Profile for Melissa S. Moore > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Melissa S. Moore "sam2526" RSS Feed (Warren, OH USA)

Tara Toy Doc McStuffins Stick-On Styles Doctors Bag
Tara Toy Doc McStuffins Stick-On Styles Doctors Bag
Price: $11.97
10 used & new from $7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute but..., November 21, 2013
The opening is super small! I bought this along with real "cheapie" equipment (otoscope, thermometer, reflex hammer, stethoscope, and blood pressure cuff) to fill it with. I looked at the dimensions and while it's plenty big to hold it all, the opening is barely big enough it fit my hand through therefore only the smaller equipment fits without being jammed in or hung up pulling it out. Not a deal breaker, just a tad disappointing. Luckily I bought a stethoscope and blood pressure cuff that comes in its own (purple!) case so I am just going to attach it to the one side of the bag with double sided tape. The stickers seem very sticky so I think if you allow it to sit for a while after applying they should stay on (as long as they don't get picked at by little fingers!).

Fisher-Price Cradle 'N Swing, Luv U Zoo
Fisher-Price Cradle 'N Swing, Luv U Zoo

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed..., December 3, 2011
I have 6 month old twins and therefore own 2 of these swings. After about 4 months they both broke. The motor just quit. The mobile and music still worked but no swing. I am very disappointed. I originally owned the aquarium battery operated swing. I got that when my first was born, almost nine years ago. It was used for 4 children and for two months I used it for one of my twins. In all the YEARS (about 4) of use I never had a problem. I only decided to get rid of it an invest in another luv u zoo because I was going through so many batteries. I held on to my aquarium swing for a couple months before I finally gave it away and not even 3 days later the first swing crapped out. I called fisher-price, and they quickly offered to send a new motor head out. Shortly after I got off the phone I received an email that they were back ordered almost an entire month! Before I received the new head, the second swing crapped out too. So two babies and two non-functioning swings. Luckily I have since received the first motor and the second has been shipped. I'm upset with the hassle of all. The reason I gave it a 3 star is: it's a great swing (when it works) and fisher-price warranty department is great. Wasn't happy about the back order situation but I think that speaks to the issues they are having with this swing.

Playtex Diaper Genie Twist-Away Pail System
Playtex Diaper Genie Twist-Away Pail System

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay....., December 12, 2004
When I was pregnant with my daughter (she's 22 mos now) I researched EVERYTHING before I registered. I read reviews here, I read a book that went over all the lateset baby gear and ranked them safety wise, ease-of-use wise and cost wise. I also talked to other moms I knew. When it came to diaper disposal the diaper genie won, hands-down. However, after 22 mos of diaper changes, 11 of those being double duty as I now have an 11 mos old son, I disagree. When your baby is a newborn and in anything smaller than a size 2 diaper, it's a pain in the butt. The diapers a lot of time fall thru unless you wrap then just right. It's hard to get the "sausage" started. My biggest complaint however is that after about 9 mos the plastic had absorbed the smell so badly that nothing would take it out (we tried bleach, baking soda, and air fresheners). We continued to use it until my on was about 2 months old and then it went to the curb with the dirty diapers still inside. I found what works best for me is a small can with a shopping bag that I take out every day or even every other day. It's actully less work as this is how often I had to change the diaper genie to keep down the smell. Believe me, I know dirty butts...On a "good" day I can change as many as 10 poopy ones (oh lucky me). The diaper genie is just not worth it!

Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat, Blue/Green/Gray
Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat, Blue/Green/Gray
Price: $29.99
4 used & new from $24.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice alternative to a high chair!, December 12, 2004
We got this chair when my son was born. We already had the Healthy Care High Chair (which I highly recommend also) for my daughter. We decided to get the booster seat for my daughter and give my son the high chair instead of buying another high chair (my kids are not quite 11 mos apart). What a good investment! It's nice to have something so compact to take places with us if need be. My daughter can sit right up at the table with us and we can strap her in (a must--or else she's on the table!) My only complaint is that the tray insert pops out to easily. I gave up trying to use it because she pops it out and the food goes right on the floor! Other than that it is great!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars He actually likes it!, December 12, 2004
We never bought an ExerSaucer for my daughter (now 22 mos) but borrowed one (an older style)instead. She was easy to please and spent a lot of time in it. In the meantime, my mother-in-law buys the ExerSaucer Mega in Safari Print for my daughter to keep at her house. By this time she's crawling and not quite as interested in our one at home but she loves the one at Grammy's. So along comes my son and Grammy buys one for our house since we had to return the borrowed one. She didn't buy the ExerSaucer Mega in Safari Print but an older style and my son hated it! He would start screaming as soon as you put him in it. However, take him to Grammy's and put him in the ExerSaucer Mega in Safari Print and he would spend some major time in it! It is so colorful, has a variety of toys, and it plays a lot of different songs.I have recommended this to a lot of my friends and have even bought it for a few shower gifts.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Saver!, December 10, 2004
I bought this swing a week after my daughter was born. It was such a life saver over the next year that I am glad I did. We mainly used the cradle motion for the first six months and then switched to swing motion to watch Baby Einstein movies after that. My daughter is now 22 months old and we just recently retired the swing (she's a peanut--only 22 lbs now!). I also have an eleven month old boy who spent a few months in it. He is more of a mover than she was and didn't like any apperatice that tied him down once he started moving (at about 5.5 months). I guess the main point I would like to make is that some babies like swing and some like cradle. This offers both so unless your baby doesn't like either (and some don't), this is your best bet. It does go thru batteries (why can't they just make things plug in?!) and is a little noisy but the noise is nothing compared to a screaming newborn! I have recommended this to all my prego friends and family and now I am recommending it to you.

Another Monster at the End of This Book (Sesame Street) (Big Bird's Favorites Board Books)
by Jon Stone
Edition: Board book
Price: $3.70
133 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the first, December 10, 2004
We love to read "The Monster at the End of This Book" and when I came across "Another Monster at the End of This Book", I was very excited. As soon as we recieved it I sat down to read it to my daughter (22 months). It was a instant hit! My daughter has always brought me "The Monster..." to read to her at least 6 times a day and now she makes sure to grab them both when she wants me to read to her. That is not a problem for me since I find both of these books to be very cute.

Elmo's World: Wild Wild West! (Special Edition)
Elmo's World: Wild Wild West! (Special Edition)
DVD ~ Kevin Clash
Price: $6.90
52 used & new from $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining!, December 10, 2004
We just watched this video for the first time three days ago and it was an instant hit in our house. When the movie is over my 22 month old girl looks at me and says "'gain?". When Travis Tritt comes in and sings Pecos Bill my 11 month old boy sits and bounces to the music. I myself find it very entertaining and educational too. I highly recommend this movie for any Elmo fan!