Profile for Branden > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Branden "cardinal04" RSS Feed (Portland, OR USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Dachshund Hot Dog Cutter Slicer (Set of 2)
Dachshund Hot Dog Cutter Slicer (Set of 2)
Offered by CartOnWings
Price: $24.98
2 used & new from $12.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor design, too hard to use, February 12, 2015
You have to push down so incredibly hard to cut a hot dog. It's hard to line up. And it doesn't cut through all the way. Also, very hard to clean says my wife.
These have become bath toys in our house :(

Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks (Travel Guide)
by Bradley Mayhew
Price: $15.61
71 used & new from $11.63

2.0 out of 5 stars Not well organized with poor maps, July 3, 2014
This book is covers much of the region, and our trip primarily focused on Yellowstone. We found this to be much better for planning a trip than for navigating through the park. The sections are not logically organized by park region, rather they have "Day Hike", or "Overnight Trips" that span several geographic areas. The book was especially poor for answering the question, "what else can we do around this area?", as there were no maps. It was somewhat difficult to compare the book the the park map; I would have preferred an integrated solution. For what it's worth, my brother in law showed up on our family vacation with the same book (good marketing by Lonely Planet) and similarly expressed a 2/5 star opinion. Their trip focused more on backpacking and fishing over 7 days. We mostly did hiking, ranger walks, etc with two kids.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit great, make more sense than disposable swimmies, July 14, 2010
This diaper fits my 13 month old daughter great. It forms a tight fit that has as good a chance as the disposable "swim diapers" to catch a solid. I like the design and think this makes a lot more sense for the weekly or twice weekly summer swim. My daughter is more comfortable in this and it's far less bulky than the soggy "swim diapers".

We use disposable diapers normally.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2011 9:23 PM PST

First Aid Q&A for the USMLE Step 1, Second Edition (First Aid USMLE)
First Aid Q&A for the USMLE Step 1, Second Edition (First Aid USMLE)
by Tao Le
78 used & new from $2.53

3.0 out of 5 stars USMLE world, NBME, and Robbins question are better, June 11, 2010
As of this review, I'm almost done with the USMLE world qBank and have taken 3 NBME full length exams. The questions in this book are a bit spotty, some pretty unrealistic. If you buy it, the first thing you have to do it get the "errata" to update your book. The answer explanations aren't as informative as one might like. I agree with the other reviewer that the author rushed the publication of this book. I have to ask why there are so many errors and bizarre wording of questions if 30 medical students and faculty edited this book.

So, it's not a terrible book, but with so many 5 star resources out there (and limited time), I would NOT get this book again.

Essential Haematology (Essentials)
Essential Haematology (Essentials)
by Victor Hoffbrand
31 used & new from $0.53

3.0 out of 5 stars offers little advantage over comprehensive book like Robbins, May 4, 2010
This book is very good for my second year medical school course. It has some nice diagrams and tables that facilitate memorization. The writing is good but not great.

I've become cynical about all these thin, topical books (this is thin) that are this expensive. My course assigned this book, but the Robbins Pathological Basis of Disease covers the material, and covers some course material better in some places. I will not marking my book so I can sell it back used at the end of the course.

Greenspan's Basic ; Clinical Endocrinology: Eighth Edition (Lange Medical Books)
by Dolores Shoback
51 used & new from $3.69

3.0 out of 5 stars Wordy, too few figures, glides over key concepts, April 21, 2010
I'm a second year medical student an purchased this book for my endocrinology course. I find the style of writing and lack of figures difficult to follow. The authors can quickly glide over key concepts and delve into great depth on clinically unimportance information. The authors thrive on the nuances that a second year medical student is less interested in. I prefer to read Harrison's internal medicine, NEJM review articles relevant to material, and my class lectures notes. I've tried hard to get into this book: a solid 6-8 hours, but I recommend against this book for medical students.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent grind, excellent value, February 14, 2010
I just replaced a more expensive cuisanart grinder with this model. I'm impressed. The grind is fantastic, the it only takes me 3-5 seconds to get the grind I want for a small pot. The grind is remarkably even and it's not even very noisy!

I see no reason to start with any grinder other than this one! I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Gerber 12-Pack Flatfold Birdseye Cloth Diapers - White
Gerber 12-Pack Flatfold Birdseye Cloth Diapers - White

2.0 out of 5 stars Too thin, too corse, August 10, 2009
We are beginning to try cloth diaper systems and started with these as a first pass, as they were among the cheapest and best selling. I would not recommend them, as they lack the absorbance, softness, and durability I am looking for. In short, it's very cheap cloth and may be useful when double or tripled up for alternative uses. We will continue to use these only as a backup. I much prefer a natural cotton trifold diaper that we bought at a local store. It's twice the price but 10-times the quality.

Norpro Honey Syrup Dispenser
Norpro Honey Syrup Dispenser
Price: $13.99
16 used & new from $12.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for tea when the honey is warm, April 16, 2009
As tea lovers, this is a perfect compliment to a cup of tea. Because honey is so viscous when it's cool, the dispenser doesn't work that well if you have the heat turned down on a winter's night or early in the morning in a cold kitchen. But the flow is adequate when the honey has had a chance to warm up.

Logitech Harmony 670 Universal Remote (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Logitech Harmony 670 Universal Remote (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by eDealer
Price: $200.10
10 used & new from $45.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Incompatible with modern operating system, January 1, 2009
Three people in my family attempted to install this computer on 3 separate computers for approximately 2 hours of total effort.

Although Windows XP found an unknown USB device, the program would not interact with the controller, so we could not set it up.

Next we turned to 2 Macintosh laptops running the most modern operating system (10.5.6). The software was supposed to work for systems 10.3 and above. 2 computers, 2 independent efforts by tech savvy college students, and no luck. By the way, system 10.3 hasn't been the standard in 3 or 4 years....the program updated itself, but still didn't run.

The troubleshooting guide wasn't helpful for us either. We walked through their various suggestions but it was no help.

We hung up after being on hold with customer support for over 20 minutes (never got to talk with anyone) and returned the device.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2013 4:14 PM PST