Profile for BirdOPrey5 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 190

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BirdOPrey5 "JUOTnet" RSS Feed (NYC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Hot Tub Time Machine 2 [Blu-ray]
Hot Tub Time Machine 2 [Blu-ray]
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest movie I've seen in a long time!, April 8, 2015
First off this is a review of the movie- independent from the prices which look high to me at the time of this writing.

That said this is a very funny movie. I like movies like Anchorman, Austin Powers, Road Trip, Old School, Hangover, and yes, the original Hot Tub Time Machine. If you thought those movies were funny this will not let you down. I had heard such poor reviews I wasn't expecting much but it really delivered. I will say you should probably re-watch the original before watching this sequel- it's been 5 years, you probably need a refresher for some of the jokes to make sense.

TPU Clear Transparent Non-toxic Ultra Thin Soft Silicone Gel Keyboard Protector Skin Cover for 17.3" ASUS ROG G750 Series, such as G750JG G750JH G750JM G750JS G750JW G750JX G750JZ 17.3-inch Gaming Laptop US Layout (if your "enter" key looks like "7", our skin can't fit)
Offered by CaseBuy
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., April 7, 2015
I've been using the cover for 24 hours. I am using it to protect a brand new keyboard as the original keyboard (with no protection) began failing before a year was up. It progressively got worse until even my space key stopped working so I had to replace it.

Most noticeable is that this protector perfectly fits the keyboard on my ASUS G750JX-DB71 17" laptop.

It is thin enough I can use the keys without much interruption but thick enough I am not afraid of it ripping. It does take a little getting used to but if I just ignore it and use the keys like I always have I can forget it is even there. When you look down at the keys you will notice it is slightly cloudy but you can still easily tell which key is which.

Do not throw out the little pieces of 2-sided tape included in the package. They were taped to a piece of cardboard in the package, Basically stick them wherever you think will be best to help keep the cover in place over the keyboard. That is what you'll see in the photo below the space bar, number keys, and fn key.

I would definitely prefer not needing a keyboard protector like this but it just isn't an option with this model laptop- the keyboard seems very susceptible to dust, crumbs, and other small pieces of debris- more so than any other keyboards I have used before.

Update: It has been just over a week and all remains good. In fact I've adjusted to it I don't even realize it's there anymore. It's just like typing on a normal keyboard with a sort of anti-slip grip on the keys.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Laptop Keyboard&Palm Rest for Asus G750 G750JH G750JM G750JS G750JW G750JX G750JZ Black United States Us Version MP-12R33USJ528W 0KN0-P41US12 0KNB0-E600US00 90NB00M1-1231US0 13NB00M1P16111-1
Offered by RTD Laptop Part
Price: $185.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Working great so far..., April 6, 2015
I was happy to see this was an exact match for my ASUS G750JX-DB71 17" laptop. It took me a little less than an hour to replace- I've replaced laptop keyboards before but not in over 5 years. I followed the instructions of a video on YouTube titled "ASUS G750 - Disassembly and fan cleaning" you should be able to find it. If you're not sure how to disconnect ribbon cables just take a small flat head screwdriver right above the cable and pop up the plastic piece and the ribbon will slide right out with no resistance.

As the first reviewer mentioned you will need to use the cable for your trackpad from the original keyboard- luckily this is a simple ribbon cable to disconnect on both sides. Take some care pulling it off the original keyboard it is lightly glued down- remove it slowly so you don't risk tearing it.

After the replacement everything appears to be working like new- if this was a little cheaper I'd order a second one just to have. However this time I invested in a keyboard cover (also available on Amazon) to hopefully keep it cleaner and like new for longer this time. Keyboard Cover

I will update this review should anything go wrong.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 1, 2015 4:41 PM PDT

LEGO Creator Set #10241 Maersk Line Triple-E
LEGO Creator Set #10241 Maersk Line Triple-E
Offered by ShopforY168
Price: $212.00
56 used & new from $195.00

3.0 out of 5 stars LEGO cheaped out on this one, April 5, 2015
I usually give LEGO sets high marks but this one does not deserve it. The quality of the pieces and design are very good but there are over 100 stickers including every single Maersk logo on every visible container. No excuse for this in a set that costs well over one hundred dollars. Worse there isn't a single extra sticker so you need to get everyone right the first time because there are no do-overs.

LEGO cheaped out by not pre-printing the pieces and again by not including extra stickers which would not be more than a few cents.

Also the container stacks just lay on top of the rails, if the ship tips they all fall out. Use some of your own extra bricks to lock them down.

TshirtsXL Big Men's Don't Tread On Me Graphic Tee, 5X, Yellow
TshirtsXL Big Men's Don't Tread On Me Graphic Tee, 5X, Yellow
Offered by TshirtsXL
Price: $30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but inconsistent., March 28, 2015
Shirts seem inconsistent. Bought one in Orange, fit great. Bought same size in yellow a couple weeks later and neck hole noticeably smaller.

Sony KDL60W630B 60-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV
Sony KDL60W630B 60-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart LED TV
Offered by Video & Audio Center
Price: Click here to see our price
6 used & new from $841.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Picture, Poor Stand, March 20, 2015
I purchased this back in December 2014, it has been on nearly 24/7 since. I am writing this review now in mid-March 2015.

The video quality has been great, the audio quality average for a flat panel TV.

My biggest complaint is the TV Stand- it looks fancy but it was poorly thought out. My setup requires me to turn the TV to access the back of it. On my old TV which had a standard stand that was solid on the bottom I could do that myself, carefully but safely. Even if an inch or two hung over the table-top stand it was still stable. This Sony stand attached to this TV however only has a long piece of metal in front- in back are just 2 stubby legs. As a result imagine turning it on a table top- if either edge of the stand goes out over the table, even an inch, the stand fails and the TV falls right over.

Not as a big an issue after getting used to Amazon Fire TV with my old TV the built in apps on this TV were extremely slow and limited. I would suggest getting a Fite TV or Fire TV Stick at least and just ignoring the built in apps.

Energetic Lighting, 40W Equivalent, A19 LED Light Bulb 6-Pack....6W, 450 Lumens, 3000K, 240 Degree Beam Angle, LED Light Bulb

5.0 out of 5 stars Best LED Bulb I've used!, January 30, 2015
I put one in a fixture with 4 Incandescent 60 watt GE Reveal bulbs and at full brightness all bulbs looked almost exactly the same, if anything this bulb was a bit brighter. It also dimmed well, of course when dimmed it was easy to tell which was the LED bulb as normal incandescents get red as they dim but LEDs stay white.

I have been trying LED bulbs on and off for years now and this is by far the best brightness, color, and dimmability I have seen.

Bulb looks only slightly larger (fatter) than an incandescent.

Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV
Price: $99.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This basically makes all "Smart TVs" useless., January 23, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV (Electronics)
Too bad you can't save money by buying non-smart TVs anymore- it seems like they don't even make them. An Amazon Fire TV however puts even the best built in Smart TV features to shame.

Out of the box it's very good- but if you invest some time learning how to side-load apps it becomes an excellent device very quickly. It serves all my media/entertainment needs besides cable/live tv.

Two things I do wish it had though was a way to use the USB port to add extra memory and an IR port that would allow a standard universal remote to do basic controls. Since the remote is bluetooth no basic universal remote works with it.

Ideaworks JR5539 Bath Step
Ideaworks JR5539 Bath Step
Price: $23.99
15 used & new from $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as pet steps, January 23, 2015
Been using them for years, great way to help my older dog get up onto the couch- he can't jump like he used to. They fit into each other and are very stable. I have 9 in total.

JBL Cinema SB100 Soundbar Speaker System - Black
JBL Cinema SB100 Soundbar Speaker System - Black
Price: $144.89
22 used & new from $86.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I would not buy again, January 23, 2015
I barely hear any difference- I wouldn't buy one again. Disappointing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19