Profile for Lynne Berry > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 51

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lynne Berry "Pink Popsicle" RSS Feed (Grand Prairie, TX USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Solitaire
Solitaire
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Solitaire, January 14, 2015
This review is from: Solitaire (App)
I play this all the time. Love this version of solitaire.

Slots Jackpot Inferno Casino: Free Slots Games

The Other Woman: My Years With O.J. Simpson
The Other Woman: My Years With O.J. Simpson
by Paula Barbieri
183 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars No one else had a motive to kill Nicole and poor Ron Goldman was in the wrong place at the ..., October 17, 2014
I bought this book when it first came out and read it. Then I read it again recently and got a lot more out of it. It is well written despite some of the comments here. However, she did break up with O.J. the day that the murders were committed. And then flew to Vegas to be with Michael Bolton. The next day Paula found out about the murders and went back to L.A. to be with O.J. BIG MISTAKE! She should have said I broke up with you already and I cannot stand by you. End of story. But no. She lied on the stand and went to the jail to see O.J. all the time with periods of going back to Panama City. She lost work, lost her apartment and lost her ability to make a living all because she stood by O.J. She had to have known he was guilty. No one else had a motive to kill Nicole and poor Ron Goldman was in the wrong place at the wrong time. She went on and on and on about her religious beliefs and most of that could have been left out. What I got out of this book is how manipulative O.J. was, and is to this day I am sure, and I think a narcissistic sociopath. Any man that beats up a woman is a sick person. My opinion is that you can love a person, but walk away when you know that loving them is bad for you. Paula should have walked away from the beginning.

Tales of a Hollywood Housewife: A Memoir by The First Mrs. Lee Marvin
Tales of a Hollywood Housewife: A Memoir by The First Mrs. Lee Marvin
by Betty Marvin
Price: $14.36
11 used & new from $14.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Betty Marvin - What a Gal, August 7, 2013
This book is a most interesting read and holds your attention until the very end. It is the story of a woman who grew up with her grandparents - not knowing her parents until she became an adult. After high school, Betty moved to California to live with her father and attend UCLA; thus beginning a journey in life you will not forget. She is very talented as a singer and would most likely have had a wonderful career in music had she not met and fell madly in love with Lee Marvin. They married and he did not become famous until after a few years and 4 kids later. Lee was an alcoholic and as he fell deeper into his addiction my belief is he was madly in love with Betty, but alcohol clouded his judgment. He became involved with Michelle Triola while making the movie "Ship of Fools" in London, England. She dug her claws into him and he eventually left Betty and lived with Michelle who eventually changed her last name to Marvin. They never married, but after they broke up she filed the famous palimony suit against him. Betty begins her journey as a divorced woman and has lived to tell the tale of her many adventures. I wish there had been more to read about Betty. She lived with Lee the best years of his life. Lee did marry a second time to a woman named Pamela he had known before he met Betty. Pamela was not kind to Betty or the children of Lee and Betty. I feel that Pamela was more of a caretaker to Lee in his last years. Betty is a lady that I would want to know - smart, witty, intelligent and talented. Wonderful book.

Behind the Candelabra: My Life With Liberace
Behind the Candelabra: My Life With Liberace
by Scott Thorson
Edition: Perfect Paperback
Price: $17.75
72 used & new from $1.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Too Much of a Good Thing is NOT so Wonderful, June 28, 2013
I watched the movie Behind The Candelabra while I was reading the book. The movie followed Scott's book perfectly. I was shocked at some of the revelations. Scott was just a teenager when he met and became Liberace's lover. He was not actually gay, but was overwhelmed with Liberace's generosity of gifts and attention. Liberace became everything to Scott - lover, father, companion. If Scott had never met Liberace he might have had a more stable and fulfilling life. He loved animals and wanted to be a veterinarian. The descriptions of the opulence of Liberace's lifestyle, homes and possessions is amazing. I highly recommend this book. It is well written and entertaining.

Once Upon a Star: Celebrity kiss and tell stories
Once Upon a Star: Celebrity kiss and tell stories
by Peggy Trentini
Price: $8.96
37 used & new from $2.26

3.0 out of 5 stars It's All About Sex, February 17, 2013
Peggy has had some flings with some powerful movie stars. I guess she didn't know at the time that all they wanted from her was sex and surely she didn't thing that any of them would marry her. It's interesting if you want to know how Sylvester Stallone, Kevin Costner and Billy Idol are in bed. There are other celebrities she wrote about too. All in all it is an okay read and entertaining.

Dropped Names: Famous Men and Women As I Knew Them
Dropped Names: Famous Men and Women As I Knew Them
by Frank Langella
Price: $18.88
150 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, February 17, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed all the "dropped names" stories. Couldn't put it down. Mr. Langella writes like poetry. The stories flowed well and were so interesting. The one thing I am wondering about is his time spent with Jackie Kennedy. Did he or did he not have an affair with her? Frank is the proverbial guest it seems as he has stayed with and been invited to some very well known and wealthy friends homes. I was not disappointed with this book.

Both of Us: My Life with Farrah
Both of Us: My Life with Farrah
by Ryan O'Neal
117 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Candid Read - Heartbreaking at Times, November 6, 2012
This is truly a love story but with many mistakes made in Ryan and Farrah's love affair. I have always thought they were a striking couple and was glad Ryan wrote this book. I takes two to tango so all of the problems in this relationship were not all Ryan's fault. Especially with his kids. I think Tatum was "in love" with her dad, Ryan. She wanted him all to herself and did not like him being with Farrah. She did some pretty mean things to him as punishment such as not inviting him to be in her wedding to John McEnroe - Ryan was not asked to walk her down the aisle. I think that was one of the cruelest things ever to do to a parent. Her need for constant attention was extreme. I think she is bipolar because of her erratic behavior throughout her whole life - especially her drug addiction. I do think it would have made a difference if Ryan and Farrah had married and lived in one house and not had separate residences. There was a lack of maturity on Ryan and Farrah's part in the raising of Redmond. However, I do get it that Farrah was the love of Ryan's life. At the end of the book when telling about Farrah's fight to live and the horrible cancer treatments and ultimately her death...even though I saw the documentary that was made and know the story, I still became teary-eyed and very, very sad reading about it in Ryan's words. It touched my heart deeply. I am a Texas girl who was raised in a small town 25 miles from Corpus Christi where Farrah was raised and also we are the same age. I am a cancer survivor so I know about cancer treatments. I wish Farrah could have been saved.

Poisoned Heart: I Married Dee Dee Ramone (The Ramones Years)
Poisoned Heart: I Married Dee Dee Ramone (The Ramones Years)
by Vera King
Price: $9.18
35 used & new from $4.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Dee Dee was a Narcissistic, Bipolar Nut Case, October 28, 2012
I think Vera wants to believe that her life with Dee Dee was a fairy tale love story. Her excuse for staying in this abusive relationship all those years was because she loved him so much. In my opinion she put up with the physical and mental abuse from Dee Dee because she was addicted to the rock star lifestyle and all the money and celebrity that goes with it. Dee Dee was an extreme bipolar case, a drug addict who at one point nearly beat Vera to death. It took 17 years for Vera to finally get out of this marriage. She was co-dependent to Dee Dee's behavior. She did not have to be his caretaker, but she chose that role and stayed in the marriage in spite of knowing better. You can love someone for all the wrong reasons and stay with them for all the wrong reasons. Love does not conquer all. And loving a bipolar person does not change their behavior. They look for a caretaker and rely on them to take care of all of their daily life. A normal person mistakes this for love from that bipolar person. Dee Dee did not love anyone more than he loved himself. He sucked the life out of Vera and anyone else that was that close to him. And when he sucked the life out of one person who could not take care of him anymore he moved on to the next victim of his narcissistic and cruel behavior. He did have a talent for writing songs and he was a nice looking guy, but knowing all of his horrible actions is just shocking that Vera put up with him all those years. The book did have some spelling errors and it could have been written in more detail, but it was a good read otherwise.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2013 2:42 PM PDT

Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock
Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock
by Sammy Hagar
Price: $19.28
167 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Sammy, Sammy, Sammy - What a Guy, October 18, 2012
I have read many autobiographies and biographies about rock stars. Sammy's book is one of the best, an easy and very interesting read. I couldn't put it down. I do not judge any of his actions - just think he is one smart guy to be able to see outside of the box and open the Cabo Wabo Cantina and make his own brand of tequila and all the other businesses he started. To come from such a poor background with an alcoholic father, it is amazing what he has done with his life. There is a lot written about his time spent with Van Halen which is shocking as far as Eddie Van Halen goes. You have to read this book if you are into the "Red Rocker" and his life story.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6