Profile for EMB > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

EMB RSS Feed (Richmond, Indiana)

Page: 1 | 2
Cuisinart 6445-22 Contour Hard Anodized 5-Quart Dutch Oven with Cover
Cuisinart 6445-22 Contour Hard Anodized 5-Quart Dutch Oven with Cover
Price: $30.24
6 used & new from $30.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, June 13, 2014
This is a wonderful dutch oven / soup pot. I needed to scale back to a smaller soup pot, since my family has gotten smaller. This pot is great with respect to heat distribution. Clean up is amazingly easy, even easier than with my other hand anodized pots. The clear cover is helpful, when you want to keep track of how your soup is simmering. It's light weight, but performs like a much heavier pot. Highly recommended!

Chef'n Sleekstor Large VeggiSteam 11-Inch Silicone Steamer, Cherry
Chef'n Sleekstor Large VeggiSteam 11-Inch Silicone Steamer, Cherry
Price: $19.32
9 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Steamer (both sizes), May 17, 2014
These steamers are great for non-stick pots. They are flexible and easy to clean. The legs are long enough so that you can get enough water in the pot and don't have to worry about boiling it dry. I am very pleased by this purchase!

Takeya Flash Chill® Tea Maker (2 Quarts, Blueberry)
Takeya Flash Chill® Tea Maker (2 Quarts, Blueberry)
Offered by Timmie and Frankie's Vintage
Price: $24.99
15 used & new from $23.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, February 6, 2014
I have two of these pitchers, and they are great! I don't need the "Flash Chill" feature; I just fill the pitcher with hot water and load the infuser with 1/3 cup of high quality loose tea. I let it cool, but it in the 'fridge, and by morning I have great iced tea. I just bought the fruit infusers to have even more options for my drinking pleasure! Although these pitchers may seem expensive, they are well worth the money for their quality and versatility.

The Circle
The Circle
by Dave Eggers
Price: $15.77
144 used & new from $6.82

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting premise, but...., January 2, 2014
This review is from: The Circle (Hardcover)
I really wanted to like this book, but I found it tedious. There didn't seem to be much character development. The main character, Mae, seemed very one dimensional. The plot seemed heavy handed and predictable. I read to the end, hoping that something interesting would happen, but it remained flat and disappointing. My reading hours are few, and I think that the ones spent on this book were not well-invested.

Blendtec Home Blender HP3A,  WildSide / FourSide Jars - Black
Blendtec Home Blender HP3A, WildSide / FourSide Jars - Black
Offered by BlendingPro
Price: $524.95
2 used & new from $509.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Blender!, October 20, 2013
I bought this blender as a replacement for a KitchenAid blender that started to leak. I make a hearty, healthy green smoothie every morning, so I wanted a blender that would hold up to this level of use (and above). So far, I am very happy. I wish that the blender came in more interesting colors, but other than that, I have nothing but praise for this blender so far. I have not had a chance to use its "food processing" capabilities, but as the holiday seasons approach, I am sure that I will call those into use, too. I will update this review, as I know more. As of right now: a great blender, even if a bit pricey!

One more thing: It has a seven year warranty. The info for the product needs to be updated!

KitchenAid KSB560TG 5-Speed Blender with Polycarbonate Jar, Tangerine
KitchenAid KSB560TG 5-Speed Blender with Polycarbonate Jar, Tangerine
Offered by always bargain
Price: $149.99
3 used & new from $69.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed after Two Weeks, October 13, 2013
I had never before owned a blender, and I had always heard good things about KitchenAid appliances. So, I ordered this blender and it arrived in early September. I loved the color (tangerine), and it fit well on the counter of my kitchen. It took me about two weeks to start using it.

Since then, I have used it daily to make a green smoothie for breakfast. My smoothies are not very challenging: almond milk, protein powder, fresh or frozen fruit, and 2+ cups of greens (kale, spinach, or romaine). I don't really use ice in my smoothies.

For the first 12 days, the blender worked well. My smoothies were creamy, and the bowl washed up easily. I liked that it was an "all in one" bowl / blade assembly -- no parts to unscrew to clean. Two days ago, I notice that the blender base had started leaking. And the blender bowl is beginning to cloud up, despite washing it carefully by hand. This seems unreasonable for an appliance that has only been in use for two weeks.

So, I went to the returns page on Amazon, since I wanted to return the appliance for a refund. That's when I discovered that I had missed the return-for-refund window by 7 days. How disappointing! I feel that I have wasted $100 on an inferior appliance. I have already ordered a Blendtec blender as a replacement.

My advice to you is to not spend your money on this appliance, but invest in an excellent blender that can stand up to reasonable daily use.

Walk Away Your Waistline
Walk Away Your Waistline
DVD ~ Leslie Sansone
Offered by Fulfillment Express US
Price: $24.83
10 used & new from $9.86

1.0 out of 5 stars Walk Belt Missing!!!!, July 24, 2013
This review is from: Walk Away Your Waistline (DVD)
I ordered this DVD, which was to include a Walk Belt. The DVD arrived, but there was no Walk Belt included in the shipment. The DVD case and the description say that it should include a Walk Belt. I don't know what happened, but I am very dis-satisfied. I am contacting Amazon and will update this review with the Customer Service response.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2013 3:24 PM PDT

The List: A Novel
The List: A Novel
by Karin Tanabe
Price: $11.98
105 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, poorly developed story, May 13, 2013
This review is from: The List: A Novel (Paperback)
I really wanted to like this book as a summer read, but the main character is so poorly developed and one-dimensional, that I am bored. I heard a decent review of it on NPR (which is, for me, usually a good sign!), but this doesn't even hold my interest as a beach-book. I am about 60% into the text, and I am going to walk away without finishing it. Don't waste your time and money.

Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High Resolution Display with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers [Previous Generation]
11 used & new from $92.32

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed...., October 6, 2012
This is my third Kindle purchase, having previously owned a Kindle 2 and a Kindle Touch. I also regularly use the Kindle app on my iPad and iPhone and Droid. Perhaps it was the advertising that got my hopes up, but I pre-ordered the PW, confident that Amazon would put out a top-notch product. I even gave away the Kindle Touch that I still owned, before I received my new PW. When the PW came, I turned it on and immediately thought it was defective when I noticed the uneven lighting. Going on-line to read the reviews, I realized that this is a common complaint. I am going to try to get used to this reality, but my confidence is shaken by what appears to be deceptive advertising by Amazon. The pictures that are displayed for this product do not at all resemble the reality of my PW. I am very disappointed.

OtterBox [Commuter Series] Apple iPhone 5 & iPhone 5S Case - Retail Packaging Protective Case for iPhone - Boom
Offered by Keystone West
Price: $34.99
2 used & new from $34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars After use, revised review, October 6, 2012
Revised 2/16/2013: I think that this case is too slick. My phone has slid off of a variety of surfaces and hence fallen more than I have ever experienced with other smart phones and cases. I just switched cases to a Ballistic that has more "grip" and a built in screen protector.

I think the case is just the right weight and size, but then I am a new iPhone owner, having just converted from a DroidX with a BodyGlove case. So, this case and phone still feel small. The colors are fun. The access to the buttons and ports is fine. Yes, the top button takes some attention to really click it, but it's not objectionable. I concur that the screen protector seems unnecessarily difficult to install. I will replace mine soon. Overall, tho, a good case for the cost.

Page: 1 | 2