Profile for B. Coulter > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Coulter RSS Feed (The Hills of Tennessee)

My Parents Open Carry
My Parents Open Carry
by Brian Jeffs
Price: $9.60
16 used & new from $9.60

1.0 out of 5 stars Backwards masking for the current generation, August 19, 2014
This review is from: My Parents Open Carry (Paperback)
After absolutely inhaling the first two books in this series, "Staging a Revolution", and "Whatever It Takes: Illegal Immigration, Border Security, and the War on Terror," you can be certain that I was nothing short of giddy when I saw this on Amazon's shelves.

I have to tell you, though, that I was somewhat disappointed that, unlike in the earlier books, the female protagonist, Brenna Strong is nothing more than a puppet of the mainstream media. The patronizing undercurrent of her dialogue is oh so obvious.

In summation, while I'm thrilled that we FINALLY have a gun book for kids, I wish it had been better written. I believe this series has been infiltrated and will sway our children in the wrong direction, much like Ozzy Osbourne's backwards masking so many years ago.

Zevia All Natural Soda, Mountain Zevia, 12 Ounce (Pack of 24) Frustration Free Package
Price: $21.69

2.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to love it. Didn't., March 16, 2014
I really wanted to love this. As is the case with many of those who have tried this, I'm an aspartame addict and I know it's bad for me. I keep Pepsico in business with my Diet Mtn. Dew addiction. I average somewhere around 72 ounces of it per day. Oh glorious aspartame; I give you all my heart and you poison it with your brain damaging chemicals.

Perhaps, given more of an effort and a little more patience, I could have grown to like Mountain Zevia, but I'm not a man of patience... or really effort for that matter. :)

Mountain Zevia is the terrible result of an experiment where the scientist pours Diet Mountain Dew in a glass and then drops in two tablets of alka-seltzer. I came here to read reviews and found that many said it tasted better after adding ice. I gave that a try before chiming in, only to find that it made it taste like Diet Mountain Dew with two tablets of alka-seltzer, watered down. If you prefer your alka-seltzer heavy on the water, maybe this is just what the doctor ordered.

Campro Low Profile Triple Hot shoe Light and Sound Bracket
Campro Low Profile Triple Hot shoe Light and Sound Bracket
Offered by HD TOYS
Price: $19.95
3 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy item, March 11, 2014
I'm using this on a Canon T3i DSLR. It fits nicely and does what I expect it to do, which is hold up a small LED light and a shotgun mic. Shipping was good and the price was fair. I looked at some of the others that look more "Y" shaped and this one seemed to be sturdier and better balanced. So far, so good.

Three of a Kind
Three of a Kind
Price: $13.76
14 used & new from $3.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Not who you think it is..., August 2, 2013
This review is from: Three of a Kind (Audio CD)
This is not Oliver and Chris Wood. If you like Oliver and Chris Wood, do not buy this.

This album is horrific. It makes me sad.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2014 11:58 AM PDT

The Incredible Journey of Dr. Meg Laurel [VHS]
The Incredible Journey of Dr. Meg Laurel [VHS]
VHS
Offered by anyswinggoes
Price: $12.94
13 used & new from $5.47

2.0 out of 5 stars Hillbillies or Cavemen?, July 11, 2007
As a hillbilly, I'm not offended by that term. I am offended by this movie, though. This collective group of hill people make the Beverly Hillbillies look like Albert Einsteins.

The production values and writing are poor. The plot is predictable and cheesey. Don't waste your time. Just turn on the Hallmark channel and watch a couple of episodes of Little House instead. They won't be quite as ridiculous, but they'll hit ya in the same place.

X2 MEGA View 566 20 GB Portable Media Player
X2 MEGA View 566 20 GB Portable Media Player

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for a lot of things, August 31, 2005
The Mega View 566 does alot of great things. I purchased it primarily because it has direct A/V recording capabilities meaning you don't have to necessarily convert videos on your computer and do alot of file fiddling.

If you plug this unit directly into a television or tivo, it is exactly as advertisted. You just plug it in, hit record and you're good to go.

DVDs, downloaded DivX movies and even VHS prerecorded flicks can be a different story. Copy protection on DVDs and prerecorded VHS tapes can really get in the way. As stated in an earlier review, though, you can buy the DVD2Go unit to bypass copy protection. I'll probably be purchasing one of these in the near future.

I'm not a technophobe by any means, but I have had problems with downloaded DivX movies and DVD content that has been ripped to a computer. I haven't been able to figure out how to get the audio and video to sync. Certainly, there is a way to do this effectively. I just haven't wanted to spend the time to learn to do it properly. For me, ripping/downloading files and then spending time converting them is just too much work.

My guess is that Personal Video Players will make some strides in the future to make this process easier, but if you really have an itch to get something now, I think the Mega View 566 is as good as any unit out there.

Concerning the MP3 player, it's true that the unit has problems with copy protected songs. All of my songs are ripped directly from CD, though, and it works flawlessly. The audio sounds good and while it may not have some of the snazzy playlist features of an iPod, for general use it's a great unit with plenty of storage space.

I have played around with the FM tuner a little bit and it seems to me that if FM radio is really what you want, just go buy a walkman. The unit does what it says it does, but it's really just an add on feature.

Video quality has been knocked by some reviewers, but if you think about it, you're watching personal video on a very small screen. Yes, you can see the individual pixels if you look for them, but it's really not an issue unless you are a videophile. I would think, for most folks, watch it for a couple of minutes and you won't even notice the pixels.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the unit and I would buy it again. I like to watch TV when I'm going to sleep, but my wife hates having the TV on. I can put in the headphones, use the mini tripod to sit the unit on the night stand and watch whatever I feel like without interrupting her.

I primarily use the Mega View as a portable tivo. I tivo all of my favorite sitcoms, movies, etc. and then record them onto the portable unit to watch later.

I know this isn't Mega View's fault, but if there was a built in way to get around the copy protection I would give it 5 stars. It burns a little bit to have to buy another piece of equipment to copy my DVDs over, but that's what pirates have brought us to.

As a side note, I've noticed that some of my cheap-o DVD's (like the ones you buy at Wal Mart for $3 of really old movies) don't have copy protection and work just fine.