Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for D. Hall > Reviews

Browse

D. Hall's Profile

Customer Reviews: 38

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Hall RSS Feed (Atlanta, GA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Mixed Media Portraits with Pam Carriker: Techniques for Drawing and Painting Faces
Price: $11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars If only....., April 28, 2016
It starts out wonderfully until the templates or methods for drawing a three-quarter view, side view, etc. using an oval and a circle. I truly did not see the purpose. For the side view and three-quarter views, it truly doesn't help. I like the lessons pertaining to shading and I liked the mixed media techniques at the end of the book. I truly was hoping this book would be more about drawing because three-quarter views to me, are tough, and I find myself working a long time on these. If you're interested in the multi media techniques, then this book is for you, although, you can surf the web and find plenty of people who demonstrate for free.

Nothing But Trouble (Chinooks Hockey Team Book 5)
Nothing But Trouble (Chinooks Hockey Team Book 5)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring!, November 11, 2015
Everything was predictable and boring. I found myself turning pages I hadn't read. No more books for me by this author.

The Wedding Secret (A Forever Love Story Book 3)
The Wedding Secret (A Forever Love Story Book 3)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than book 2, September 9, 2015
At least this had a plot, good character development, but as always, loose ends. If you want to find out what happened to the "bad guy," don't hold your breath. The same happened in book two and you never find out what happened. I believe the author may not do enough research and may merely just want to crank the books out.

The Non-Dairy Evolution Cookbook: A Modernist Culinary Approach to Plant-Based, Dairy Free Foods
by Skye Michael Conroy
Price: $12.95
30 used & new from $11.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Bravo! A lot better than other vegan cheese books!! FINALLY, June 27, 2015
I just got this book as a gift and I applaud the author for this most welcomed and timely sensation. I have tried a lot of vegan cheeses from a couple of authors and I absolutely have to say that this book is the best by far! One thing that is missed on a vegan diet by most, is the cheese! I have been into fermentation for a long time and I understand the process very well. That being said, the cheddar, the Gouda, absolutely wonderful. They take time, but it's worth it. I'm still skeptical of the kappa carrageenan and substituted for that. The butter and the mayo are fabulous! One can see that a lot of work went into this masterpiece. My sincere thanks to the author for putting in the time. Your book is clearly the best and I will spread the word.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2016 4:09 AM PST

Safergro Aqua Power Certified Organic Fish Emulsion Concentrate, 1-Gallon
Safergro Aqua Power Certified Organic Fish Emulsion Concentrate, 1-Gallon
Price: $31.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's hope this company keeps putting out a quality product, June 21, 2015
This product is absolutely wonderful. I used this along with Maxicrop mainly for my garlic and I must say, they are strong, thick, and healthy. I also used a combination for my seedlings, onions, cucumbers, etc. and they turned out to be very strong. It's hard to find good quality these days and when you happen upon a good product, you pray the company won't change. Right now, I can honestly say, I'm glad I bought this product.

"Pick a Pack of Peppers" 10 Seed Packets By Botanical Interests in Gift Box
"Pick a Pack of Peppers" 10 Seed Packets By Botanical Interests in Gift Box
Offered by No Thyme Productions
Price: $24.95

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoy the variety, however...., June 21, 2015
Botanical Interests usually gives quality products and that's why I buy their seed packets. This variety pack of peppers offers some that are organically grown and that's right up my alley. I generally buy my packets at Whole Foods, but they didn't offer the variety I needed. That being said, some of the seeds either did not germinate or produced very weak seedlings. Since I usually do a lot of pepper plants, I was ok. My guess was, that these were older seeds. The ones that did germinate and remain strong are now flowering. Would I buy this variety pack again knowing what I do? Yes.

The Homemade Vegan Pantry: The Art of Making Your Own Staples
The Homemade Vegan Pantry: The Art of Making Your Own Staples
by Miyoko Schinner
Price: $13.68
85 used & new from $10.13

4.0 out of 5 stars I Love Miyoko, but....., June 20, 2015
I love Miyoko, I do! She's a kindred spirit and has helped me a lot with certain foods. Her butter, her mayo recipes, her mustards, her macaroni and cheese, her delicious Italian meatballs, and more are excellent. As far as the soy milk recipe....well, it's just ok. It's nothing I would write home about. Yes, it's short, it doesn't have a "beany" flavor, yuba can be made from it, but the yield is pitiful, even if the okara is squeezed for all it's worth, the yield is very small. If you are making yuba or soy milk, then perhaps this small amount will be ok. But, if tofu is your goal, then stick to Shurtleff's method. Another disappointment, was the amount of recipes that called for wheat gluten. I had prepared the unribs before and my husband and I tossed them. Perhaps, it's just our taste buds, but seitan recipes, we could certainly do without. As for the cheeses, they are an improvement over the ones in her last book. I thank her for her efforts, she is truly amazing, and I appreciate the work that went into this book that allows us all to make our own condiments and not rely on commercial products that only deliver half the taste.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2015 3:31 AM PDT

Digital Painting Techniques: Volume 6
Digital Painting Techniques: Volume 6
by Carlos Eduardo Velasquez Cabrera
Price: $36.91
56 used & new from $23.86

4.0 out of 5 stars The best of 6, March 5, 2015
This volume is really good and in my opinion, one of the best of the 6 for me. I bought this volume because of the different fantasy environments, which I need work in.The book gives resources, techniques, advice and at times, it's a great learning experience. I gave it 4 stars because a lot of the explanations for certain techniques are not that clear. However, being an advanced photoshop user, I can find other ways to accomplish what I'm instructed to do. This volume, along with the others, are primarily for artists who know their way around photoshop.

iSi Soda Siphon, 26-Ounce, Stainless Steel
iSi Soda Siphon, 26-Ounce, Stainless Steel
3 used & new from $99.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the greatest, January 18, 2015
We were pretty excited to get this soda siphon a year ago and it works but with a lot of effort. In fact, there are many cons. The first of which is that the bottle cannot be filled up because it will leak and lose CO2. So, when you're done 'not filling' it, there's only enough for one glass of water per CO2 bullet. What if there are two people? The CO2 bullets are not only costly, but leave a terrible taste if one drinks the water right away. A cold bottle of water has to be on hand when refilling and the siphon should be placed back into the refrigerator for a while for a cleaner taste. For the money and the trouble, it's just not worth it. We finally found a new product called the Revolution which is put out by Sodastream and it's absolutely wonderful! No aftertaste, no leakages, and it's complete with a 60 liter canister. There are also larger canisters available, but we're happy with the 60 liter one. Good luck if you're thinking of buying this. Some people think it's great. I'm just not one of them.

100 ea Leland Soda Chargers Seltzer Chargers CO2
100 ea Leland Soda Chargers Seltzer Chargers CO2
Offered by SDN Retail
Price: $41.36
12 used & new from $32.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Leaves a slight taste, October 8, 2014
I just love having the option to make carbonated water. It's fast, easy, and it's so refreshing. That being said, these chargers also leave a slight taste to the water upon immediate use. So, I find it's best to discharge and place the siphon back into the refrigerator for approximately 1 hour or squeeze some fresh lemon or lime into your glass. In addition, as mentioned by other reviewers, the resulting carbonation will not be like those that are store bought and for our needs, that's a good thing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4