Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Robert R. Palmore > Reviews

Browse

Robert R. Palmore's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Robert R. Palmore "Dr_Bobio" RSS Feed (Las Vegas NV USA)

Page: 1 | 2
NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender, Essentials Edition (EX2700)
NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender, Essentials Edition (EX2700)
Price: $29.99
50 used & new from $17.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad idea if you need a constant connection, but ok for dynamic range extension needs, June 11, 2016
I am giving it a low rating for 2 reasons. 1) it was recommended as one of two best suited for another item I had ordered but it took a long time to get configured and, once online, basically became a waste of electricity. 2) any device that needs a static connection to the wi-fi won't stay connected. Security devices I have about the house would make an intial connection but for some reason lose that connection within a 24 hour period. I would have to cycle the power on my security devices (surveillance camers) to get them back online. since any video is not stored local to the cameras, they became useless once offline. I ended up moving my main wi-fi WAP to another location in the house to provide the coverage I needed and so far there have no more problems. (almost 3 weeks now) If all you need is somewhere to 'reconnect' to your wi-fi if your moving about your home while using a mobile device, the Netgear N300 WiFi Range Extender is fine (your wi-fi range needs are dynamic) but for static/full time connectivity don't waste your money. I purchased it because Ring stated it had been tested with, and recommended for, use with their video doorbell. I didn't need it for any other reason and purchased it soley on that premise. Running some Cat6 from the Cable modem to the new router location should have been my 'Plan A' Also, if you need to reboot your router, you will need to cycle power on the extender afterwards ....
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2016 9:44 AM PDT

Hitachi R18DSLP4 Cordless Handheld Vacuum with Bare Tool
Hitachi R18DSLP4 Cordless Handheld Vacuum with Bare Tool
Price: $34.99
4 used & new from $30.44

2.0 out of 5 stars this is fine but I have dogs that shed, May 23, 2016
battery lasts longer than my previous cordless handheld vacuum, but the dirt reservoir is significantly smaller than my old one. if you dont mind lots of trips to the trashcan, this is fine but I have dogs that shed.

Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell
Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell
Offered by sarah.houck
Price: $159.00
92 used & new from $109.00

3.0 out of 5 stars It works, but there is no "live view" ability ..., May 23, 2016
It works, but there is no "live view" ability and the motion activated alerts do not arrive until whomever is setting it off has already departed. Needs a quicker notification to device and live view option, then it will get 5 stars. For now, only 3. Also, multiple attempts at 'tweaking' the motion sensor level of sensitivity has not seem to make any difference, regardless of how extreme.

Bluetooth Transmitter, TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter (Connected to 3.5mm Audio Devices, Paired with Bluetooth Receiver. TV Ears, Bluetooth Dongle, A2DP Stereo Music Transmission)
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $23.79

4.0 out of 5 stars worth the cost and does what it promises, May 14, 2015
so far so good. it works as promised and is a big help on my hearing challenges for the TV. Others can listen at a nominal volume while I have a bluetooth headset and can isolate TV from all the other ambient noise

SoundBot® SB556 Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Sports Active Wireless Headset High-Performance Earbud Earphone w/ Voice Prompt, 180hrs of Standby time, 8hrs of Talk or Music Playback time, 33ft Wireless Range, NFC, aptX, Multi-Point Connectivity, Built-in Mic & Crystal Clear Sound Technology for Hands-Free Talking and Music Streaming
Offered by Primo Super-store
Price: $12.99

1.0 out of 5 stars do your research, look at reviews. I didn't before purchasing this product and now it is just trash., May 14, 2015
it stopped working in less than a month. It would no longer power up (even though it showed as fully charged when connecting the charging cable) I just got so frustrated that I chucked it in the trash.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2015 2:34 PM PDT

Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Small
Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Small
Price: $129.00
14 used & new from $128.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Product, great motivator & I cannot imagine not having this ever again., May 14, 2015
I had the Force before, but when I heard FitBit was coming out with one that not only monitored heart rate, but also had caller indicator/ID, I took advantage of the Force recall offer which actually paid for my ChargeHR in full (minus shipping) I have been bragging about its capabilities at work so much that the office I work at now has monthly challenges on step counts. (this month it is the seperate departments against the executives) The owner of the company has pledged to purchase FitBits for all who want to participate but don't already own one. We now are up to apx 120 participants and growing each month.
I recently bought ChargeHR's for my wife and daughter (she is about to turn 21) when she saw what it was, she gave me a "how lame" look, but the next day when I came home from work, she was bragging that she had more steps than me and her mother. (she has since joined a gym and works out at it daily) I think I have created a montster in giving her a fitbit, she is always taunting me with her step count.
I can honestly say that FitBit has my life and the life of my family, of course for the better. It is a Win Win for everyone I know and I hope others have a similar story.

TV Ears 11321 3.0 Replacement Headset Only, Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars too fragile, November 25, 2012
for the price, one would think the headset would be sturdier. My tablet was inadvertantly placed on top of one of the ear pieces. In an effort to slide it out from under the tablet the headset broke. There was no reason it should have broken so easily. In addition the its fragility, it claims to work even if the TV is muted, which is a flat out lie. You also have to stay in line of site of the trasmitter. All in all, it does work but, for the exhorbant cost, you are better off with something else

Last of the Chosen (Spirit of Empire Book 1)
Last of the Chosen (Spirit of Empire Book 1)
Price: $5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaing read, hard to put down in several areas, February 24, 2012
The first book in the series sat on my kindle for an extended amount of time. Once I started reading it, I couldn't find enough time in my days to read it. Thouroughly enjoyable! It's kind of a Star Wars meets Earth type of story. Be prepared for a very abrupt and curt ending. If you have book 2 "Knights of the Chosen" at the ready, it will be ok though. Eagerly awaiting Book 3 "Voice of the Chosen" which the author states is due for release in March of 2012. Hope that doesn't change. Sometimes authors tend to get hung up on details when it involves the final book in a series.

Anytime Tools SMALL TORX SCREWDRIVER SECURITY TAMPER PROOF HOLE T5 T6 T7 T8 T9 T10 T15
Price: $9.03
2 used & new from $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars not what I ordered, November 26, 2010
The item I previewed, then ordered, online was a 5 sided security bit. What was delivered was a set of 6&7 sided bits. I guess the description given online should not be trusted and I need to physically see and hold what I need to make sure it is what I want to purchase.

Not a happy camper.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2012 3:13 PM PDT

Sony MDR-AS20J Active Style Headphones with Soft Loop Hangers - Black
Sony MDR-AS20J Active Style Headphones with Soft Loop Hangers - Black
Offered by Lots Deals 4 U
Price: $99.85
2 used & new from $99.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Great for the first week, after that. . . scrap., August 2, 2010
These headphones were to be my answer to the workout problem I have with headphones. They worked great for the first week. Now, after about 15 minutes on the eliptical, the left side stops working. That may be ok for someone who only does 15 minutes of cardio, but I need them to last much longer. Now they have been added to the pile of scrap that seems to be growing faster than my bank account. Save the 15 or so bucks and don't get this item if you have high standards.

Page: 1 | 2