, from babies to college-aged and beyond. Believe me, it'll help.

Startling Beauty: My Journey From Rape to Restoration
Startling Beauty: My Journey From Rape to Restoration
by Heather Gemmen Wilson
133 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing forgiveness and 'startling beauty', February 24, 2004
Heather's beautiful story really hit home and opened my eyes to God's grace once more. Not only has her example taught me so much about forgiveness towards those who have hurt us, but her openness and honesty about racism has also made me face my own issues. Thanks to her for not only revealing such a vulnerable side of herself, but also to Steve, Deshawn, Simon, Chad, and especially Rachael, for opening their lives to us as well.
Heather has done such an amazingly ("startlingly") beautiful job of describing something so ugly and evil. God's light definitely shines through her. I really recommend this book to anyone and everyone who has gone through a rape, known someone who has gone through a rape, or even just wants to learn how to be more compassionate towards someone who has been through this most violating crime.
I can't say enough good about this book.