Profile for Gopherbroke > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gopherbroke RSS Feed (Seattle)

C'Est Magnifique
C'Est Magnifique
Offered by Brand New Second Hand LLC
Price: $7.97
36 used & new from $2.37

5.0 out of 5 stars This turned out to be one of my favorite Ruby Braff albums, March 22, 2015
This review is from: C'Est Magnifique (Audio CD)
This turned out to be one of my favorite Ruby Braff albums. Smooth and breezy, with character. And you can't go wrong with the Pizzarellis!

Plenty: Vibrant Vegetable Recipes from London's Ottolenghi
Plenty: Vibrant Vegetable Recipes from London's Ottolenghi
by Yotam Ottolenghi
Price: $23.87
112 used & new from $14.73

2.0 out of 5 stars If you are a "foodie" you might like this pretentious (I'm sorry, September 9, 2014
I could tell right away that this was very far away from Deborah Madison or Mollie Katzen. If you are a "foodie" you might like this pretentious (I'm sorry, I'm being judgemental) array of recipes with impossible-to-find ingredients. But then you are not my kind of person. For the uber-wealthy and leisure class only. Enjoy your divertissements and burn in hell.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2014 7:13 AM PDT

Machaut: Remede de Fortune
Machaut: Remede de Fortune
Price: $12.00
22 used & new from $6.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Music -no liner notes, January 18, 2012
This is a terrific recording of secular songs. Unfortunately, one hasn't a clue as to their content because of the lack of liner notes. If you are like me and enjoy following along with the words and their translation, this is a big drawback.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2012 7:30 AM PDT

Wenger Men's 72610 Mountaineer Watch
Wenger Men's 72610 Mountaineer Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Large, Rugged and Simple, December 5, 2011
Watch face is large but not huge and everything is nicely visible without needing reading glasses. Buffalo leather band is comfortable and very handsome. I have small wrists and still have two holes left on the band. The watch is substantial enough that I don't think I'll wear it on a half-marathon, in fact, I may just reserve it for work and occasions and keep wearing my Timex Ironman for hiking and cycling. It's just that classy, as well as keeping great time. There won't be many phony markdowns on this one.

Kayland Men's Zephyr Hiking Boot
Kayland Men's Zephyr Hiking Boot

5.0 out of 5 stars Italian Quality Boot, August 24, 2011
I ordered these boots a full size larger than I normally wear (9 1/2 to a 10 1/2) and I'm so glad that I did. Very comfortable and built for scrambling and moderate backpacking. I would not choose this as my standard day-hiking trail shoe since it is a bit stiff and heavier than one would ordinarily need. Nice scree collar and aggressive Vibram sole as well as excellent support. Capable of taking on crampons if needed. I bought the "Mud" model that my grown daughters thought was "hot" if that is a consideration!

Sennheiser CX 400-B - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) - black
Sennheiser CX 400-B - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) - black

2.0 out of 5 stars Returned twice on warranty, June 9, 2010
I've had to return these headphones twice because the volume simply gave up. I have no idea why - they were not submerged or mistreated in any way. I will say that Sennheiser honors their warranty but it still is a pain. The ear buds are hit or miss, depending on the size of your ear canal, and they tend to slip out if you're moving around or running. The sound is not appreciably better than headphones you can get at Radio Shack for $9.99. I totally understand why they are being offered at such a steep discount. Don't let the Sennheiser name persuade you to buy this lemon.

Kahtoola MICROspikes Traction System - Red Medium
Kahtoola MICROspikes Traction System - Red Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Best traction device on the market, February 28, 2009
Easy to put on,easy to take off. Put them in your pocket. Forget about Yaktrax unless you are OK with broken springs. Kahtoolas are durable and they work like they should.You can walk on broken ground with them and the spikes hold up fine. Plus, I like the fashionable red color. Every gearhead hiker I know has these in their pack in the winter and wouldn't go anywhere without them. Mark these "Essential".