Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amazon Gift Card Offer blacklist blacklist blacklist  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Learn more
Profile for Randall Brooks > Reviews

Randall Brooks' Profile

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Randall Brooks RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
The Order: 1886 - PlayStation 4
The Order: 1886 - PlayStation 4
Offered by ZMall
Price: $32.69
109 used & new from $22.62

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautifully crafted cinematic experience, February 27, 2015
The Order is a very competent game on every level. Instead of rating a game on what you think it should be, trying rating it on what it is being offered. The Order isn't a perfect game, but it offers an entertaining, beautiful, intelligent, simplistic experience. All of the weapons handle differently, I had fun using all of them, which is rare for a game like this. The voice acting is top notch, near flawless. The character movement is a little sluggish, but that is the only negative I can think of. There are a lot of QTE's, dialogue, characters, all of which I had no problem with. If you enjoy a linear game with horror themes, that is exquisitely crafted, with acceptable weapon variety, I would highly suggest this game.

Ab Wheel - #1 Rated Ab Roller on Amazon - Smooth Workout - Comes Fully Assembled, Sturdy and Very Durable.
Offered by Elite Sportz Equipment
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, works as intended, December 27, 2014
Excellent quality, works as intended. Also easy to use, and you can feel a difference in your abs very quickly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2014 2:57 AM PST

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare - Day Zero Edition
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare - Day Zero Edition
Offered by Tri-City Extreme
Price: $42.95
113 used & new from $16.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A game that strays from what made it into the giant that it is., November 7, 2014
I really wanted to like this, I was severely disappointed in Ghosts last year. While there is no excuse for the final product, there are some positives about this years Call Of Duty. I can appreciate the supply drops, finally being able to truly customize the look of your soldier, its a plus. The campaign is about as good as you're going to get from a shooter. The story line could have used more consistency, I wasn't really sure why I was doing what I was doing, certain characters actions don't make sense. The Exo suit abilities actually fit into the campaign, I cant say the same for the Multiplayer.
The Multiplayer aspect fails to impress me in many areas, the weapon variety is varied but ineffective. Surprisingly nobody uses SMG's, Shotguns or even Sniper Rifles. Due to the size and structure of the maps, and the fact characters have way too much health, SMG's have zero place in this game. They are under powered and have no range. Burst fire rifles are also ineffective. Kill streaks are difficult to achieve based on spawning issues, lag issues, and the fact you are unable to get into any kind of groove due to the problems mentioned previously. The map structures are another huge issue, the weapons have very little effective range, so when other players have position above you, when you spawn, they are already in position to kill you. Like Ghosts the rooms within the maps have so many different entrances, by the time you enter a room and attempt to exit it, you will die from behind. Its extremely frustrating to constantly die from the back, the side, from above. It's impossible to have fun in this one. Sound design is also poor, footstep direction is non existent, as is bullet fire direction, Other players now have more ways to find you on a map without you making noise. Like exo abilities, tactical grenades, weapon attachments. Its truly ridiculous how far Call Of Duty has strayed from what had made it successful. These last 2 editions have little personality, confidence in its core gameplay, connection stability, and kill streak effectiveness and variety.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2014 2:14 PM PST

Alien: Isolation - PlayStation 4
Alien: Isolation - PlayStation 4
Offered by NinjaX+
Price: $25.60
70 used & new from $14.49

3.0 out of 5 stars I crawl through hell, with no time to site see., October 11, 2014
Alien Isolation should have been much more entertaining than what the end result was. This game tends to be one dimensional. Crawling around a space ship for hours. When it attempts to be a shooter, the results are atrocious. Aiming the weapon is similar to Fallout 3, you don't look down the sights, but from the side of the weapon. Sometimes it seems the Alien doesn't show up properly on the motion tracker, I can go around a corner with the tracker in hand, only to have the Alien walking towards me. Controlling Ripley, to say the least, is aggravating. She runs extremely slow, can't jump, or climb over objects. Sometimes it's difficult to tell if she's running or walking. As stated in the other negative or mixed reviews, the frames per second are abnormally weak, and the sound isn't synced properly. The graphics aren't terrible. but just don't look right. There is a nice science fiction vibe to the atmosphere, but the pacing of the game and events could have been turned up a notch, to give the player a break from the crouch walking around the entire time. I wish the developers of this game the best of luck, it's clearly not a lazy piece. I just wanted to be more entertained than I was.

Destiny - Standard Edition - Xbox One
Destiny - Standard Edition - Xbox One
Offered by Fulfillinc
Price: $28.39
165 used & new from $16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The Mcdonalds of video games., September 11, 2014
Unimaginative, uninspired, unbalanced, boring, repetitive, desolate, bland, obnoxious, and diluted. With plentiful loading screens, having to travel back to The Tower every 5 minutes. No direct lobby for co-op missions, you have to run around begging people to join your strike team. No personalized options for customizing weapons, no direct line of communications with other players in missions. No variety in enemy motives or combat A.I. No environment destruction. The Moons level design is some of the most rudimentary I've seen. This game is so boring to look at. Graphics are solid, but nothing pops. NO MINI-MAP. Everything looks the same, exploring is tedious, no landmarks. Loot system is unexciting, never once did I say holy s*it, this piece is amazing. Weapons look good, but are simplified, basically just a few different kinds of firing types. Lifelessly drudging around the same run of the mill landscapes, is what this game is all about. Grinding for hours just to receive a decent weapon. Shooting the same boss for 20 minutes, just isn't enough to keep me hooked. You never have to change your strategy throughout a boss battle. Lastly, this game contains the most moronic enemy names, and I'm sure Dinklage felt like an idiot after having to call an enemy a "Hive Prince". I remember how disappointed I was with Call Of Duty: Ghosts, then I remembered Activision published this game as well.

Turn Blue
Turn Blue
Price: $11.88
134 used & new from $6.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a guitar solo....., May 21, 2014
This review is from: Turn Blue (Audio CD)
Short and sweet. I didn't enjoy El Camino. Many of the songs sounded similar, and there was an absence of distinctive sounds. Some of their passion seems to have returned in the first half of this album. An enjoyable first half, Bullet In The Brain, Turn Blue, Fever And the Weight Of Love are all excellent in my opinion. Even occasionally a guitar solo makes its appearance. The second half falters, lacking an edge and personality, once again the songs blend together, and are paced similarly. I find myself unable to call some of these titles Rock music. The guitars disappear and the keyboards overwhelm, while I appreciate the layers of music, there just seems to be an intentional desire here to appeal to a wider audience than much earlier albums. I have a strong sense of classic soul music in some of the songs. I would just prefer a grittier, in your face style of The Black Keys. I still appreciate the effort Dan, but old Grandma may be in your concerts pretty soon if you don't turn it up to 11. 3.5 stars.

Wolfenstein: The New Order
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Offered by Delaware
Price: Click here to see our price
124 used & new from $7.89

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent, high quality shooter., May 21, 2014
I haven't come anywhere near finishing this game, I just wanted to set the record straight with my confirmed purchase, compared to some of the dimwitted reviews I've read. I'd say the graphics are about a 7, compared to other current next gen titles. Story and mechanics are also a 7 or an 8. The lean/cover system is impressive, other shooters should take this into consideration, when in Call Of Duty you can't lean unless you are facing a wall, here you may lean any direction whenever you desire. Wolfenstein doesn't attempt to be something that it is not, I wouldn't call it linear, there are multiple paths in which have nothing to do with reaching your goal. There are a lot of fine details that I appreciate, facial animations, collectibles are detailed and written well. Hit detection is outstanding, while headshots and enemy death animations are entertaining to say the least. Highly recommended to those that are entertained by fantasy violence, and guns.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Kick back, relax, and destroy everything in sight., November 22, 2013
This is just a quick review, based on the few hours I've played. This game isn't about the graphics, its about having fun. I wouldn't say this game is challenging, its just a great waste of time. I find it's very user friendly, collectibles and blue prints are on shown on your map, so you aren't wasting time on looking in every random location in this large open world. You won't be maimed by the early bosses. You can literally do whatever you want, not worrying about missing any missions, or even side missions. This is a huge improvement from previous games. Really, the only complaint thus far is the camera is pretty bad. You have to constantly adjust the camera. The graphics aren't great, but clearly a step up from the last Dead Rising. I wasn't looking for Killzone like graphics. I will be enjoying this game for quite awhile. Not to be missed if you want to kick back, relax, and destroy some zombies.

API Proper PH 7.0, 250gm
API Proper PH 7.0, 250gm
Price: $5.99
19 used & new from $4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars The go to PH adjuster, November 18, 2013
This review is from: API Proper PH 7.0, 250gm (Misc.)
I've been using this product for nearly 2 years. I've never had an issue with the PH being too high after using it. If you are adding water with buckets, just mix the water with your hand or use something similar. Its also not harmful to all plants.

Venison Joe's Large Maple Smoked Beef Bone, 3-Pack
Venison Joe's Large Maple Smoked Beef Bone, 3-Pack
Offered by RoxiesPetDen-KG Enterprise
Price: $18.99
2 used & new from $15.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, November 18, 2013
Superior quality, my dogs love them. Great for dogs of all sizes. I have dogs from 10 pounds to 60 pounds, they all enjoy them. These aren't messy or excessively greasy. Also, no foul odor and they are extremely durable, and rarely chip.

Page: 1 | 2