Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Profile for MG > Reviews

Browse

MG's Profile

Customer Reviews: 47

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MG RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Homer's Where The Heart Is: Two journalists, one crazy dog and a love affair with Greece
by Marjory McGinn
Price: $11.99
14 used & new from $8.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, well-written book, August 3, 2015
Well-written travel memoirs are hard to come by. Marjory does a wonderful job detailing the ins and outs of life in a little Greek village. Yes, this book is a little more serious than its predecessor but it's just as well written and just as nice of a read. Highly recommend this one if you like travel books and/or books about Greece.

The OPA! Way: Finding Joy & Meaning in Everyday Life & Work
The OPA! Way: Finding Joy & Meaning in Everyday Life & Work
by Alex Pattakos
Price: $16.21
58 used & new from $9.67

5.0 out of 5 stars They really do mean "Finding Joy & Meaning", December 8, 2014
This is a lovely book that explores the passion and joy of the Greek (and Greeks/Greek descendants in other countries) people and how we can apply this passion and joy to everyday life. It is uplifting, encouraging, and empowering. It provides wonderful stories and tools to help us find meaning in each part/aspect of our lives (work, relationships, thoughts, hobbies, retirement, unemployment, parenthood, deeds, etc.). Great for times of growth, transition, or if you need a boost. (Also, a great, uplifting read if you are not in any of those places.) I have bought copies for all of my close friends and relatives. Give it a go.

Papadimitriou White Balsamic Vinegar
Papadimitriou White Balsamic Vinegar
Offered by Caribbean Amazing
Price: $13.95
3 used & new from $13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great vinegar, November 22, 2013
I love this vinegar. Perfect on Greek salads (or salads of any type), in marinades (for fish, chicken, veggies, etc.), and even on vanilla ice-cream (try it if you haven't... keep in mind you only need a TINY splash). I've purchased many bottles of this (sweet-ish) vinegar, and will keep buying it as long as it's available.

Papadopoulos & Sons [HD]
Papadopoulos & Sons [HD]
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A very sweet film about the triumph of the human spirit, November 9, 2013
This is a very sweet film about the triumph of the human spirit when faced with adversity. It's not a shoot-em-up, or a thriller (so not everyone will love it), but it's a well-made film (good acting, directing, music, etc.) that will make you cry (I cried more than once, but I am a total sap), it will make you laugh and it will leave you feeling inspired to go out there and get 'em. (Whatever "'em" is for you.) Watched it one weekend and then watched it again with my family the following weekend. Will watch it again (and again) when I want to watch an uplifting film.

Things Can Only Get Feta: Two Journalists and Their Crazy Dog Living Through the Greek Crisis
by Marjory McGinn
15 used & new from $1.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful read., October 21, 2013
Marjory McGinn is a talented writer. I've often found myself reading travel "memoir" books like this one, wishing that the writer had more talent, and that the book would end. Things Can Only Get Feta is a wonderful polar opposite. The writing is superb (don't let the occasional Greek words here and there deter you: she does define them) and I didn't want the book to end. Ever. Anxiously, I await the second book. One of the few travel "memoirs" I have truly enjoyed.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2013 3:17 PM PDT

Crown Prince Natural Skinless & Boneless Sardines in Pure Olive Oil, 3.75-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)
Price: $39.82
6 used & new from $39.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect. Even for people who don't love sardines., January 26, 2012
I have to say, I love these sardines. The fact that they are wild-caught (not farmed), boneless, skinless, packed in olive oil, and have a very short ingredient list (Sardines, Pure Olive Oil, Salt) make them perfect. They are not too stinky (my office-mate who sits very close to me says they don't stink). They do smell a little - but I would think any canned fish product would have some kind of smell.

I've been enjoying one can for lunch (sometimes with Popcorners chips [also available on Amazon] and they go nicely together). They are also great on their own, or on top of a salad. If you are not a huge fan of typical sardines, but want to enjoy their health benefits, I would suggest you try these. Their sodium content is quite low compared to other sardines. The fat is a bit higher, but that's from the (healthy) Olive Oil they are stored in. From the carton, one can of sardines is:

99 gram serving (1 container):
Total carbohydrates: 0g; including: Dietary fiber: 0g, and Sugars: 0g
Protein: 26g

Calcium: 6% Daily Value
Iron: 6% Daily Value

Also, according to the carton, each can has 2g of OMEGA-3 fatty acids. I think I am going to sign up for the Subscribe & Save... they are worth the price!

Casio Women's BG169R-2 Baby-G Blue Whale Digital Sport Watch
Casio Women's BG169R-2 Baby-G Blue Whale Digital Sport Watch

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute! But did I get a fake???, October 28, 2011
I love the look of this watch. I bought it for use on vacation. I needed a digital watch with a back-light and wanted one that was cute. This was definitely cute. When it arrived, I programmed the time, and all the other settings. When I pushed the "G" button (which is supposed to turn on the back-light) the light would not turn on, and a little animal (whale, dog, etc.) would appear in the area that normally shows the day of the week. (I see that happened to someone else too.)

I called Casio to see if I was pushing the wrong button. They walked me through a bunch of trouble-shooting and determined that my watch was defective. The person who helped me said that the back-light should DEFINITELY turn on, and the animal thing was a defect.

That is a pretty "funny" defect... and considering that other people's watches had the same defect, I question the authenticity of the watch. Either that, or one of their programmers decided to have a laugh. Anyway, I returned it immediately for a different style watch, that worked perfectly. If the back-light is not an issue for you, and you are not concerned if it's authentic or not, then go for it... but buyer beware! 2 stars for cuteness.

Irregular Choice Women's Power Struggle Ankle Boot
Irregular Choice Women's Power Struggle Ankle Boot

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, February 28, 2011
Got these boots in the Green in 9.5. I usually wear a 9 in flats, and 9.5 in heels. They have a strange fit inside, almost curved up towards the toe... but they are super cute, and I could wear them on a date for sure (not one where there was a lot of walking involved). The insides are lined with this great velvety material. Although they are not totally comfortable, I would buy some other colors if they were in stock in my size. These are SUPER cute.

FLY London Women's Lama Ankle Boot
FLY London Women's Lama Ankle Boot

4.0 out of 5 stars Would buy the purple ones too..., February 28, 2011
Got these in brown, in the 41 (10). I usually wear a 9 in flats and 9.5 in heels. The 10's fit great. Wore them with a knee length skirt, calf length leggings and a cropped cardigan - looked pretty cute! I would get them in the purple color if it went on sale.

Poetic Licence Women's Love Rush Bootie
Poetic Licence Women's Love Rush Bootie

5.0 out of 5 stars LOOOOOVE these booties!, February 28, 2011
I've been trying to "dress up" a little more these days. Bought these in the brown and eggplant color. Both colors are true to what is in the photos. The cut/style looks the same as in the photos as well. I usually wear a 9 in flats and 9.5 in heels, so I got these in 9.5. (They seem to be a TINY bit long and a tiny bit too narrow... but I am going to just deal with it because I am pretty sure the 9 would be too small.) Go for them, they are well worth the price - when they are on sale!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5