Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Profile for S. Tung > Reviews

Browse

S. Tung's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Tung RSS Feed (Oakland, CA)

LG G2 (AT&T CARRIER ONLY) Case - Poetic LG G2 (AT&T CARRIER ONLY) Case [Palette Series] - [Slim-fit] [Lightweight] Snap-on Back Shell Case for LG G2 (AT&T CARRIER ONLY) Sand Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, October 26, 2013
Feels surprisingly great in my hand and definitely better than the standard LG case. Giving.it five stars because it met and exceeded my expectations for how it would look and fit with an already exceptional phone.

Saitek Eclipse II Backlit Keyboard (PK02AU)
Saitek Eclipse II Backlit Keyboard (PK02AU)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, October 27, 2006
This keyboard is awesome...the keys are very sturdy, but not TOO sturdy, meaning you don't need to use a lot of extra pressure to type anything; its not too flimsy either so your hands feel very used to the qwerty pad. It doesnt make a lot of noise either, in case you're worried about bothering that easily irritable someone 3 feet away from you. Of course, the lights are the biggest selling point for this item, and of course, the lights are brilliant. I mean, its not a necessity for a keyboard, not even if you use it in the dark (by now I think most people don't need to look at the keys to use a keyboard) but its a very nice little added aesthetic value to the keyboard. The lights do work, don't get me wrong, but I'd still be completely satisfied without the lights.

Logitech MX Revolution Cordless Laser Mouse (Black)
Logitech MX Revolution Cordless Laser Mouse (Black)
17 used & new from $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new mouse!, October 27, 2006
I haven't owned that many mice before, so I don't have much to compare this mouse to, but let me say that it is the best mouse I have ever used (winner by default I guess). The scroll wheel is amazing...the "intelligence" of the scroll is impressive...I will be on Firefox browsing webpages and the wheel moves smoothly, as if it were a real wheel (frictionless). When I switch over to AIM (using the convenient side scroll button), without having to do anything, the wheel becomes a little more sturdy to scroll (friction) which is convenient because I don't need to scroll very fast when viewing my AIM buddy list, compared to needing to scroll in a hurry when reading/surfing web pages that go down forever. There is no lag, no clutter (wireless) and it feels perfect in my hand. However, it is 80 dollars, but hey, if you want the best you should pay for it like its the best.

Weeds: Season 1
Weeds: Season 1
DVD ~ Mary-Louise Parker
Offered by Super Fast DVDs
Price: $7.84
251 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best shows on TV, July 10, 2006
This review is from: Weeds: Season 1 (DVD)
Weeds is one of the smartest, wittiest and most intriguing television shows I have come across, and with that said, it is no wonder it could only air on a network like Showtime (the other being HBO). While most people will enjoy this show, I think only people who have "experience" with the show's overall theme will fully understand and appreciate the situations that the show deals with. This show is also that much more better while you watch it under the same influence that it is talking about :] But that doesn't undermine the show's clever writing and brilliant acting. I'm so glad Parker won the best actress Golden Globe nod over the overrated Desperate Housewives cast because she is not only a better actress but it also gave this show the publicity it very much deserves. It's one of the sharpest shows on TV, and there is never a dull moment. Again, if you've never experienced the lifestyle that this show portrays, you might find yourself wondering what all the buzz is about. But otherwise, I don't think anyone could refuse this show. Brilliant, and can't wait for season 2. (Great cliffhanger in season 1 by the way)

PS Did anyone know that Nancy's son is the same actor who provided the voice for Nemo in Finding Nemo? :]

Apple iPod 4 GB mini M9806LL/A (Green)  (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Apple iPod 4 GB mini M9806LL/A (Green) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
4 used & new from $40.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing battery life, April 1, 2005
So I received my Ipod Mini last week (good job Amazon for the free shipping....which arrived very promptly) and I had a lot of trouble with iTunes. I had a 256 mb mp3 player before I bought my iPod and transferring music to that one was so much easier. With iTunes, you have to make sure every song you want on your iPod is in the library. Thus if you add songs from a different computer, the songs that are not in this new library will be deleted! I guess this protects illegal music sharing, but for something this expensive this is a very inconvenient feature. Basically I think iTunes is an inferior program for transferring music; on my old mp3 player you could just drag and drop music files into the player.

Most importantly, the battery life of my iPod is absolutely disappointing. I've had to charge it every 2 days since the day I received it, and it's not like I keep it on all the time. I just use it when I walk to class, and in a span of 2 days it is actually on for about no more than 6 hours. I don't even have the backlight setting on at all. I am extremely upset with this because the 18 hour battery life is what initially hooked me into buying this second generation version.

Apple is lucky the iPod has such a good interface. The scroll wheel I must admit is a very intelligent tool and the ability to make playlists is something flash drive based mp3 players can't do. For 190 dollars I got a second generation iPod that has EXTREMELY poor battery life and that's why I am so upset with this. If anyone else has had problems with their battery, please share. It's better to know I'm not the only one who got gypped!

Revolting Youth: The Further Journals of Nick Twisp
Revolting Youth: The Further Journals of Nick Twisp
by C. D. Payne
70 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing disaster, June 11, 2004
I can't believe after reading this 300 page book that I would come back to see only positive reviews for it! This sequel was so terrible and so ludicrous and overall a waste of my time. As a big, big fan of the first one (the first book I'd choose to read while in the bathroom) I didn't think a sequel was necessary nor possible. I was right.
The plot is so absurd and such a mess it seems to me that CD Payne was coerced into writing a sequel (or maybe he just wanted to profit some more) and never had an ending in sight so he found himself writing into plot holes that could never be resolved except with things too absurd even for Twispian universe standards. His prose is different in this one too. Whereas the first one starts you off with a clear and vivid description of Nick, his mom, Jerry, etc and the brilliant recaptures of his date with Sheeni with Jerry and his mom, to his spying on Lefty, to meeting Fuzzy and Apurva, this time it seems like the characters are forced to meet each other, and can't get out of their predicaments unless some Divine Intervention occurs. There is not a funny moment in this book; it just cycles into the absurd and introduces so many characters it becomes annoying. I know the pattern in the first book was the same too; Lefty is a major player in the first one then suddenly disappears as Fuzzy and Vijay take over the spotlight; in this one, you go from Connie (?!?!) to Dogo and back again.
But in this book, when CD Payne creates a new character, by what else, Plastic Surgery (What the F***??!), I couldn't believe it. Nick goes to Mexico to get plastic surgery? I mean, geez, dressing up as Carlotta is reasonable, but this is just retarded, even for the Twispian world. This book is just so unbelievabe, the characters don't even seem to believe what they are saying because Payne is lost and seems to have forgotten how these characters would talk; its just one absurdity after another--and not only is it absurd in general, it's contradictory that these old characters would do the same things (Paul is no longer as ominous and Vijay no longer as conniving. Could you imagine Sheeni from the first book saying the same things?). The first one is just flat out better--the dialogue and Tarantino-esque situations are genius yet believable at least.

Revolting Youth seems forced and that it was written by an aspiring 11th grader submitting something to his AP English teacher. Also, if you'll notice, the reviews on this book are FOR YOUTH IN REVOLT. Interesting that there's not a single praise for Revolting Youth on REVOLTING YOUTH ITSELF. The botton line is, the first one was pure classic, impossible to top, and this just proves it.