Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for --|(revdeath)|-- > Reviews

Browse

--|(revdeath)|--'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

--|(revdeath)|-- RSS Feed (Chicago, IL USA)

Sony SRF59SILVER AM/FM Walkman Stereo Radio
Sony SRF59SILVER AM/FM Walkman Stereo Radio
Offered by iWarehouse Deals
Price: $39.99
19 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Radio, August 30, 2004
This radio has actually exceeded my expectations. Easily the best pocket radio that I've owned in a good ten years.

As noted by others, this radio has great AM reception. No, the included headphones are not good. But when used with better ones the sound quality is, dare I say, excellent for a radio of this price. A surpisingly warm, rich sound - not the harsh/brittle/thin sound of other radios that I was afraid of. Compare it to a radio like the god-awful RCA RP1667 in order to truly appreciate how great this little radio is. And for the price you can't beat it. I even like the analog tuning and volume controls.

Just to correct a previous reviewer, this radio does indeed receive FM in stereo.

[...I never thought I'd write something so positive about anything... what's happened to me?....]
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2011 10:59 AM PDT

RCA RP1667 Headset Radio (Digital AM/FM Stereo) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
RCA RP1667 Headset Radio (Digital AM/FM Stereo) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Pixie Dust Treasures
Price: $49.99
4 used & new from $29.69

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing Sound Quality, August 30, 2004
While not the absolute worst AM/FM radio that I've ever purchased, it's pretty darn close. [I should point out that I'm very picky about such things] That being said, I think that a lot of people would actually be quite satisfied with this radio (as some reviews show).

THE BAD

One reviewer points out the hissing noise this radio makes. Simply unnaceptable! It's certainly extremely noticable when listening to AM radio at low volumes. And as it so happens this is precisely what I wanted this for. It absoultely ruins the experience. Very bothersome/irritating to say the least. It makes me simply not want to listen.

The other major problem I have with this radio is the sound quality. Not great by any means -- even when using better quality headphones. The best way I can describe it is just really brittle and thin. A much better sounding radio is the much CHEAPER Sony SRF-59. The sound on that radio is simply amazing in comparison. The only possible drawback being that it's all analog (which I've grown to enjoy actually). I only wish I had checked that one out before I got this one.

THE GOOD

Seems fairly durable. Among the cheapest available with a digital tuner.

CONCLUSION

If you aren't too picky about sound quality and absolutely must have a digital tuner for whatever reason, then this may be for you. Otherwise STRONGLY consider one of the many better sounding, cheaper, analog radios available.