Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for Ali > Reviews

Browse

Ali's Profile

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ali RSS Feed (Wisconsin)

Page: 1 | 2
American Hawk Big Boys' Engineered Stripe Jersey Hoodie, Charcoal/Red, 14/16
American Hawk Big Boys' Engineered Stripe Jersey Hoodie, Charcoal/Red, 14/16

4.0 out of 5 stars But this top was more like a 12, November 9, 2015
I got a size 14/16 for my 12 year old. He is tall (5' 4" and 115lbs) and wears size 16 jeans and 14/16 tops. But this top was more like a 12. I gave it to my 10 year old and its a tiny bit big but fits him well enough that he decided he likes and it wants to keep it. Luckily I had that option! It does seem well made and I'm glad I bought it, but I would say it runs small.

Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 - 5) (Silo series)
Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 - 5) (Silo series)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Engrossing and creative, December 23, 2014
I often choose books at random, based on the numbers of reviews or cover art or whatever. Its like an easter egg hunt to find a great story. This story had me engrossed from the beginning. It was engaging and imaginative. I am looking forward to reading the books that follow. Kudos to Hugh Howrey.

Towers of Midnight (The Wheel of Time Book 13)
Towers of Midnight (The Wheel of Time Book 13)
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars what a ride, October 14, 2014
13 books! An epic read started at a whim over a year ago. One of the greatest epics of the fantasy realm!

GeoTrax Disney Pixar Toy Story 3 Getaway Turbo RC - Martian Car
GeoTrax Disney Pixar Toy Story 3 Getaway Turbo RC - Martian Car

5.0 out of 5 stars The highlight of Christmas, September 9, 2011
We bought this car as an add on to the Geotrax toy story train set for my son's christmas present. It is now Sept and the car still works great. It moves around the track faster than the train that came with the set so my kids prefer this one and its fun to have the little aliens. The remote control is very easy to work, my son was 4 when he got this and had no problems going forward or in reverse. It was a great buy!

DreamLine SHTR-1130601-00 Amazon 30"x60" Left Hand Drain Threshold Shower Tray, White

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shower base, November 27, 2010
We installed this base with the dreamline infinity sliding glass door. I was a bit concerned about the textured base but it is a slight texture, not as prominent as shown in the picture and it really does help not to slip.

The installation was a bit tricky. I had it professionally installed but it calls for quite a bit of cement to be poured under the base. I'm not sure if this is normal or not for tray installation, but this step surprised me so I thought I'd mention it.

Overall it is a great shower base and I feel we made a good choice on this for our remodeling project.

DreamLine SHDR-1060726-01 Infinity Sliding Shower Door, Chrome
DreamLine SHDR-1060726-01 Infinity Sliding Shower Door, Chrome

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Shower Door, November 27, 2010
Purchased this shower door in March 2010 and had it professionally installed. Installation went pretty easily, the door looks great and has a heavy/solid feel. We've now had it for over 7 months and it is holding up great. I did notice a small blemish in the metal on the top on the inside, however it is very small and I'm not sure if that was there out of the package or if it was knicked when being installed.

The only reason I did not give the door 5 stars is because it is a bit easy to get the door off of the track. I've never had an issue with it since I'm an adult and tend to pull the door open the way its intended to be pulled (from side to side), but my 7 year-old pushed it in and the bottom track ball popped out and the door tilted. It was very easy to pop it back on the track and it hasn't happened since, but still worth pointing out.

I purposely picked this door for a few reasons, first it has no bar across the front so it looks very streamlined. Second, it slides instead of swings open which was key for our very small bathroom. Just a word of caution, because it is a sliding door one side of this door remains fixed. So when installing you probably want the controls near the side that opens, otherwise you will have to lean all the way in to turn on the water and get wet in the process.

Mommy's Touch Easy Clean Pocket with Free 3-layer Mircoterry Insert
Mommy's Touch Easy Clean Pocket with Free 3-layer Mircoterry Insert

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic- even after 4 years of use, June 1, 2010
I have tried almost every name brand diaper out there. We have Fuzzibunz, Bumgenius, Happy Heineys, etc. And these are handdown my favorites for a number of reasons:

1) The really do fit bigger kids- my son was a chunko and these fit well
2) They also fit small kids since they have cross over snaps and you can fold down the front
3) The snaps do take a bit of getting used to but I wouldn't recommend less snaps. Once you get used to the perfect snap setting for your child its easy and having the extra snaps prevents sags and help w/ sizing.
4) After 4 years of hard use w/ two kids my original Mommy's touch diapers still look great, PUL is still waterproof, snaps still work and elastic is still in tact.
5) The prints are true PUL so just as waterproof as the solids
6) The new style w/ the extra pocket and the ability to change the tab snap setting for infants are great!!!

Just a wonderful product, I am suprised these aren't more loved.

6 Pack - Neutral Colors, Mommy's Touch One-size AIO (All-in-one) Snap Cloth Diaper Discount Pack with Free Matching Wet Bag

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall one of my favorite diapers, May 26, 2010
I don't agree with the prior reviewer that microfiber always holds in smell. I think it depends on how you wash them. I have used these for over 2 years and no stink. I also have many other microfiber inserts that have no stink associated with them. But I do use a full cap of laundry detergent when washing diapers. Some sites claim that you should only use 1/2 cap or even less which I think is crazy given that you are trying to CLEAN the diapers. I'll also say that after cloth diapering for over 3 years I have never had to strip a single diaper. If you have stink issues I say run the longest wash your washer allows and use a full cap of detergent!

OK on to the review of these diapers. What I love:
1) After many, many, many washings the elastic is still great and the diapers are still waterproof. In contrast the elastic on ALL of my Bumgenius diapers has had to be replaced so this is a HUGE plus.

2) They come in super cute colors and patterns. The patterns are made of true PUL so they are 100% waterproof, not like other diapers that are cotton lined PUL and tend to wick

3) They work great for a wide range of sizes. My older son never outgrew them and had quite a bit of room to grow before they would stop fitting him. My newest baby has just started wearing these and they fit very well in the small setting. He is 4 weeks old and about 10 1/2 lbs right now.

4) The all-in-one diaper is construcuted so you never have to stuff a pocket and they still dry quickly.

5) The double insert means that these are very absorbant. We rarely have leaks and I trust these overnight.

Items I don't like:
1) The interior fleece gets very pilly after many washes. I really wish they offered a suedecloth option on the inside of the diapers since suedecloth really does look nice wash after wash.

2) The snap design can be a bit complex to use. However once you get the hang of it it is fine. It is harder on a newborn since you have to fold down the front. If you use a daycare provider you will have to offer instructions. But I will say after using them for a while my daycare provided requested we bring these because she liked them best so its worth the effort.

Nikon Coolpix S6000 14.2 MP Digital Camera with 7x Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD (Silver)
11 used & new from $23.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Picture Speed, HD Movie Taking and Crystal Clear Pics, April 3, 2010
I wanted a small point & shoot camera that would be easy to take with me, that had a great optical zoom, that took HD movies and most importantly could take quick pictures. I tried out many cameras in stores before finding this one and so far have been very, very pleased. I am able to quickly capture my kids smiles and the pictures are super clear. Plus, you are able to zoom while in movie mode. The 7x optical zoom is fantastic. I love that I can touch up photos right on the camera and right from the get go the camera was easy to use. I find that the buttons are set up very well in a user friendly manner.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2013 6:43 PM PST

Sunheater Solar Pool Panel
Sunheater Solar Pool Panel

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, but not a pretty set-up, November 23, 2007
I agree with the prior poster, this does not set up nicely without some major work. My husband and father-in-law actually built a stand for it out of 2x4s and mounted it to our fence to get maximum sun exposure. This method worked well.

For our size pool they recommended we get two of these, but we opted to get one and see if we liked it and honestly our water was on avg. 8 degrees warmer. I was amazed how well it worked. We only used it for one summer and we took it down and are storing it for winter. I will update this next summer if we have any problems.

When setting it up we did have to go buy piping and such to connect it to the pool. What you get in the box for this item is just the basics.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2011 10:07 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2