Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for R. Williams > Reviews

Browse

R. Williams' Profile

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Williams RSS Feed (Denver, CO)

Page: 1 | 2
DynastyMattress Cool Breeze 12-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress, King Size
DynastyMattress Cool Breeze 12-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress, King Size
Offered by DYNASTY MATTRESS, INC.
Price: $599.00
2 used & new from $599.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, with a few caveats (motion transfer and warranty), March 29, 2016
I've had this mattress for 3 months. I bought the king. I'm a very light sleeper and had seen the reviews that there would be no 'transference' of motion from someone else in the bed. Unfortunately that's not true. Despite separate bases, there still some. Not a huge amount - and likely only to impact light sleepers like me - but it's there none-the-less and I get woken multiple times / night.

The company offers a '120 day warranty' - which sounds great - until you actually want to use it. They will take the return - but you need to ship it back yourself. So on a 124 lb king mattress I contacted USPS - too big. UPS - $500+. Fedex - $1000+ !!! I'm sure there are other cheaper options out there - but essentially - while the company will accept returns - it's not economically viable for anyone who doesn't live within driving distance of the return point.

I'd wanted to swap if for 2 twin XLs, which on their own bases would 'solve' the motion transfer. Since I couldn't send it back - I did what others have on Youtube - I cut it in half !! It's interesting to see that it's literally just several layers of foam. I can't imagine what the profit margin is like on these things - but it's got to be huge.

Anyway - the bed itself is comfortable. I'd rate it 4 stars for that. But marking down for the 'warranty' and motion transfer. If you're a light sleeper - consider two twins or something else.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2016 9:14 AM PDT

Outdoor/Indoor (6 Pack) 3.54" wide X 2.24" high Home Business SMILE YOU'RE ON CAMERA Yellow Window Door Warning Security Alert Sticker Decals **Back Self Adhesive Vinyl**
Offered by Rockmount Electronics
Price: $7.89

Kunto Fitness Elbow Brace Compression Support Sleeve for Tendonitis, Tennis Elbow, & Golf Elbow Treatment - Reduce Joint Pain During ANY Activity! (Medium)
Offered by CRCCOM
Price: $21.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't agree with the sizing guide, February 25, 2016
This review mostly based on the sizing. I'm not a huge guy (155 lbs, 5'11). I measured my arm at the elbow and it was just over 10 inches. Ok - so that's definitely the medium size I need apparently. Had it delivered and it was loose. Didn't give me much compression. I ended up ordering the small size, which seems to fit better. Tighter, but not too tight. Much more of the compression I was looking for and not loose at the ends. We'll see how this goes. I'd thrown out the packaging for the medium so guess I'm stuck with that one too, although that's my fault. 3 stars for the sizing issues.

McDavid Groin Strap
McDavid Groin Strap
Offered by SportingDoc
Price: $18.24
4 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, January 6, 2016
This review is from: McDavid Groin Strap (Sports)
I'm a runner, and pulled my groin doing some speed work. The groin stayed tender for weeks, but with this strap, I was able to continue to run without pain. As soon as I took it off and tried without, the pain came back… I definitely credit this for letting me keep training until the groin had recovered.

FI9803P Plug and Play 1.0 Megapixel (1280x720p) H.264 Outdoor Wireless IP Camera
Price: $53.86
21 used & new from $45.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, September 15, 2015
Very happy with this camera. It takes a little while to get things figured out software wise, but now it e-mails me photos anytime someone comes to my front door, and automatically records a video snippet which I have it save to a dropbox folder, which then automagically gets pushed to the cloud for 'safe keeping'. Video quality is great too. For the price, I'd highly recommend.

CycleOps ANT+ Dual Speed/ Cadence Sensor
CycleOps ANT+ Dual Speed/ Cadence Sensor
Price: $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works okay, March 30, 2015
A little tricky to align - the instructions could have been better - but once it's set up, it worked as expected.

Garmin fenix 3, Silver
Garmin fenix 3, Silver
Price: $499.99
23 used & new from $399.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Antenna Issues. Beware., March 30, 2015
I've updated my review to 3 stars (was 1). I ended up buying this again, this time through Amazon.

This current watch doesn't seem to be quite as inaccurate with GPS as my first one (for the record - yes - in both watches I had recording set to 1 second, and glonass on). Although that may just be my perception. I have paired it with a foot pod, although I've read in the garmin forums that it doesn't actually use it - so that may just be circumstantial.

It definitely does have a problem still if you're in trees and make turns. My 920xt is more accurate in these situations. Multiple people on the garmin support forums have complained, and a number of sent it back.

But it's a gorgeous looking watch, and the first 'wear everyday' garmin I've owned. I'm hoping future firmware updates resolve the inaccuracy issues. If you're running trails in trees - I would absolutely not recommend this - but if you're mostly running with a good line of sight to the sky - or you're a triathlete and the running accuracy is just one of the components you're looking for - then it would probably work.

****** Original Review below ******

While I don't show as a 'verified purchaser', that's because I bought this from another site. I pre-ordered it in February, when Amazon didn't even list the item. Check my other reviews and you'll see I'm not some paid shrill, or negative ninny...

I'm a fairly serious runner - doing about 80 miles / week at the moment, as well as a fair number of miles on the bike. I run marathons and ultras. I've owned a lot of GPS watches, including the recent 920xt. I went for the Fenix 3 because it looked like a real watch - and not a kids plastic toy on my wrist.

Firstly - it's absolutely gorgeous. By far the best looking GPS watch I've owned. When in 'analogue' watch mode - it really looks like a high end 'regular' watch.

A minor quibble first - the font size when you're working out - appears to be a bit smaller than other garmin's - especially the 920xt - so is a little harder to read. But nothing too bad.

But here's the deal breaker. There looks to be an issue with the antenna. Go check the garmin support forums, but more and more people are having issues. This is really only noticed if you run in an area with trees. I'm not talking thick wooded forests where it might be reasonable to lose signal for any GPS watch - I'm talking your normal run of the mill parks. It seems that the Fenix 3 loses signals more easily and comes up with inaccurate paths. I've tried several runs in a local park, where the loop is a well known distance - used in multiple races - and where my friends and I have run it multiple times with multiple GPS watches. The Fenix 3 measures short every time. Yes - there's always an inherent inaccuracy in GPS watches - but this is beyond that. I ran a tempo run with friends - and the Fenix was 0.02 to 0.03 short each mile compared to their various GPS watches (220, 620, 920xt) - which in terms of pace is about 10-15 secs/mile too slow. If I was using it to pace a race - that would spell disaster.

My experience is far from unique. A friend did a very thorough test on a trail that was partially wooded with a number of other GPS watches. On the unwooded area - it was okay. As soon as it hit the woods - it failed miserably. Often by a factor of 10% or more. Far worse than any of the other watches. He's documented this on Garmin support under the Fenix 3 area - so check that if you're considering buying this. There are many others having the same problem.

My advice - if you live in an area without trees - you'll probably be fine. It also seems to be a little better if you mount it on your handle bars while riding. Perhaps because it's got a better angle to the sky and so reception is a little better.

But if you run around trees and want to rely on a GPS for relative accuracy - get something else.

I'm hoping Garmin figures the problem and resolves - but it's looking more and more likely to be hardware related with the antenna built into the exo-skelaton. So a simple firmware update likely won't fix.

Mine went back today. A major disappointment.
Comment Comments (18) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2015 6:41 AM PDT

Scosche RHYTHM plus Heart Rate Monitor Armband
Scosche RHYTHM plus Heart Rate Monitor Armband
Offered by Amazing Deals Online
Price: $79.95
10 used & new from $79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works., January 15, 2015
I'm a runner, typically averaging 70-80 mpw during a training cycle.

I've had various chest straps through the years, but rarely stick with them. They're uncomfortable, they can chafe, and often you can end up with wild spikes in HR when contact is lost temporarily - even if using electrical conducting gels. As a result - I rarely wear them for races, or anything too long or fast. And don't think I've gotten much value from them. Which is a shame, because I think you can learn a lot about your training from HR.

I'd heard about Mio HR monitor and was intrigued, but reviews here on Amazon, and with friends - it didn't seem like it was much of a better option.

I stumbled across this Scosche monitor - saw the high Amazon reviews - looked up the DC Rainmaker review (he liked it) - and decided to give it a try.

Bottom line - it works, without spikes - and you hardly notice you're wearing it. That's all I want from a HR monitor. I tried it on my forearm at first, but found that wearing it on my upper arm (as DCR mentions) was better. Bonus - this means it can be hidden by even a short sleeve t-shirt. I've worn it the last few days running and have been very happy with the results.

Definitely 5 stars for me.

Rampage Jeep 595001 Freedom Top Storage Bag
Rampage Jeep 595001 Freedom Top Storage Bag
Price: $66.60
32 used & new from $53.28

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, September 3, 2014
Does the job.

IanSean Muset1 Wireless Sports Bluetooth Stereo Earbuds Handsfree (Black)
IanSean Muset1 Wireless Sports Bluetooth Stereo Earbuds Handsfree (Black)

2.0 out of 5 stars The actual units themselves are nice - they pair quickly - and are light, September 3, 2014
Meh. I read the reviews and took a chance on these things. Unfortunately they don't fit my ears. They're big and hard - I honestly don't know how others are getting these things to fit. I've tried running with them for the last few days, but with them not fitting - the volume is low, ambient noise floods in, and I made the decision today not to wear them again. I'm 5'11 and don't think my ears are unduly small, but these things are far too big to wedge into my ears. Shame. The actual units themselves are nice - they pair quickly - and are light. That's why I'm giving them 2 stars. But for me they're useless.

Page: 1 | 2