Profile for Kevin Stanton > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kevin Stanton RSS Feed (Tualatin, OR USA)

Plantronics Discovery 975 Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Graphite
Plantronics Discovery 975 Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Graphite
Price: $44.85
86 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, August 16, 2010
I've tried many bluetooth headsets for my cell phone(s) and this Plantronics is the best I've had so far. The only reason 4 instead of 5 stars is I'm still figuring out the best fit for my ear. I did like my previous headset (Jabra) for the over-the-ear style. I need to try one more fitting for the Plantronics. Other than that, excellent product!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars A fair unit but could be easily improved, October 19, 2007
The good:
Great graphics, loaded with features, pretty easy to use.

The bad:
- Sometimes the screen goes blank and the only way to get it back is to turn off the car.
- iPod interface is SLOW with no alpha lookup - BIG GLITCH! And scrolling is SLOW.
- GPS is off when you first get going - it shows that I'm in the middle of a field when I leave from home. It takes a bit for the GPS to find the unit. I didn't experience this with my last NAV system.
- Bluetooth interface is ok but could be improved. So far I haven't found how to remove a device previously paired.

Overall I like the unit. I hope Pioneer updates the software. The previous review that stated you can't change music selections while moving is wrong - you can change radio stations, iPod selections/playlists.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2008 3:23 PM PST

Plantronics HL10 Handset Lifter
Plantronics HL10 Handset Lifter
Offered by MMExpress
Price: $44.99
101 used & new from $19.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, September 24, 2007
The handset lifter works as advertised, easy to hook up and start using right away. Great convenience to answer/hang up calls while not at the desk.

Sams Teach Yourself Macromedia Flash 8 in 24 Hours
Sams Teach Yourself Macromedia Flash 8 in 24 Hours
by Phillip Kerman
79 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, August 2, 2006
This is my first review of any book. I felt strongly enough about this book to write up a quick review.

I'm a software developer by trade, not really a web developer (so far). I've started down the Flash road a couple of times and have never really done anything with it. Until now. My customer had a need for a flash movie clip so I bought Phillip's book after reading the reviews and they are right on.

I does take a bit more than 24 hours and I'm only on hour 15, but I'm comfortable enough to get done what I need to. This is a great book to get the basics down as well as learn a few of the millions of tricks you can do with Flash. Very well structured - logical and clear, at least to me.

Flash is a very complex program and complex to navigate if you've never seen it before. Phillip does an outstanding job all the way around.

Also, I had a question after publishing my moving and Phillip returned the email within 30 minutes. Awesome!

Needless to say, I highly recommend this book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2007 3:50 PM PST